Clear all

Skyjacker - GTA and Free space/Wing Commander Had a baby

HeadClot
(@headclot)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitilus/al-skyjacker

WHAT IS SKYJACKER?

Skyjacker is a first-person free-roaming space combat game with unique features rarely - or never - seen in other space games to date.

[*:11ppcoar]Travel from the surface of a planet to the tunnels and bays of orbital space stations, with no transitions or cuts in between.

[*:11ppcoar]Bump space hulks and asteroids into collision courses with your enemies and watch the pretty fireworks.

[*:11ppcoar]Disable and destroy component parts of a ship. Cargo ship's getting away? Slow it down with some neighborly torpedoes to the engine.

[*:11ppcoar]Salvage the parts you didn't destroy and mount them on your own ship. Add insult to injury - rip enemies apart with their own guns!

[*:11ppcoar]Swap out engine parts to change the behavior of your ship - play it like an arcade game, like a classic space game, or with full inertia and momentum.

[*:11ppcoar]And all this in professional graphics and gameplay.

[*:11ppcoar]These aren't idle dreams - we've already done it. We just need to polish it up.

THE GAME

Skyjacker is based on the "Abyss Lights" book series written by our project lead, Eugene Zhukov. The player is the lone human in a galaxy of conflict - abducted by aliens, raised by pirates, wanted by privateers and mercenaries alike. You start on the bottom of the Pirate Stock Exchange and work your way up to the top, not by deliveries and fetch-quests, but through brutal missions like assassinations, sabotage, kidnapping, robberies, infiltrations and extractions.

DEMO ME!

What you're about to experience is an alpha build of the game, a prototype. THIS IS NOT A POLISHED END PRODUCT! It's going to be buggy, it's going to have placeholders, and it's going to crash. Here are some responses up front:

• There will be several color schemes available for the HUD and in-game menus.
  • The voices you hear are the developers and are very much temporary, there to make sure voices work and offer the right "feel". Professional voice actors are another thing Kickstarter will be paying for!
  • Inverse flight controls are disabled in the current demo, but will be enabled in the final version of the game. Same goes for the chase cam and third-person views.
  • If you just can't get it running, let us know and we'll try to sort it out.

HERE is a list of links to download the demo.

Enjoy!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitilus/al-skyjacker

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I hope everyone gets on this Kickstarter because I truly believe this game will be the closest we get to a FS/WC game for quite some time. And I am sure Digitilus will support this title after release and maybe we will get some content patches or DLC as well.

ReplyQuote
HeadClot
(@headclot)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

I know that they want to release a mission editor and possibly mod tools.

I also know that when the are done with the base game they are doing an expansion pack which is listed on their kick starter rewards.

ReplyQuote