Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Amiga mini

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Topic starter  

From the same lot that gave us the C64 mini they have now produced a Amiga 500 mini.

Should come with 24 games but more can be added by the USB and it also supports the AGA chip set.

Weather it worth it I don't know as it will depend on weather you want to be able to use it with a TV and you may want to hold off and see if they produce a bigger version later on.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

🤔 Interesting I suppose but what advantage over a real Amiga would it have? This is especially so when you can fit SD and MMC card readers into the floppy port. I did this conversion on my Atari 520 STe and it worked really well. I picked the Atari because it didnt have an easy hard drive option but it would have worked just as well in the Amiga with a firmware update.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Topic starter  

The only advantage I can think of is being able to use it with a modern tv as you could just as easily download an emulator and the games and have pretty much the same experience. 

Looks like it will cost about £120, so it around about the same price you might expect to pay for a good conditioned A500 and you do get the A1200 and CD32 emulation as well.

Probably more aimed at these who don't want the old hardware but still want the nostalgia.  

ReplyQuote