Notifications
Clear all

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Not much to this trailer but a bit of an intro, but here is the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim trailer.

Digitalus
(@digitalus)
Senior Chief Registered

Looking forward to more information on this. I really enjoyed Morrowind, and liked Oblivion once I'd installed dozens of mods. (I didn't like Oblivion at first, I admit.)

The trailer was actually pretty neat; hoping for a rock-solid story with a fantastic engine. Sounds like they're dumping Gambryo for a new, custom-built engine.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered

Ive loved the Elder Scrolls series since Daggerfall, that being said, I completely agree.

Its time for a new engine. The stiff, robotron animations and bland texturing and models need to go. Oblivion was alright, until you found the modding scene and realize how much BETTER it could be.

I'm a bit confused on the lore behind the new game. Dragons dissapeared? I thought that Akatosh was the only dragon looking thing in the Elder Scrolls. It seems odd to bring them in. Also, isn't it about time we left the damn nords alone? I mean, between Bloodmoon and Bruma, I was a bit sick of cold, snowy, nordic regions. Lets go to the Khajit deserts/plains or even the argonian swamps.

Actually, screw that, lets just remake Daggerfall, fix all of those broken ass mechanics, and overhaul the game systems to fit Oblivion/Morrowind. I want it all. >:)

ReplyQuote
power2pc
(@power2pc)
Crewman Registered

It should be a great game though! 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Read this:

Bethesda Softworks community manager Nick Breckon has confirmed that the next Elder Scrolls game, Skyrim, will use an all new engine. This is contrary to a recent rumour that Bethesda's next game would still use the Gamebryo engine that powered The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Quote:
they break it perhaps because dragons are "cool" and make sales, don't forget that only marketing considerations count now in mainstream games.

I wonder if this is the real reason why they have added dragons... Are people really so transparant, that adding in something like that would actually increase sales?

Actually now I think about it, that has to be the reason. Look at what they added to Fallout3 because they thought it was cool. They destroyed the lore in favour of a 'OMG COOLZZZ' reaction from children.

Dagger XL is the one to be excited about IMO.

http://daggerxl.wordpress.com/

Its Daggerfall made to work on modern pcs, it can also be upgraded with more modern textures but its still very early days.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Your welcome. Every fan should know about DaggerXL.

Tbh though I have hardly played it, just been through the first dungeon in one of the really old builds, I've gotten quite good at forcing myself to wait for things.

ReplyQuote
MarkQuinn
(@markquinn)
Crewman Registered

A new updated trailer showing some gameplay. This is fantastic! Even though I'm an avid Elder Scrolls fan, I wasn't that excited about Skyrim (probably because we have so long to wait for it) until seeing this. Now I'm salivating.

... ture=feedu

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Oh that trailer was worth the watch. The gfx engine to the game is great and as long as it is a big world i'll be plenty happy.

ReplyQuote
memnoch
(@memnoch)
Petty Officer Registered

If it followed the trend then this game would be smaller than Oblivion but more detailed.

After many sequels the game would be set entirely within a broom cupboard, but the detail would be incredible! 😉

ReplyQuote
Shingen
(@shingen)
Master Chief Registered

memnoch wrote:
If it followed the trend then this game would be smaller than Oblivion but more detailed.

After many sequels the game would be set entirely within a broom cupboard, but the detail would be incredible! 😉

Yeah, the more resources required for photo-realism, the less less resources for actual game-play. I can live without the extra graphics. Up-to-date video cards are freakin' expensive!

ReplyQuote
Rith
 Rith
(@rith)
Senior Chief Registered

Shingen wrote:
I can live without the extra graphics. Up-to-date video cards are freakin' expensive!

One of the few good reasons to own a console. 😆

Controls are horrible though...

ReplyQuote
memnoch
(@memnoch)
Petty Officer Registered

Except with consoles you have to make do with a fairly ancient graphics card. Although recent PS3 releases sometimes impress, gameplay wise they tend to be shallow affairs.

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

all the video i have seen have been on the xbox360, this new Skyrim engine is amazing, you never know might get fallout 4 with this as well, mark my words going to one of the best games this year by a long way.

ReplyQuote