Notifications
Clear all

Amiga mini

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

From the same lot that gave us the C64 mini they have now produced a Amiga 500 mini.

Should come with 24 games but more can be added by the USB and it also supports the AGA chip set.

Weather it worth it I don't know as it will depend on weather you want to be able to use it with a TV and you may want to hold off and see if they produce a bigger version later on.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

🤔 Interesting I suppose but what advantage over a real Amiga would it have? This is especially so when you can fit SD and MMC card readers into the floppy port. I did this conversion on my Atari 520 STe and it worked really well. I picked the Atari because it didnt have an easy hard drive option but it would have worked just as well in the Amiga with a firmware update.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

The only advantage I can think of is being able to use it with a modern tv as you could just as easily download an emulator and the games and have pretty much the same experience. 

Looks like it will cost about £120, so it around about the same price you might expect to pay for a good conditioned A500 and you do get the A1200 and CD32 emulation as well.

Probably more aimed at these who don't want the old hardware but still want the nostalgia.  

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

I'll buy it only for a practical question. I have an original Amiga 500 but i'd like to play games on my new tv and amiga mini has hdmi port and also a controller and mouse. Simply download games from internet and put into it and you are ready.

I missed lot of games of CD32 and Amiga 1200 also.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Not an Amiga mini, but this is interesting:

I'll buy it only for a practical question. I have an original Amiga 500 but i'd like to play games on my new tv and amiga mini has hdmi port and also a controller and mouse. Simply download games from internet and put into it and you are ready.

I missed lot of games of CD32 and Amiga 1200 also.

There are ways to connect your A500, to a new TV: Open Source Scan Converter.

(I started restoring my A1200, and I fell into a money sink!! One of my favorite ways, to spend money)!!!  

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @captainkal

(I started restoring my A1200, and I fell into a money sink!! One of my favorite ways, to spend money)!!!  

I know that feeling. 😀 

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Pinback liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Some YouTuber have got early edition in for review, they have done good job with the look of it especially the keyboard.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Not bad but a bit pricy. Still sticking with my original machines. My A500+ is now 30 years young and still going strong! 😊 

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

@geraldine Even though I have three original machines, (a A1200, a CD32 and an original A500), I bought one!! It's still in the box though, since I am waiting for .adf and .hdf support!!!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@captainkal 

Yeah, it really ought to have come with that capability as standard but I guess its using the RP9 format (what Amiga Forever uses) for games and stuff maybe?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Posted by: @captainkal

I am waiting for .adf and .hdf support!!!

Surprised they come out with a machine that doesn't support those formats, most of the images you find online now is in this format. Its been so long since I have played any Amiga game but is their a tool that will allow you to convert a .adf to this RP9 format?

ReplyQuote