Notifications
Clear all

GOG recently updated their Refund Policy

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I think this is a big mistake:

Everyone at GOG believes in a 'gamers-first’ approach. It means that every part of our store is designed with gamers in mind and your purchase safety and satisfaction come first for us. The latest update to our voluntary Refund Policy adds another piece to this customer-friendly experience. And it all sums up in one sentence: starting now, you can get a full refund up to 30 days after purchasing a product, even if you downloaded, launched, and played it. That's it.

It’s important for us to say that this update is possible thanks to your respect for all the time and hard work put into creating the games you buy on GOG.COM and playing by the rules. We're grateful for that and encourage you to continue to do so.

First thing I thought about is 30days is way too long, because a gamer can finish almost any game in 30 days.... There has to be some fine print here ( https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006129837?_ga=2.248798853.389338191.1582748757-1529895972.1582748757&product=gog )?

It does look in the FAQ that the support team can deny a request, because some games can be won in 10-20hrs. They should have made this hour based return policy and of course if the game just doesn't work because of your pc setup.

I give CDPR a thumbs up for the effort, but I think gamers will exploit this.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by DarkOne

Topic Tags
Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Warrant Officer Reporter

It is quite a customer friendly policy at first glance, but I too see many dangers here. This reminds me of something that happened in the food service industry a while back. Darden restaurants was having problems at their Red Lobster units. They got a hold of a CEO who had recently turned around the fortunes of a steak house chain. She decided to implement at RL what worked for her in the past, an all you can eat menu. She nearly bankrupted the company. Seafood is not as filling as steak, and more expensive when all aspects are considered, what seemed like a good idea, and had worked in the past, turned into a failure because the CEO did not understand her current environment.

A 30 day refund policy for games is excessive, some people will most certainly take advantage of it if they can. Hopefully there are qualifiers that will prevent abuse, as this policy is rife with the potential for it.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Gamers? Exploit? <chortles> Surely not?

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote