Clear all

Red Dead Redemption

Page 2 / 3

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Check this new trailer out, it describes most of the locations

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/life-in-red-dead/63316 [/gametrailers]

ReplyQuote
Kendric
(@kendric)
Petty Officer Registered

ha, and I thought this website was all about spacegames,lol.

This game looks amazing, will it be on the PC too?

/Ken

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
Kendric wrote:
ha, and I thought this website was all about spacegames,lol.

This is in the general area so you can talk about anything in these sub-forums. But how can you not like this game it looks like it provides a heck of a environment to have fun in. I believe RockStar Games is only releasing this title on the Xbox360 and PS3. It might change if they sell a bunch of copies we'll have to see.

I would love to see this hit the PC because I think modding this game would be awesome.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Game just keeps getting better and better 🙂

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-life-red-dead/63988 [/gametrailers]

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered

I am so excited about this game I went out and got Call of Juarez (more of an action game. With only 2 'open' world parts.) But it was a good taste of the west.

Personally, I love everything Ive seen in the videos. The gunplay looks downright BRUTAL. Not to mention the sandbox style (Wanna save your wife, go right ahead, wanna bounty hunt? How about making a living as a hunter?)

This is pretty much my dream game so far.

That is also my favorite video btw, thanks for that Dark! Hadn't seen Pt2, and it pretty much highlights everything I look forward to in the game. (Random stuff, lots of violence, dynamic gameplay, open endedness... should I go on?)

😀

'Fraid I'm trading my starship in for a horse this year.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Haha, I know IronHound I will be there day one to get this for the PS3. The open world sandbox game play is really the big reason I love the game. The fact you can make decisions on every little thing and they have consequences is just awesome. It's going to be fun to just go out in the wilderness and do some hunting.

I really do hope RockStar Games makes some nice DLC like expanding the game by adding new areas that will just be great.

The game is going to have a multi-player element to it but I don't think it will have any type of MMO style play where people are everywhere.

Quote:
'Fraid I'm trading my starship in for a horse this year.

Speaking of horses, you see the definition and muscle movements on the horses when they are moving. A+ job for the animators on that.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)

Speaking if Multiplayer, if you check the official site, it has a greyed out area for multiplayer, but also, someone found this

Quote:
Read Dead Redemption has an extensive multiplayer mode. Instead of a lobby, it begins with a free-roaming multiplayer mode where players can run freely through the game world. They can form gangs with other players they meet there, and this transition can be computer controlled bandits.

The idea of bandit gangs duking it out sounds AWESOME. Not sure about the source however...

Also Dark, those skies look AMAZING. Which will really help when riding from town to town. 🙂

I love that you can take your bounty alive for more cash, gives more of a challenge, and gives me alternatives to shooting yet another poor bandit. I think this game has an absurd amount of 'little touches' that will definatly add to the overall game. Like you mentioned, seeing the horse muscles? Rediculous. Seeing a man get shot, reel backwards, and then topple down the stairs... oh man.. Not to mention the variety of guns (Thinking of using a revolver and a rifle myself.) Or the 'random encounters' on the road, or when entering a town.

If you read Game Informer (Sorry, can't find a source yet.) The author of the preview article talked about how he got sick of doing missions, and rode to another town. He beat up a random townie simply for looking at him funny. Then he went to the bar to see what alcohol did.A couple minutes later, that SAME townie barged into the bar with a shotgun.

That's what got me hooked on the game. Consequences.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
IronHound wrote:
If you read Game Informer (Sorry, can't find a source yet.) The author of the preview article talked about how he got sick of doing missions, and rode to another town. He beat up a random townie simply for looking at him funny. Then he went to the bar to see what alcohol did.A couple minutes later, that SAME townie barged into the bar with a shotgun.

That right there is what I love about games your decisions matter and have consequences on your gameplay. And people view you different because of what you wear and your rep follows you from place to place. Do this right RockStar Games please!

IronHound wrote:
The idea of bandit gangs duking it out sounds AWESOME. Not sure about the source however...

As long as my single player gameplay isn't effected to much by multiplayer game play I will be totally fine with it. I think they should keep it a bit separate for the people that like the good story and building the rep. They could really make multi-player really fun in this game with different options available for gangs like taking on a town.

The 'little touches' is what I can't wait to play with. Like picking a fight or intimidating someone enough to have them back off and run in fear. Will enjoy playing both the famous merc and the ruthless villain.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

The multi-player trailer.... looking very good here. This seems like a must buy for anyone, the large world and all the content seems great so far from all these videos and if RockStar does it right they could really add some great DLC to the game after the release.

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gameplay-series-red-dead/64250 [/gametrailers]

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)

DLC... 😕

Besides items, costumes, and other player equipment, I for the life of me, cannot imagine what ELSE they could add to the game.

SO much content....

Rockstar, I'll even forgive you pushing the game back a month if its even HALF as good as all these videos look. My first act in game will be to completely ignore the main storyline, and at the first town I find, shoot the sheriff, and barricade myself in a building and take on the whole town. 😀 My second act will to be quit, go into MP, and form a posse in free-roam mode.

This game is gonna rule.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I can IronHound.... make it bigger add a few more destinations. 🙂

But just making a wealth of missions and having the reputation system work flawless will be amazing. That MP demo was great and you could get into stuff like that its not the normal PVP in most games.

But I can't wait to see the little things like the sound effects of the wild life, the weather, the way the animals move, the way the NPCs react to you.

IronHound do you have a PS3?

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)

lol, I was thinking, if each area is 3 times the size of all of Liberty City (GTA IV. One of the developers mentioned it in a review.) then how much space is this thing gonna take up in my 250g drive? Its gotta be MASSIVE in game terms.

Oh, and no, I have an Xbox 360. Which brings to mind another thing Ive been wanting for years. If the game is cross-platform, then darnit, so should the multiplayer. We already have cross platform PC and Xbox. (Shadowrun.) Darned corporate rivalries. 😛

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

More Multiplayer glory....

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gameplay-series-red-dead/64784 [/gametrailers]

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Revolution Trailer

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-revolution-red-dead/65299 [/gametrailers]

ReplyQuote
Neagoth
(@neagoth)
Senior Chief Registered

Its' looking great and less than a week to go, its gonna be epic 😀

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I know and of course bad luck would hit me.... my PS3 died about a week ago. Will have to pick up another one soon. Just going to wait until June when hopefully that new PS3 with the 40nm chips come out. But when I do buy my next PS3 this will be bought at the same time. I might even pre-order it from best-buy to get that war horse pre-order bonus.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)

Later today, the game is released. Any and all space sims, and gaming in general is getting put on hold. It was nice knowing you guys! 😛

I am so happy the wait is over. My 360 has been slowly gathering dust.

Have a good one all. 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I have to wait until I replace my PS3 to play this 🙁 Iron Hound please do give your thoughts on how you liked the game after you played it a bit. I want to see if it is living up to the hype 🙂

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)

Oh man. I dunno how to respond DarkOne. Been playing for a good six hours. (with breaks of course.) Now, I JUST got access to stage two DeadEye (There are three 'stages' with the first just being slow mo, the second being slow mo, and you can drag the cursor across enemies creating shots, and the third you can define the shots yourself in slow mo.) Also, you start out in 'New Austin' Which has maybe four cities? Ive only been to two, and this area (which is MASSIVE btw.) is FILLED with stuff to do. I'm making a fair buck doing the main storyline and bounty hunting missions. Hunting is alot of fun as well. The side quests are over the top. Alot of fun. Basically, I would like to give an impression, but I really don't feel that at Six Hours I've even scratched the surface of the game. For instance, I've only found ONE other pistol, and ONE other rifle. Not that it matters, the gunplay is so visceral. Its much more enjoyable then the GTA system.

Now, I consider myself to be a HUGE sandbox fan. From Oolite to The Elder Scrolls series to the fallout games. (Oblivion, etc. etc.) This is by far the finest sandbox game I have ever played. The random system in the wilderness? Works like a charm. For instance, a man invited me to stop for a bit, and share a bite at his camp. Then I noticed a lady tied up nearby... and ... bones all around his camp. Then he tried to kill me.

Multiplayer is ok I guess. I havn't put much time into it due to internet issues. I did play around with the free-roam, and while with friends, I'm sure its a blast, with strangers who don't know what they are doing? Bleck. I never did see a server with more then six players. (probably because the game came out today... but still. :P)

Lets see what else?

OH! Despite combat being FREAKISHLY awesome. Its waaaay too easy. I havn't found a difficulty setting, but the regular bandits are very slow, and your reflexes are much quicker. That being said, the law can give just as well as it can take. Its hard to explain, but basically the cover system, and deadeye, make it pretty fights fun, but hardly hard. I can't decide if that's good or bad. I hardly feel like I'm in any real danger.

Just some thoughts. But seriousley, if you like sandbox games, you need to get this. It surpasses GTA and all the others. The graphics are ... amazing. I wish I could describe them to you guys. The vids and photos don't do it justice. I hope you get your PS3 Fixed Darkone! You are certainly missing out. Although, the wait may help, as they already announced Co-op DLC for the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Wow thats a huge compliment to be compared to the openness of Oblivion and Fallout 3. I read some reviews about the random encounters in the game and that sounds great. Yeah the DLC comes in June and all the early reviews are giving it 5/5 or 95%+ ratings. So Rockstar has a new game in town and hope it is a huge success for them.

Waiting for the new cech-2101x models of the PS3, they are out just hard to find right now. They have the new 40nm chips inside. This game will definitely be purchased at the same time and the PS3 version has some extra stuff included I read.

If all the bandits are easy right now probably because you have just started your adventures if you only have some basic weapons still. I think someone is going to have some late evenings for the next week 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I here there’s some funny bugs in the game. 😆 😆

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I'll check the video out when I get home and maybe when I get my new PS3 and RDR that all bugs will be fixed. Looks like Ironhound is off the grid and in the old west for a while 🙂

My general thoughts on console games is that they all have them for the most part since console games really don't have open betas, its simple enough to patch the game nowadays. But they better be little bugs and no game effecting bugs that you cannot get around.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)

😀

Well, I beat the game. Good stuff. I'd say I clocked around 22-25 hours total. I pretty much powerplayed however, with little to no exploration, and I only did the 'important side-quests' I believe I saw most of the random events, and they where quite fun.

Without spoiling anything, I will say that the ending will catch you out of nowhere. Well, it did for me anyway. Good 'ol classic western ending. I was impressed.

I havn't played in a few days. Once you beat it, I really felt I experienced everything the game had to offer. Got the strangest itch to play Vendetta Online, so I popped in here and decided to look about.

Oh, and multiplayer is a bit bunk. Its due to the community, but basically, you spawn, and everyone is trying to kill everyone. ONly ONCE in my playtime did I find a good big posse running around taking over towns and such. Mostly its just a big deathmatch. Which is fine. Just be aware before you jump in. I found it better to just invite my friends and go around kicking absolute NPC lawman butt.

So yes, great game. I did feel that I got more gameplay out of Oblivion however. Once you get on a roll, the missions go pretty quick.

My advice?

Make it a rental Darkone, see if you really like the game. I'm confident anyone with a good solid chunk of playtime before bed could beat it in a week. Its still one of the finest games I have ever played, but its always a good idea to rent in the consoles case. Try before you buy and all that.

^_^

*EDIT* Oh! and yes, the game has some quirky graphical glitches. R* has promised to fix 'em with patches and such, but you'll notice textures loading a bit slow in cutscenes, and some strange graphical behavior. Perfectly acceptable considering the rediculously awesome graphics.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

You have to watch this movie made from the game. It is really good.

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-red-dead/101029 [/gametrailers]

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I want this game I want this game,god I wish Rockstar would make a space sim.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3