Notifications
Clear all

MechWarrior 5 Coming Soon

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Piranha Games is working on the latest game in the series and the visuals are just great/ Check it out here:

I can't wait to play this one I have played them all over the years I think I liked 2 the best. Hope we can play the whole time in that sweet cockpit view.

r3dfiv3
(@r3dfiv3)
Petty Officer Registered

Holy sweetnesss !!! Can't wait 😀

Actually I really liked MW4:Mercs once it was properly modded with Mektek 3.0 and NBT. I do miss the Virtual World days though... I was more a Red Planet racer (Master pilot actually) but I could hold my own in a Mech.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

What is even better news for Mech fans is that they will be releasing free to the public MechWarrior 4 with all expansions very soon for download.... FOR FREE! I will post more info on that when I get it.

ReplyQuote
r3dfiv3
(@r3dfiv3)
Petty Officer Registered

Darkone wrote:
What is even better news for Mech fans is that they will be releasing free to the public MechWarrior 4 with all expansions very soon for download.... FOR FREE! I will post more info on that when I get it.

OMFG! Just went to the CBT site and almost fell off my chair !!! I'll let you do the honors of the full thread 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Hope there is loads of destructible buildings in the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
PINBACK wrote:
Hope there is loads of destructible buildings in the game.

I agree Pinback. I want to be able to just wreck havoc on the world in MW5.

Still no download links for MW4 yet but i'll keep ya posted on this because I want in on it too.

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered

I heard that they were shopping for a publisher and that they don't even have any portion of the game actually developed yet. The video was pure CG designed as a tool to secure a backer.

Do we have any news on this? I hope everything I heard was wrong...

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Saw this and I didn't know this happened. Might be why I haven't seen any new developments on MW5: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/MachWa ... ,8601.html

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Have you seen this yet?

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

Wow that sounds pretty good! And I had literally uninstalled Crysis an hour before you posted that. 😡

Anyone else gonna try it?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Hopefully will re-install Crysis this week to install and try out Mech Legends. Just the website keeps me busy... I really do need a staff 😆

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Hello Folks

While I was happy that Mech Warrior Living Legends was made I wasn't too thrilled about the thing being Multiplayer only. I know MMOs are the new way to go (and a bit less intensive in the need for AIs and such) but I really like SP gaming. Oh well call me the last of the dinosaurs 😳 !!

DarKenK

PS

I hope the new MechWarrior has SP gaming or like STOnline I will probably stay away.

DarKenK

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)

Quote:
I wasn't too thrilled about the thing being Multiplayer only.

😯 Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

ReplyQuote
Grimloon
(@grimloon)
Petty Officer Registered

From what I've seen/read thus far the new incarnation features single player as well as multiplayer mayhem. If it's just MP only then I'll break my habit of "play every mech game going" and ignore it - much as I adore playing with an Archer (LRM spammage FTW), Madcat/Timberwolf (PPCs are a close second to true aunt hilary, aka artillery) I'm not going to break a thus far lifelong habit of getting my arse kicked offline before it's well and truly handed to me online.

AFAIK it's not Mechwarrior 5 either, it's a complete "redo from start" option. The trailers look excellent but don't give anything away other than the fact that the game engine looks seriously sweet.

The MW4 free release is still bogged down in legalese so please don't expect anything soon. The guys at mektek.net have worked their arses off only to be told that they can't release the game. Considering the fact that they're doing this for free a smidge of understanding is required.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

What MW4 is almost 10yrs old now and the intent is to give it away. You can't tell me the game is still really bringing in money? Release the game already so maybe you excite people into buying more MW games in the future.

I would have to agree with most sentiment on SP/MP vs MP Only. I would have to admit I wouldn't even buy the title if it was MP only. From someone that has played them all including the battletech games, that's what I liked most about the games (especially MW2) was the storylines.

MP only games can sustain me for only so long before it gets old to me.

ReplyQuote
Mogymog
(@mogymog)
Petty Officer Registered

Wait.. so MW5 is just a restart.. like the first one? and NOT the story we was promised from the end of 4?? Man tht blows. I WANNA know what the damned storm is coming from earth!! I want the storyline to continue. I don't care about relearning the already learned past. I wanna know what happens in the civil war.. because im lazy and dont wanna read books. 😛

ReplyQuote