Notifications
Clear all

Final Fantasy XIII

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Besides the BlueRay and multimedia functionality this was the main reason I went with the PS3. Only bad thing is that Square Enix keeps delaying the thing and the USA might not see it until 2010 from recent press releases. Crap thats almost 5 years after the PS3 release.... little late don't ya think.

I'm sure my disappointment will leave once I have that game in my hands... I just hope the PS3 doesn't die of old age before I get this game... and yeah it will be available on all platforms it is only FFvs13 that will be a PS3 exclusive.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Well FF13 been out a short while in Japan and it has sold over 1,501,964 copies in just over a week. Now that is just the Japanese released version. Not to bad. I'm sure it will sell really well come the Mar launch worldwide.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Never been a great fan of jap rpg games,the last one I played was ff7.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Comes out Tuesday... will have to get it later still playing White Knight Chronicles. I hope this story is great and immersive.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Picked this up new on Amazon for $20 on Sunday night. It is still on sale. I will finally be able to play it soon 🙂

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered

So what did you think of this? I was kind of disappointed because the game was so incredibly linear. RPGs, by definition, should NOT be linear. You're basically running down a narrow corridor the entire game! However, by the time you get to chapter 10 or 11, the game finally opens up. You end up on a planet that's very wide open, there's even these humongous dinosaurs roaming about which you can fight.

So, I didn't like the game all that much but in the end it redeemed itself. Solid game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I haven't played much of it lately and truly will probably just start again since I can't remember the story much. I got wrapped up in playing ME1 on the PC and played the hell out of RDR. Now I am gameless besides Starpoint Gemini, so I will start playing this again and I will let you know. I know at first I was having a little difficulty mastering the combat and switching between those styles. But the game looks amazing on 1080P 😮

ReplyQuote