Notifications
Clear all

Invitation to a research project on crowdfunding of video games

SteigenbergerUoC
(@steigenbergeruoc)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Greetings,

the University of Cologne currently conducts a research project studying success and failure of crowdfunding activities in the video gaming industry. Part of this research project is a questionnaire addressed at active or previous backers of Kickstarter projects. The goal of this questionnaire is to better understand the motivation of backers and success and failure of Kickstarter projects. If you supported at least one video game development project on Kickstarter so far, I would appreciate you filling out the following questionnaire:

http://www.unipark.de/uc/videogames/

Completing the questionnaire takes about 10 minutes. The research has a purely academic background and receives no financial support by any outside sources. The results will be publicly available upon project completion. If you want to receive the results, just provide a valid email address at the end of the questionnaire. Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this research.

Appreciating your support, best regards

Norbert Steigenberger

Dr. Norbert Steigenberger

University of Cologne

Seminar for Business Administration, Corporate Development and Organization

Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences

Albertus-Magnus-Platz

D-50923 Cologne, Germany

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

The questionnaire was pretty simple and straight forward, however the part where you have to answer the same questions (and there's quite a few of those) about various games 3 times in a row, it feels redundant to say the least and somewhat frustrating. I really believe just one would be enough.

But I am curious to see your results on this so best of luck.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I seem to have some problems fill it in as it got 30% but would not let me continue, will try again later.

Also on the first page are you referring to the number of projects back or just the successful ones ie I have backed 15 but only 6 have succeeded with 3 currently ongoing.

ReplyQuote
SteigenbergerUoC
(@steigenbergeruoc)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

The survey ends on Sunday, thanks to all who contributed so far. If you are interested in crowdfunding of video games and did not fill out the questionnaire so far, please do so in the next two days. Results will be available in January/February and will be emailed to all participants who provided a valid email address.

@Pinback: The questionnaire refers to all projects that did not deliver a product so far, successful or not.

Are you still having problems with the questionnaire? Trying a different browser or deleting the respective cookie the forum writes in your browser to let you continue were you left of might help.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

It was ok I competed it.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Completed. I know I would love to do some sort of crowdfunding here on SSC, just not savvy enough to pull it off on designing the code to do it.

ReplyQuote
Dalkeith
(@dalkeith)
Senior Chief Registered

Done - I will be interested to see the results

ReplyQuote