Notifications
Clear all

new Monkey Island

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

So another Monkey Island game, this time a direct sequel to MI2 and written by Ron himself.

Have to say I don't much care for the graphical look of the game.

Geraldine liked
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

This is nice. Although "Atlantis" will always be my favorite Lucasarts game Monkey Island was great too. I never really bothered with the ones after MI2 mainly because I always saw these as Amiga games. There are rumours this is a direct sequel to MI2 which if true, would suit me fine. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I believe it is a direct sequel to MI2, really like the look of the third game as it has a really good 2D animated look to the game and it a shame they went with the simple 3D graphics for the later games. 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Manic Mansion was always a fun game from this same studio. But I think I agree with you Pinback not sure what i think of the art style in that video. Guess we will need to see more than that small clip of the opening screen? 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

New gameplay trailer, still don't like the graphic look they have used, looks like a cheap 1970s cartoon.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Bit of a surprise but the game is out, was not expecting it till next year and I still don't like the look of it. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Now on GOG, still not crazy about the look of it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Picked this up in the Steam sale and I'm really enjoying the game but I'm still not taken with the cheap 1970s Hanna Barbera cartoon look of the game.

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote
Jackmie45
(@jackmie45)
Crewman Registered

I think this game serves as a direct sequel to MI2. I'm particularly fond of the third installment due to its fantastic 2D animated visual style. It's a bit disappointing that they opted for simpler 3D graphics in the subsequent games.

This post was modified 5 months ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote