Notifications
Clear all

Bards Tale IV

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Well for many of us that have played the Classic Bard's Tale games we have always wondered when we were going to get a sequel... well the time has come and the Kickstarter is gone live today so show the support if you want to see this one made (I know I do). I have found memories playing all three of the previous BT games on my C64. Many hours of fun.

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv

So what do you think about the sequel and do you want them to stay with the classic look or change it up?

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Our good friends at CD Projekt Red and GOG.com have graciously agreed to allow us to extend the offer for another 24 hours! Anyone who backs The Bard’s Tale IV on Kickstarter in the first 48 hours of the campaign will receive a FREE copy of inXile’s Wasteland 2, or CD Projekt Red's The Witcher, or The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. (until 6/4 at 6am, PST)

Looks like BT4 is doing great on Kickstarter if the momentum keeps up they will hit their goal in 48hrs... wow that is impressive.

ReplyQuote
CrossDressiNate
(@crossdressinate)
Senior Chief Registered

Looks fantastic! I'll definitely be watching out for it. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Well the kickstarter has slowed a bit but they are 96% and they still have 26 days left so I think they are fine.

One update I am happy to hear is that they are including Bard's Tale 1,2 & 3 for free for backers of $20 or more and at first it will be the emulated versions but looks like they contracted out to have the games brushed up a bit to work natively on today's PC's and maybe have some art updates (which will be given out for free as well when they are done). Would be amazing to play those three games in this new engine, maybe some mod tools will enable the community to make that happen.

See post: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv/posts/1257921

ReplyQuote