Notifications
Clear all

Microsoft Hololens

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Um I was pretty darned impressed when I saw this live during the E3 stream and was thinking the whole time oh they could make some kick ass games around this tech.

What do you think? Hard to believe just 30-35 yrs ago I was playing with an Atari 2600 and C64 and now we have this...

set
 set
(@set)
Senior Chief Registered

The small fov is  pretty limiting based on other videos I have watched. The headset might also end up being expensive. It's still pretty cool though. There's a lot of vr stuff coming out at the end of this year/ next year.

Microsoft has also teamed up with valve vr (vive) which is interesting.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/15/microsoft-valve-vr/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

You do bring up a good point about multiple VR offerings coming and it is a shame we just can't standardize one platform and everyone write for it. VR will be an easy decision for me in that whatever the platform that is the most compatible and successful with more than likely get my money. I don't know too many people that will buy multiple VR devices.

ReplyQuote
MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered

OMG! Now that is amazing! I was never sold on that Oculus stuff but this really floats my boat - looks to be actually what I need to bring VR into my day.

I'll be all over that like a rash come beta time! 😀

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

I can't believe it!  It's a dream! I dreamed something like this since i was a child!

The near future it's based on VR, holograms and augmented reality, the quest is only what kind of devices will conquer the mass market.

ReplyQuote