Notifications
Clear all

So what is Lord British planning?

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

So came across this in the news and it is a website with a countdown timer.....?

http://www.lordbritishpresents.com/

Hmmm wonder what the announcement will be? With so many old gaming developers getting back to their roots and making some AAA titles, maybe just maybe Lord British is going to make some sort of Ultima game? If the font used on the site tells me anything it will be some sort of adventure game at the least, I kinda hope its an epic standalone single player game that will rival Skyrim.

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Hmmm, I have no idea what it is but by the graphics on that page I'd say it's some sort of not-so-crazy-on-the-graphics browser MMO.

ReplyQuote
Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered

I'm quite curious. But another browser MMO seems like a bit ... unfilfilling.

ReplyQuote
lionheart
(@lionheart)
Petty Officer Registered

I'm quite curious. But another browser MMO seems like a bit ... unfilfilling.

Yeah, if he pulls that as the big reveal I'm fairly sure angry RPG fans will hunt him down, hopefully it's something genuinely interesting, it would be cool to see if he can do something innovative without the shackles of a publisher.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Subscribed, could it be a new Ultima?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Crowdfunding for a new game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Anything less than a legit Ultima game will be a let down for me unless it is a new IP but it would need to be adventure based and yes I agree no browser games.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

So it is an RPG and it's on Kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0?ref=live

Wants a million and probably will get it.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Well, I'm really not into RPGs to be honest, but it sounds like a cool project, so I hope he does get funded.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Funded, this thing will go to the moon. It's already 25% complete and the first day isn't done yet 🙂

I am excited for this it will be great to have all the aspects of the Ultima games in a new engine, the top down maps looked great I cannot watch the videos just yet until I get home, but I will yet again fund another kickstarter this evening. Says possible alpha at the end of this year.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Half way their in two days.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I just wish Lord British would just re-release all of the original Ultima's in a package that could run on today's machines, instead of having to use dosbox.

Not sure if I will purchase this right away, they are talking about physical maps and things like that and that is what I want but I don't want to pay the premium price they want for it. Maybe a box copy will have this in it, ya think?

ReplyQuote