Notifications
Clear all

I seem to have lost a game

kmdcomp
(@kmdcomp)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hey everyone, this is my first visit here.

A few months ago I was buying and trying just about every 4x game I could find, turn based and RTS and I seem to have lost one of them. I'm pretty sure it was RTS, but the only thing I can remember distinctly about it that set it apart from the others that I tried was the technology screen. It had a bunch of different categories in a vertical list and the progress in each category was shown by a horizontal bar filling up from left to right.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? This is really driving me nuts. I was drinking rum that night, and my alcohol befuddled mind couldn't get the hang of the game after 10 mins or so, so I moved on to something else. Now I'd like to give it anothe shot, sober this time.

I'm starting to wonder if it was an earlier version of star ruler, distant worlds, or armada 2526.

If it would help, I can post what will surely be a very poor mockup of what I remember seeing, but I have no artistic talent what so ever, so I don't think it would be accurate enough to jog anyone's memory.

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Ah sorry man, doesn't ring any bells. But give it some time, I'm sure there's someone on this board that knows the game you're referring to.

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

That sounds a lot like Haegemonia: Legions of Iron?

ReplyQuote
kmdcomp
(@kmdcomp)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Haegemonia: Legions of Iron looks like one hell of a game, but after looking at dozens of screen shots, nothing about it looks familiar. I might have to give that one a shot next weekend.

ReplyQuote
Tiake
(@tiake)
Crewman Registered

Now I know you say you believe it was an RTS...but the only space game I can think of with a tech window like that off the top of my head is Space Empires V. It would and still is a bargain bin title, and it has RTS combat with take turn empire management. If it sounds familiar, or interesting for that matter, check it out, just be warned its a bit old.

The tech screen, to see if its familiar.

http://malfador.com/SE5scr002.htm

ReplyQuote
kmdcomp
(@kmdcomp)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

That's close, but not quite it. I own seV, just never got enough time to play it.

50361533.png

This is my, oh so bad, mockup. It didn't even have it's own screen, it just kind of popped up near the bottom when you pressed the tech icon.

It's also possible this is just a wild goose chase and I dreamed the whole interface after trying some 10+ strategy games over 3 days and too much rum, but I tell you, I can see it in my head so clearly, it's hard to believe i just created it out of nothing, I'm just not that creative.

ReplyQuote
skelly
(@skelly)
Crewman Registered

Lost Empire??

ReplyQuote
nate9090
(@nate9090)
Crewman Registered

Distant Worlds, without the expansion has a tech tree like that. I don't know if it is what your looking for though.

mwsnap164.png

ReplyQuote
kmdcomp
(@kmdcomp)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Perfect, thank you Nate for proving that I'm not crazy.

Here's what happened. I downloaded Distant Worlds, but only played it for about 10 minutes. Then when I decided to try it again, I noticed that there was an expansion and before even launching the original, I installed the expansion.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help tracking this down.

ReplyQuote