Notifications
Clear all

Mad max game

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Just been looking at some of the E3 announcements along with the usual triple A sequel crap, this pop up http://www.madmaxgame.com/age_gate/

One to watch.

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Oh yeah, I saw it a few hours ago and it really brought back some memories from the movies. I really can't tell much about the game from this trailer so I'll be waiting for the next trailer 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

They say its supposed to be a open world and I hope they take a page out of Rockstar's playbook and make the world expansive like in Red Dead Redeption, that world was large and always something to do. Mad Max would need to have the same concept and make surviving hard and scavenging a way of life.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I read it being made by the Just Cause developers, just not sure if it's an online game or single player.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Just Cause ?! Oh, well that's good news, to me. I played the second game and I loooooved it. It had such an absolutely huge world and the freedom was amazing. The campaign was so long I gave up after a while hehe, so if they made that game to be so fun, I'm guessing a new generation game will be that much better so I'm gonna keep an eye on this one.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I am going to have to get a copy of Just Cause 2 as I have seen a few people recommended it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

New video

Hope this is not going to be another triple A disaster. 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Looks great, but game industry is like the movies they can make a crap movie look great with a 2min trailer 🙂

If that gameplay exists and is 'open world' enough for me I would probably love it, but I would like to see a Fallout/Red Dead Redemption type of open world game play with some of that action put in and I would be happy.

ReplyQuote
Davidb5x
(@davidb5x)
Crewman Registered

I've played both the Just Cause games and had a ton of fun with both.   The maps are huge and filled with things to do. I can heartily recommend them both and I'm totaly confident that this Mad Max game will be well worth getting too.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Played the first just cause game as I recall it was very big but also very empty as in things for the player to do.

GTA 5 has set a pretty high bar for player interaction as to what you can do in the game world along with Blag Flag and the fourth coming Watch Dogs.

ReplyQuote
DARI
 DARI
(@dari)
Senior Chief Registered

ah yes Just Cause 2 - my most favorite regime-change-game - but if you complain about some tropical playground being empty (get a traffic mod!) - what will you say to a post-apocalyptic desert-wasteland ...

in the meantime try the demo of neo-scavenger for some survivalist gameplay

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

It always being a problem for sand box game in that it's the size of the game universe but how much interaction the player has with the game world and it seems that a lot of the newer game are addressing this now as they given the player a lot more choice in what they do and how they go about doing it.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Magnum Opus trailer.... looks like vehicle combat is going to be fun, which is what I expected anyway.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I read it has been delayed until 2015 now.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I don't mind the delay's as long as they do this game right, to me this game could be as popular as Fallout3 if they can do good on the open world and set the mood of the game and really capture the wasteland and the ruthlessness of the gangs etc...

ReplyQuote