Notifications
Clear all

Space Pirates From Tomorrow for xbox 360

Page 2 / 2

DrMistry
(@drmistry)
Petty Officer Registered

Funny you should say that...we're just starting testing on an update which adds a local Y-Invert to the game options in addition to respecting the players profile setting. Local setting overrides profile so you can set it independently 🙂

Wassup with the nebula pics - do we need more/less/some different ones? I own quite a large telescope so I can always bag more, weather permitting 🙂

BTW we're running a compo on our website this evening ( http://www.mstargames.co.uk/ ) for anyone who wants to try and win a free copy! I know I said I'd run one here but things are getting a teeny bit out of hand and She Who Must Be Obayed is insisting that we only run giveaways on our own site 🙁

Any more feedback is greatfully recieved!

Best regards,

Mike

ReplyQuote
DrMistry
(@drmistry)
Petty Officer Registered

Right OK I see what you mean. I actually preferred the game with no background at all too, but the testers really REALLY kept going on about it. I've got to start prioritising what's going in to this update since we're also being asked for a colourblind option, but we'll certainly keep it in mind. Every UI change we make has quite a large impact on the way the game "feels" so I'm not promising anything, but we will think about it. Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

Mike

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Just been having a look on mstar web site,they say they had to remove the game from xbox live due to an unacceptably large number of crash reports but hope to be back up in 3 weeks.

http://www.mstargames.co.uk/

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

I can't seem to find Space Pirates on the Xbox Marketplace anywhere. Looked under Indie games and arcade games with no joy... Any ideas?

Nevermind, Just saw PINBACKs post 🙂

ReplyQuote
GUNSMIF
(@gunsmif)
Senior Chief Registered

cant beleve i missed out only managed to download the demo on x.b live!heres hoping for a easy job for the mstar lads and a swift return so i can finaly see it in all its glory!! 🙂

ReplyQuote
DrMistry
(@drmistry)
Petty Officer Registered

Hi guys,

Yep, the bad news is that we had to pull the game. We're still trying to work out where and why the game was crashing - both the "production" version that was available for download AND our local "development" version are rock solid, and the testers who put the game through it's paces for release testing are as mysified as we are. None of the reported crashes were seen at any point during testing so we're talking to The Powers That Be to see if the game package was corrupted during distribution to the LIVE servers.

We're really sorry that this has happened, I know a lot of you were keen to have a look at the game and believe me we were keen for you to see it! I'm actually playing the release build at the moment as I type, and in 2 hours of gameplay not one single glitch has been seen, let alone a crash. When we have some answers I'll pass them on. In the meantime, if anyone here downloaded the game and are experiencing any errors (the game exited with an error CODE 4 for example) PLEASE let me know - we want to nail these bugs as soon as possible and get the game back up.

Sorry again,

Mike

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

DrMistry

What doesn't make sense is that all Xbox hardware is generally identical, how could some people see errors and others not? It's not like the PC where peoples hardware and software are all different. I know on the PS3 firmware updates are forced generally to make sure everyone is on the same stuff to prevent this from happening. Hope you find the bug soon.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

i'm not a consolero (at least since PS1 i haven't bought a new one, before i was a explicit console gamer, since intellivision).

one big advantage of consoles; no big setup/installing, no mismatching hardware, no disturbing background running progs (like sheduler starts while you are in a very fast racing sim and everything starts to tatter, someone should really get the lowlevel from the PC drives, no real multitask so far, overaged really, waving-machines-controller-feed-by-papertape), engine and software is compliant and get's most out of the machine. this sounds unbelieveable, tooked away because of too many bugs.

could we imagine that some might have dodged you out, by replying lots of bugs/errors to x box live?

but why should someone do something like that; fun?, revenge?, or simply greed?

the web could be sometimes a place for conspiracies, like some events/competitions when depends on the votings of users, a large group of users could have a pos/neg influence to the result (you never win a competition against students, they vote all for thereselves, except you have 1001 friends).

hey, you will know what was happening when microsoft releases a game similar to your's on x-box, before you get your's back to the board 😈 (remember "payola" in the 50's). cool thing, they don't have to had their own ideas they can steal it from their community (i don't trust gates@all, he really never had his own ideas).

ReplyQuote
GUNSMIF
(@gunsmif)
Senior Chief Registered

any news rumors about space pirates return??? and if your reading Dr.Mistry, how come you have put soooo much effort into making the game and then use that pretty drab/uncool cover for the game?? no offense but it lets it down a tad!! 🙄 if you wanna make it stand out from all other indie games how about a new (cooler) cover thingy on the re-revised version. you should never judge a book by its cover but the console jockeys certainly will. its not a big deal but if it gets a few hundred more button clicks because it looks cool and outstanding from the rest of the bad covers you might get quite a few more downloads i.e £££ going on!!! 😉 ;). after going on about S.P.F.T to my mate (who`s not a big spacer) and finally showing him the demo first thing he did was snigger at the game cover pic, to which i nearly swung for him over (even though i kinda had the same opinion). 1st impressions and all that seeing as tho its aimed at the console market.

just an idea for you. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

DrMistry has put an interesting post mortem up on his site about s.p.f.t,looks like the

game back up as well,so if you have an xbox,you know where to go. 😀

http://www.mstargames.co.uk/mistryblogt ... ortem.html

ReplyQuote
GUNSMIF
(@gunsmif)
Senior Chief Registered

Nicley PINBACK thanks...ive boycotted the 360 of late just using it as a movie player lol. Didnt even realize my xb live account had expired, used to love it aswell but all this PC gaming malarky as took over!!! space games..ahhhhhh :D. the man has put a lot of effort into the game though so gonna get it and take it for a spin.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered

Anybody tried the latest version of this? I'm not sure what the features are or whatnot? I'd be happy with an elite-a-like. Something where I can just turn on the 360 and get to shooting/trading.

Is it stable?

*EDIT*

Nevermind, will give it a good playthough over the next coming days.

*EDIT 2*

Uhm, what? Freaking Peggle doesn't require the internet, why should this game? I downloaded it, and apparently it wont run without the internet, so I'll have to move the entire system just to get it hooked up. Pretty peeved. That is just plain stupid. I don't care what game it is, you shouldn't require an internet connection to PLAY THE GAME. If I wanted that, I'd play WOW.

Not off to a good start, will try tomarrow or the next day.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
IronHound wrote:

Uhm, what? Freaking Peggle doesn't require the internet, why should this game? I downloaded it, and apparently it wont run without the internet, so I'll have to move the entire system just to get it hooked up. Pretty peeved. That is just plain stupid. I don't care what game it is, you shouldn't require an internet connection to PLAY THE GAME. If I wanted that, I'd play WOW.

I think I read that is a policy of microsoft for indie games on the 360.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

That's lame that some games need to have internet access. Granted i have mine plugged up all the time and the only thing you wouldn't be able to do on the PSN games is get highscore table updates and any news updates on the games. I have a few that it is a requirement but you know that already because they are fully online games you can only play with others and not solo.

Anyone have/play this game can give a nice breakdown of it?

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)

😕

Yeah, it was just really irritating. Mainly because the 360 requires a $100 adapter to become 'wireless' and I'd rather not have numerous ethernet cables running around the house.

In my research I stumbled across a manual, and what looks to be a description of all the ships.

140dh0w.jpg

The only other thing I know is that, it is Y to dock, and not flying into a dock yourself. Also of note, while there is a HUGE amount of upgrades, you are stuck with the starter ship. (I believe it to be the MIDI Frieghter on the picture above.)

I havn't actually started the game yet, and have to re-setup my shiney new 360 before I can. Once I do, I will give it a good playtest, and hopefully put up my first official review.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

ironhound does the 360 have youtube or screenshot abilities? I know the PS3 has integrated youtube capture abilities in a lot of its PSN games. Would be nice to a video or some screenshots with that review. Granted I have taken pictures with my camera against my LCD tv and they came out very well so that could be an option too.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)

A very good question Darkone. I actually just got my 360 several days ago, and am completely new to the experience. If not, I do have a camera with video recording, and would be glad to do a video along with the review. I will ask for a bit of time, as I want to get a good, solid idea of what the game is before I write such a review. I have played for maybe half an hour, and thought I would share my ideas on the game with anybody who is interested.

Ok, so the base price is 240 Microsoft Points, which equates to about $3-$4 as far as I can tell. Now, I'm going to base my first comparison off of a game called Oolite, or Elite if you have played that. Why? Because they are VERY similair.

Now, lets do a run down of the basic features of the game.

+ 1 Player Ship.

+ Automatic Docking. (Press Y when in range of the station.)

+ About six or so planets in the system, with a dozen or so ships flying about. (no landing on planets.)

+ When docked, you get a main screen, with several tabs, like 'Market' 'Status' etc. etc. (Very Oolite style. No visuals of the station, just a screen with stats.)

+ As well as cargo, some enemy ships drop powerups, which can do everything to boosting your ships shields/weapons to teleporting cargo into your hold.

+ Dynamic mission system. Infinite number of randomized missions, with better ones being given based on how you deliver/kill/assault the base, etc.

+Dynamic Economy. (Prices fluctuate as far as I can tell.)

+Police patrolling the system, who will help in combat. (or attack you, you sneaking pirate you.)

+Diverse HUD, with enemy locking and tracking during combat.

+ Missle system (up to 4)

+ Mining Probes who can mine asteroids for you.

+ No 'cockpit' has an elite style HUD.

+ Email system (with a nod to ELITE in the first email, detailing your uncle 'Cmdr. Jameson' dying and leaving you his ship.) as well as random junkmail.... or people contacting you with job info. (havn't seen ingame myself, but read about it.)

+ FANTASTIC tutorial, very short, and outlines everything you need to know. As well, as your ship handbook, which you can access at anytime.

+Dozens of upgrades for your ship. (3 categories of 'laser' from beginner, to combat, to military.)

+Thousands of systems. Literally, you can pan out and see literally dozens of stars filling the screen, and then you go to the 'galaxy' map, and see about a hundred galaxys, each filled with systems.

+Systems work much like Oolite/Elite. Various tech levels, with Agricultural selling to Industrial and so on. No flavor text on systems, as it seems to be randomly generated.

+1 station per system? Its hard to tell, I havn't left the first one quite yet.

+Various types of enemy and ally ships. Making for diverse firefights.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. If it says anything, I have Assasins Creed, Mass Effect, Wolfenstien, COD MW2 and several other games to play through, and this game scratches my Space itch. Sometimes, you just want to fly a few trade runs before lunch, and this game does it ADMIRABLY. I won't put up an official review for a week at best, but I would like to give people a heads up on the features of the game. If anybody has any questions, shoot them my way. I'll be glad to help.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

How on earth am I going to buy it? I can't find the indy channel on my account (Gold based on Ireland, because Greece is not oficcialy supported by XBOX Live), and I cannot buy it at the international site, on my PC. Any suggestions?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2