What do you think o...

Notifications
Clear all

What do you think of Perseverance?

Page 2 / 2

robert55
(@robert55)
Senior Chief Registered

The taking off of the Ingenuity helicopter is a pretty great achievement for the Perseverance mission and for whole space exploration area. Excellent work by NASA's scientists and engineers. I guess that this flight will help humans in futher Mars exploration and of course it will help in making the first crewed mission to the red planet

ReplyQuote
robert55
(@robert55)
Senior Chief Registered

Lets talk about the fifth flight of Ingenuity. The 5th flight of Ingenuity was successful and landed in new location. It was a one-way flight and during this flight drone gained a new altitude — 10 meters. It was a new record. On the whole, helicopter just started to perform its mission — to explore new sites for the rover, and it does it successfully. So as you can see Ingenuity makes an important job and helps scientists in the exploration of Mars

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Looks like the Chinese have landed their lander and rover on mars.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @pinback

Yep! Rover wars? Competing for resources already, perhaps? Or simply pure science?

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Posted by: @cody

Yep! Rover wars? Competing for resources already, perhaps? Or simply pure science?

Given how the Chinese think long term, they made be thinking of making a historical claim based on where their lander land in the future.

Cody liked
ReplyQuote
robert55
(@robert55)
Senior Chief Registered

Thats's pretty staggering how fast China is developing its space technology and developing itself in space exploration area. I know that this country is going to make its own Mars mission with crew in some time. I don't think that they will be able to outrace Space X however the result of their work can stagger whole world.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

The Chinese have one big advantage over Nasa in the that the communist party of China is willing to fund their space exploration over a long period of time, unlike Nasa which is at the mercy of which ever administration is in power for it's budget.

As for the commercial companies it's too early to say weather they have the legs to keep going.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

The Chinese have one big advantage over Nasa...

They perhaps have another big advantage: they won't really care how many of their own people may die along the way. If NASA was to suffer a few deaths during manned exploration, there'd be an outcry, and it'd knock them back. The shuttle disasters show that.

A cynical opinion, I know - but as far as I can see, that's the way of it.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
MajTom
(@majtom)
Petty Officer Registered

There is a lot of enthusiasm and skepticism around Mars colonization. Also mixing life footprint from the past and building a new ecosystem into one subject.

But think that of the amount of work done and experience gained during past several years on a regular basis.

There is technology, opportunity, concept and a goal.

For me, result should be like a least a station beyond the Earth. Never experienced conditions before for a human to adapt (for how long it's possible), push horizons and evolve technology. Gather new information and use it.

Go and try rather than daydream.

Drone flight teams are very happy after successful launches even though not so spectacular.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Ingenuity has had a software upgrade and its mission extended - an awesome little machine!

Oolite Naval Attaché

Pinback liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2