Notifications
Clear all

Need help with D-Fend reloaded or dosbox

vanderner
(@vanderner)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

So I've been downloading games that needs dos to run, found out that these are both dos emulators to play the games we all love and cherish, here is my problem I'm not very good when it comes to computers I'm a huge gamer and love my games as much as the next man.

However I'm not very technically gifted when it comes to running such programs, I've been trying tinker with them but so far not managed to get any game work with it so I'm asking if any one would be kind enough to give me step by step instructions for a complete idiot to get it work.

I currently have windows xp with service pack 3. I tried last night for about 4 hours to get elite frontier to work but couldnt work it out. I'm sorry if there is simular post to this some one else, if there is can you kindly direct me to it? Rather than flaming me for being a newbie.

Thanks in advance from this novice 🙂

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I haven't used DosBox too much but the forums they have is pretty good I would do a search there or ask a question there I have had good luck there a few times with settings and configurations in getting some games to work in DosBox on my Win7 machine.

ReplyQuote
vanderner
(@vanderner)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

time to ask another daft question, where are there forums? I wasn't kidding when I said I'm useless at computers.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

If you have a copy of D-fend Reloaded click on the green add button, Ignore the first page just click next.

Where it say Program to be started click on the file selector on the right and navigate to where to the frontier files are.

When you are in the Frontier file click on the “MS-DOS Batch file”

Back in D-fend just click the ok button

Now click on the word Frontier and the game should load

There are other setting that can be set up but that should get the game up and running or you could always try an Amiga emulator instead of the PC one.

ReplyQuote