Notifications
Clear all

EA games are coming back to Steam

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I guess it helps to have the biggest digital game platform, eventually I thought this was going to happen.... EA is now going have their games on steam and origin and steam players will be able to play together/link their accounts. This is a positive for both sides and don't understand why EA waited so long.... With so many games out there people will just pass on your game if its not on the gaming platform you prefer. I use Steam that's it.... yeah I have a few games on Epic (which i haven't paid for) and a few on GOG. I haven't bought games on any other store so if they are not on Steam they don't get my money.

With the recent gaming news of EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Activision all having issues hitting profit targets you would have thought getting your game in the most hands was key??? This isn't hard to figure out, this is all digital.... who cares about a percentage when your making money and gaining a customer. I think there should never be store exclusives on PC games.... But its nice to see EA coming back, I will look forward to seeing some dragon age and mass effect games back in the store so I can pick them up.

Check the link for more info:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191029005685/en/Electronic-Arts-Valve-Announce-Partnership-Bring-EA/

Topic Tags
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I too like my games on one platform, but with me it's GOG. Steam burned me over Deus Ex Mankind Divided so I've stopped getting anything there ever since, plus I prefer my games to be wrapper and DRM free. Hopefully GOG will follow suit and also do a link up with Steam. They actually do this on occasions already at special events:

https://www.gog.com/connect

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

<grins> I too like my games on one platform - my computer!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

GOG has that new client they are pushing, I haven't tried it yet: https://www.gogalaxy.com/en/

Steam has generally been really good to me and any issues I may have had in the past they solved it without a problem or stress. GOG unfortunately doesn't carry all of the games that steam does, plus the friend features are so much better on steam thats why I favor that platform. But I do like the no DRM features of GOG very much, I am sure (or I hope) if steam ever went out of business they would give the gamers a way to download and play offline all of their games permanently. Yeah you can play offline now with steam but I think it still needs to call home every once in a while.

But this is a win for Steam too in the EGS saga 😉  And there is a few EA games I have been wanting to play but refused to buy them on the origin store, so maybe I will see a few of them soon... 🙂 Thank you EA for seeing the light, now to get blizzard games on steam 🙂

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

I'm using a simple algorithm these days: if(not on GoG) then check Steam 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Don't think I have bought a EA game in years, at lest not for the PC, have bought a couple on the consoles.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Posted by: @cody

<grins> I too like my games on one platform - my computer!

When it comes to hardware Cody, I like to have variety, from a classic Amiga, through to my ,now aging, XBox 360 and PS1&2, to my PC. Elite 2 for example is sublime on an '060 Amiga 4000. Pretty near gaming nirvana in my book even if the game itself is 26 years old. Original game on souped up original hardware! Oh yes! 😊 

Cough, there is also that filthy Atari ST "thing" I have too. Even that abomination is trotted out on occasion for a stint in Sundog the Frozen Legacy. 🙄 

ReplyQuote