Notifications
Clear all

Miner Wars

ChillPenguin
(@chillpenguin)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

This game looks amazing, it's inspired by the classic 1995 game, Descent, and it's subsequent sequels. It's an indie game and it is slotted to come out in Summer 2011. Supposedly the game is coming out for both PC and Xbox 360. Check out the trailer:

http://www.minerwars.com/

LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

yeah here at SSC we are keeping a eye on it, might be good i loved Descent 2-3 😉

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

You know there is a Miner Wars forum area on SSC?

And I have been in the alpha since this past summer and unless the content starts flowing into MW2081 soon I don't think a summer release is possible. Because there is currently nothing to really do but fly, mine and dig in the game. There is a lot of work to be done on the actual single player experience.

ReplyQuote
BrianRubin
(@brianrubin)
Senior Chief Registered

I played it here and there, but it doesn't run on my (admittedly old) PC, so I'm waiting to upgrade before diving (heh heh) right in. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Rith
 Rith
(@rith)
Senior Chief Registered

I'm planning to get it for the XBox. I hope it's still going to be sold as an indie game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Well I believe that Miner Wars 2084 does now have some financial backing (investor) and they are working on a publisher. So I don't know about staying an 'indie' product. I think if they did I don't think Keen Software would be able to get the product out the door in a timely manor. But I could be wrong.

Not sure how far along they are on the xbox version of Miner Wars since the website focus is around the PC version mainly. I don't know much about cross-platform development but you would think that PC/Xbox development are similar in scope and would be easy to convert when the PC version is ready to go.

ReplyQuote
Rith
 Rith
(@rith)
Senior Chief Registered

Anyway, I hate waiting for it. It feels like it's right around the corner, yet so very far away.

ReplyQuote