Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

GTA 5

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Topic starter  

First trailer for GTA 5

Still not played four but IIRC the PC version was rubbish.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Never played a one of these and didn't plan on it. RockStar Games should work on Red Dead Redeption 2 instead of GTA 5 🙂

Not sure how much of that trailer is actual gameplay footage but it does look good.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

DarkOne wrote:
RockStar Games should work on Red Dead Redeption 2 instead of GTA 5 🙂

Blasphemy !!! heh 🙂

I saw this trailer the second it popped on Youtube and although it's very vague I'm very hyped about the possibility of playing a new GTA game next year. I agree that GTA IV was kinda weak or something less than I expected, but San Andreas is and forever will be in my top 10 games list and given that this new game will take place in the same location can only bring back nice memories ... nice enough to make me install GTA SA again and play a few missions ... wait, I already did it yesterday, except I didn't played a few missions, I played for like 6 hours straight and if I didn't had to go to work I would've played a whole lot more.

All in all, I look forward to seeing the game hit the shelves.

Cya

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Always been a bit of a fanboy for the GTA games since the start of the series with the 2D ones, I say Vice City is my favourite one probably because of the 80s sound track.

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

RockStar Games are good but gta4 was not that good and was over rated 😛 i would like them to do something new, maybe a space game or a rpg please RockStar???? 🙄

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

This is something I have always hoped for, a game like Elite, but when you land at a space port, you can get out and walk (or drive) about a living city with its own things going on. This would be gaming nirvana 😎

Would be great, GREAT if a certain Cambridge Development Company and Rockstar got together to do it..........................someday 🙄

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

So GTA 5 is out on the consoles but no sign of the PC version

Question is do I buy it and a 360 to play it on or wait for the PC version?.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

As much as I like this game, I'm not buying a console . I hate those damn things as I find the PC controls much better for all the games I like to play. So, I'll be waiting for the pc version of this, when and if it comes.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

That seems to the question as to weather the game get a PC release although I think it will appear at the same time the XB1 and PS4 versions.

Just being reading that GTA 5 has made an estimated 1 billion in 3 days http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/20/grand-theft-auto-5-sales-surpass-1-billion/

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Well it got the better of me and I bought a 360 + GTA 5

Best one they have ever done it may be smaller than SA but they have given the player so much more to do in the game than before, some thing the space sim could do with.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

Well it got the better of me and I bought a 360 + GTA 5

If this is your first 360, I will also recomment Crackdown 1 + 2. Very good GTA clones IMHO.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Cheers CaptainKal I will check en out, going to be getting a copy of Red Dead Redemption as it never came out on the PC.

ReplyQuote
Draco
(@draco)
Crewman Registered

I haven't played an xbox game in almost a decade. When GTAIV came out on PC, it was buggy, sluggish. A real let down. I hear they 'may' release 5 for pc, but who's to stop them from giving us a crappy hosed up version to combat piracy.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

RockStar PC version of their games are never very good, which is a shame because they do make very good games, I have LA Noire on PC and it just refuses to work so I may be looking at buying it again on the 360.

ReplyQuote
MV2000
(@mv2000)
Warrant Officer Registered

RockStar PC version of their games are never very good, which is a shame because they do make very good games, I have LA Noire on PC and it just refuses to work so I may be looking at buying it again on the 360.

To be more specific, post San Andreas.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

I started playing GTA - Vice City a couple of times, got stuck in some early missions   , and even though I loved the 80's - Miami Vice atmosphere, I gave up   . I tried then to play GTA - San Andreas. I hated the hip - hop, gangsta setting xD  , also  got stuck in some early missions   , and also gave up playing  !!!  I will try playing GTA IV, and if I give up again in the early missions, I will not even touch a GTA game, with a ten foot pole!!!!    

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I enjoyed GTA III.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Their were a lot of problems with GTA 3 when it first came out, I skip GTA4 on the PC as I have read that it has lots of issues including the DRM they have used, although I may pick it up on the 360 at some time.

Same here I got stuck San Andreas, Nice thing about GTA 5 is you can skip mission after 3 tries if you want too.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

To be honest I don't remember having issues with any of the GTA games and I played them on some quite crappy PCs. Although I liked GTA Vice City I simply loved San Andreas, it's by far my favorite. I haven't really played much through the campaign of GTA IV because I don't like the setting, it just doesn't "click" with me.

I just hope that #5 will come out on the PC as well, sometime during my life time. I really hate all this "console-exclusive" crap policy that a lot of good games come with lately.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I seem to recall some real performance issues with 3 some times coming to complete standstill in the city center near the garage.

That console exclusive is a real pain especially when the game turns out to be no better than the console version.

ReplyQuote
celticfang
(@celticfang)
Senior Chief Registered

This is something I have always hoped for, a game like Elite, but when you land at a space port, you can get out and walk (or drive) about a living city with its own things going on. This would be gaming nirvana 😎

Would be great, GREAT if a certain Cambridge Development Company and Rockstar got together to do it..........................someday 🙄

You ever heard of Sundog Frozen Legacy? That had bits of what you want with a living city as far as the ST went. However I'd love to see a modern take on it (remake not counted, I lost track of that as I got into it a while back then lost it)

ReplyQuote
NevilClavain
(@krakoukass)
Warrant Officer Registered

From E3 : Rockstar has just officially announced GTA V for PC (and others platforms)      

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52261/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Coming-this-Fall-to-PlayStation-4-Xbox

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Brilliant game played it on the 360 and I think the best of the series but god knows how well the conversion will be on the PC as Rockstar are petty poor when it comes to doing PC version of their games.

ReplyQuote