Who will have the m...

Notifications
Clear all

Who will have the moon base first?

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

With China being all up in the news about their space program recently landing a probe on Mars. China has been talking about creating a base on the moon very shortly. And if I remember the context they would be teaming up with Russia to do it. 

So if the USA is going to do it its up to SpaceX really because NASA doesn't do shit anymore. This will be a interesting space race too the moon and I feel like USA might not win this one. We haven't done anything in 50yrs since landing on the Moon, so we are probably going to loose this one unless the private companyies (SpaceX) takes us there.

This topic was modified 3 years ago by DarkOne

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

As I have said in other threads the Chinese have one huge advantage in that they think in decades and they may let the Americans rush back to the moon and develop the technology for doing it, then simply acquire it as they have done in the past.   

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pinback

, then simply acquire it as they have done in the past. 

Yeah, all countries in general that off-shore their development of technology whether its chips or fabrication you are basically giving your ideas away. If countries (like USA) would have just kept production in house things would be different today. Because you are 100% right @Pinback once you give any country insight to what your building they now know how to create it and they didn't even need to spend all that money on R&D.... guess it is very smart when you look at it.

I just heard today that only 13% of microchips needed for usa products are produced here, everything else is outsourced. Now look at the world the electronics are crazy expensive... you seen the price of a 3090 gfx card they are about $3000 hahaha

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Chinese have been very smart in that if a company wants to do business in china then they have to share their technology with china.   

ReplyQuote
robert55
(@robert55)
Senior Chief Registered

I guess the building of a base on the surface of Moon can cause some international conflicts that can lead to a war between the most  prominent countries like China, USA or Russia. All these countries have nuclear weapon and these kind of conflicts can be critical.

ReplyQuote
MvGulik
(@mvgulik)
Senior Chief Registered

It don't really matters who will have, by there own definition no doubt, the first moon base.

China (or probably better the current Chinese leader) is not doing it be the first. That would just be a nice additional bonus.

...Penny wise, Pound foolish... vs ...Infiltrate and conquer... will probably have no winners in the end, only losers.

ReplyQuote