Notifications
Clear all

Asteroids: Recharged

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

This looks like a nice remake Atari did for Asteroids

I remember spending hours and hours playing this on my 2600, I remember playing for 3-4hrs straight with no breaks and had a huge highscore and my mom called me and she didn't care I was playing a game ... ugh I died ruined all that work for a simple chore hahaha why didn't Atari think of pause game feature back then haha

Topic Tags
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Oh, very nice! Back in the day, when D1 was doing chores for his mum, my local pub had one these:

Many happy evenings spent drinking beer and playing Asteroids there. <sighs wistfully>

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Hahaha well I doubt you could have beaten my score in your drunken state 🙂

But that is a old machine it has the trackball controller that makes playing Asteroids so much harder than the atari controller 😉

Cody liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Posted by: @cody

Oh, very nice! Back in the day, when D1 was doing chores for his mum, my local pub had one these:

Many happy evenings spent drinking beer and playing Asteroids there. <sighs wistfully>

I remember that it's the one we had in the local cinema.   😎 

Cody liked
ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @sscadmin

But that is a old machine it has the trackball controller that makes playing Asteroids so much harder than the atari controller

<grins> So a bit like pinball: on your favourite table, I'd lose - whereas on my favourite table, you'd lose!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

@cody Very true, very true

Those table tops were cool because you can easily watch a person play it was actually engaging ... it put the pressure on you 😉

ReplyQuote