Notifications
Clear all

Red Dead Redemption

Page 1 / 3

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Rockstar Games might have a good game on there hands. Never been a fan of there GTA series. But RDR looks leaps and bounds better than the first one. Yeah the graphics are nice but I like how they made it a open concept game so you can do what you want instead of the scripted game like the first one.

Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered

Wow, looks like an RPG set to the old west. To my knowledge that has never been done, has it? Looks like a surefire winner.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Looks good.

Gun was set in the old west,anyone ever play it?.I really enjoyed playing the two Desperados games.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Red Dead Revolver tried to do it (the first game) but was really only a story you had to stick to you couldn't go off and do your own thing like in this one. I am really interested in this game and I actually really liked the video because they actually broke down what you can do in the game... hehe great concept.

I never played GUN I thought it was all action style game. I know my list is starting to fill up of the games I wanted to play White Knight Chronicles (Feb), Final Fantasy 13 (Mar), Red Dead Redemption (Apr). There is no way I could probably play all the way through WKC before Apr. So I guess I will have 3 games last me the year.

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

What, no Mass Effect 2? Right around the corner baby...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I still got play the first one. 😥

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

For chrissakes what you waiting for? You're missing out big time. It's the perfect blend of RPG and FPS I've ever played. That game has everything. Actually I envy you mate. I wish I'd never played it so I could play it for the first time. Counting the days til part 2.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I have to admit never played Mass Effect maybe I will when it hits bargain bin on the PS3. Too many Action/RPG's in my life but I love them... my wife doesn't because those games hook you for hours at a time.

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

Well I'm telling you, you guys picked the wrong game to skip. It's all the stuff we like. Science fiction, badass aliens, huge warships with alien technology, all kinds of weapons, vehicle, upgrades, an epic story, an awesome climax and boss battle at the end, & total control over what to do/where to go next. Damn...I think I just talked myself into playing through it again...for the 83rd time. :/

BTW it should be real cheap for PC by now.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I bought the game not long after it came out for the PC,but because I have been unable to conect that computer the

internet I cannot play the game because of the D.R.M the game uses which need an internet connection.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Shant what do you recommend to play it on Console or PC? If I see it on sale maybe i'll pick it up while I wait for one of my PS3 games to come out.

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

Well, it's only available on 360 or PC. Unless you've got a 360, your only option is PC. Me myself I will always go with console because it's so much more convenient and full proof. The good news however is, for you, the PC version's cheaper and more importantly it gets consistently higher ratings. Gamespot, for instance, ranks the 360 version 8.5, the PC version 9.0. This is what they said "Streamlined combat and numerous minor improvements make this great game even better."

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

PINBACK wrote:
I bought the game not long after it came out for the PC,but because I have been unable to conect that computer the

internet I cannot play the game because of the D.R.M the game uses which need an internet connection.

That drm thing pissed off a lot of people. Last I heard EA ditched it no? In any case, you should be able to download a noCD exe and get around that, I would think. You'd have no reason to feel guilty, as you've bought the game anyway.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Little more RDR

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

Darkone wrote:
Shant what do you recommend to play it on Console or PC? If I see it on sale maybe i'll pick it up while I wait for one of my PS3 games to come out.

Here check this out:

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/today-on- ... ag=nl.e573

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Nice video showing off the weapons and their death physics.

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

Hey d1, not to change the subject or anything, but have you heard about White Knight Chronicles? It's getting some lousy reviews. Looks like you have no choice but ME2 now. 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Playing WKC right now and don't think its that bad so far, online play is great and single player game seems good so far. I will post more on it later after i'm about 30hrs in or so.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I like idea about treasure maps in the game ,now that is cool 😎 😎

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I know. I am really liking this game and it has some nice action. I just hope the world is big enough to do lots of wandering in 🙂

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

No world's big enough for the dark one...right my friend? 😉

ReplyQuote
volrider
(@volrider)
Petty Officer Registered

This looks to be an awesome game. Hopefully, they will bring this to PC, and do a good job. But, this looks good enough I might even get it if it stays console.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Would be nice to see it on the PC, but not sure if it will be. I am looking forward to this because your reputation really impacts your gameplay. So you can be someone that helps the law or you can be absolutely ruthless 🙂

ReplyQuote
volrider
(@volrider)
Petty Officer Registered

Rockstar claims a release date of April 27th in the U.S., 30th in Europe.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I cannot wait for this game to be released, here is two good IGN articles on Red Dead Redemption:

The Revolution of Red Dead

Red Dead Redemption: Into the Wild

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3