Notifications
Clear all

Project Sylpheed

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I have yet to play this title since it isn't on the PC or PS3 ... hint hint. But it does look pretty decent plus its made by Square Enix so it might have some potential.

Most reviews have read that if you are looking for a Wing Commander style game to look else where.... what are your opinions?

starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Actually, I'm hard at work in convincing game arts intendant (I. Fukada) to consider making a PC port of project sylpheed (with a friendly modding tutorial aid, etc...), however, since he was unsure of the financial possibilities of this project he asked me to create a petition for this.

Should a few of you care to post votes (free of charge), I'll gladly post the link. think of it: it would mean one more sim for the PC. 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Please do post a like to a petition or create another post for it and I'll sign it for sure.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Ok, here you go. I can assure you that this one is 100% safe stuff, and were a lot of people will tell you that a petition is not effective, I'll tell you indeed, these people are right... unless the very person I wanted (I. Fukada from game arts) to give this to has it shoved under his nose every month or so. 😀

You can either vote using your forum name (a lot of people did this) or you can post a personal comment and your personnal name.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/psyl ... tures.html

enjoy, and remember: this might benefit all of us, so spread it anywhere you can.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Signed the petition and thanks for the link Starlord!

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Many thanks for one more vote. Just so you know, game arts said that as long as the 10.000 vote bar is gone through, game arts would seriously consider it, and now, the petition is more than 11.000 headstrong and is still going. 😉 This might mean great things!

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered

I absolutely LOVED this game. Do NOT, repeat DO NOT listen to the reviews on this one. I'll put it this way. I virtually never play a game after I've beaten it. 1 playthrough and that game is shelved for life. The only exceptions are Mass Effect, which I played through twice, and Project Sylpheed, which I'm actually working on playthrough 3 as we speak.

It's a combination of space sim shooter and anime. The story and cut scenes are great, even if stock and trade anime type stuff. But the great part is the gameplay. There are tons of upgrades and the better you perform during the stage, the more currency you have to buy new weapons. There are so many weapons that even by the end of the game, you're not going to own all the gear, which is the way it should be.

Another gameplay element that I love about this game are the massive ships you have to take on...and they seem to get bigger and bigger as you work through the game. Indeed, you'll spend most of your time taking on cruisers and battleships.

In addition, there were 3 new stages and a host of new weapons added as free DLC on the 360.

A PC port would be sweet, but this game was meant to be played with the 360 controller. You can pick up a used 360 for about $75 nowadays. This game's worth it alone imo.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Think I will keep an eye out for a copy on Flea Bay 😉

ReplyQuote