Notifications
Clear all

New Nintendo Console

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Seems the speculation over the last week about Nintendos new console is true.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/116/1163764p1.html

Wonder if the other two will now jump or stay put with their consoles. ❓

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I think its time for another myself. Now that the novelty of motion controls have worn off the game companies will start to make cutting edge experiences for their audiences. I think the only console that may have an edge is MSoft with that Kinect. I have played with the Wii and the PS3 Move and both controls are OK. But really who wants to play any REAL game while standing or moving their arms or body around for hours on end. If Nintendo was smart I would hope they have Blu-ray technology and they make their console into a media streaming device and have backwards compatibility with current controllers and software.

I just hate the fact that the big three likes to abandon their previous game libraries on their newer consoles, real shame sometimes.

ReplyQuote
SuperG
(@superg)
Senior Chief Registered

MS abandoned there previous console wenn there nextgen came out. I would expect they do it again. But since they follow nintendo with there different Kinect they need a budged console. They old Xbox360 can stick with that role. Sony like to support there console for decades. Wii was cheap from the the start and runbehind from the start performnce wise.

And now wenn current gen console got old and run run lot behind Pc Wii is far far behind. So much more need for replacement. Espacialy wenn unit and game sales aren't that strong any more. The need for Nintendo to replace is there.

While move and kinect keep the need to replace low.

WiiU brings computing power wich is on par and even beyond current gen consoles. With A conventional game controler extendend with A screen so is like a DS wich uses TV as mainscreen.While Wii is aimd more at casual party fitness gamer.

With WiiU they attract hardcore crossplatform games so expect more of those game, because WiiU spect are more then enough to easy port to. So for devs n publishers a PC Xb2 PS3 WiiU is a nobrainer.

Also DS series of dualscreen play is supported by its dual screen play. And because it an use Wii motes and accesoirres it replaces Wii to.

So Wiiu Is Console aimd at DS style and Wiistyle and crossplatform and with that hardcore games.

WiiU is a lot more attractive for third party devs.

I don't like Nintendo IP. I got the Wii pure as a alternative party casual nongamer fitness console.

And for Wiimote specific sports and onrail shooters.

Wiiu sames more a nextgen that can compete with Xbox360 and Ps3 and even be a light nextgen

Also there seams hardcore third party games in production wich uses both screens and are by that native WiiU hardcore games.

I' am very interrested in this nextgen console

ReplyQuote
Cyrusblack
(@cyrusblack)
Petty Officer Registered

nintendo? call the white van and get them the fancy coats.

20110613.jpg

(source: http://fanboys-online.com/index.php?comic=359 )

ReplyQuote
lair360
(@lair360)
Petty Officer Registered

The new Wii 2 console looks klunky... who would want to hold that? All we need is a controller, TV and console with cables.

End OF & Have Fun!

ReplyQuote
bertipa
(@bertipa)
Senior Chief Registered

[disclaimer]

What we have here? A giant widescreen TV for the Strategic view and an lcd touchscreen controller for the empire management.

Network connections for multiplayer games will come out of the box and the market to spam your costumers with DLCs is up and running.

I rarely use the keyboard in 4X games, this confession clearly say that I'm not an extreme player but on the other hand it makes me a perfect target for the new Nintendo architecture.

Turn based play with simultaneous plotting and resolution of the turn should be quite doable here in both single and multiplayer configurations.

The full view of the stellar cluster where the game will be played will be breathtaking on an HD TV to not speak about the zoom toward the planet surface to see the effect of the bombardment who has just destroyed the main beanstalk of the enemy capital planet.

Using the Wii U lcd controller shield view to get specific informations on the map features and to pan and scan around while you keep the main view on the most important theater of a space war or the main TV screen to have all the information needed for the diplomatic interchange that is going on thought the controller.

The hardware is intriguing, the possibility endless and the market sizable.

Will we have a 4X TBS/RTS Grand Strategy Space game on the Wii U?

Only time will tell, real or turn after turn.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Would anyone ever make some thing like that for the consoles, I think there are few turn based games but I don’t think anyone have ever made a 4X game for a console. ❓

ReplyQuote
bertipa
(@bertipa)
Senior Chief Registered

Civilization Revolution?

ReplyQuote