Notifications
Clear all

The new Star trek game

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Sure I posted something about this last year but can find the thread, anyhow here a interview from E3 showing some of the gameplay.

Looks like a 3rd person shooter, really like the idea of having the Gorn as the bad guys icon_cool.gif

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Yeah I have been watching this game from time to time and it looks great as long as you can really feel like you are playing as Kirk or Spock.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like there will be some EVA combat in the game, might even get to fly the enterprise around.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Interesting bit of news from RPS speculation on the possibility of walking around the enterprise.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/13/stark-trek-to-feature-ship-from-star-trek/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I like the fact that there will be some combat on the ship, but maybe even some interaction with the ship like in the Mass Effect games where you can explore all areas of your ship. Just being able to interact with crewmates and lower officers would be nice, if they were smart they take a page from BioWare and make the ship crew interactions good and indepth to satisfy the trekkies 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like we will be able to pilot the Enterprise and walk around it.

Hype machine moving on this one let hope it not another colonial marines.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

I'm really starting to love this game, afterall, it looks like it's a Mass Effect copy, which is good  ðŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Game out now in the US, rest of have to wait

Think I will be getting this but I am going to wait as I have become fed up of being burned with the so called AAA games on the PC .

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

It does look good, I hope it wasn't rushed to make sure it was out at the same time the movie was coming. Never, never rush a game it will come back to bite you. Within days there will be plenty of reviews on YouTube, which I almost always watch one video of a game i'm about to buy.

ReplyQuote
celticfang
(@celticfang)
Senior Chief Registered

And they've been faking their Metacritic reviews. Very classy. I was thinking of buying it but nope.

Let's see, Co op doesn't work. Invisible ledges on areas so Kirk's hanging in mid air. Dull gameplay, no collision detection in some areas, laggy controls. (And that's from just watching an LP and reading the forums)

I'll pass thanks, gonna wait for it to be on sale for $10 or $20.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

It's out already ?! Oh man I can't wait to get my hands on it and play it. Hopefully by that time they'll release a quick patch to fix these bugs you mentioned.

ReplyQuote
celticfang
(@celticfang)
Senior Chief Registered

I'd hold off on it though, instead go grab something like FTL or the older Star Trek games, those at least work out of the box and had actual people working on them with ethics.

Yes, I'm bitter about the devs basically BSing through their teeth about how the co op works (No it doesn't), they got high reviews (that they wrote), that the game is mostly bug free (Nope, then why is Kirk grabbing onto nothing and in a ladder climbing animation? Why can I walk through solid objects and walls?), I'm just disappointed. Can't somebody make a good Star Trek game that isn't screwed over?

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Well mate, this may be a bit off-topic, but can you suggest some good Star Trek related games, both FPS and other types ? Because I really feel like playing a lot of Star Trek games now but I don't have any experience in this "field" so I know of no good ones. I remember I shortly played a ST game many years ago, it was inside a ship and I was going through the corridors trying to figure out what caused an explosion in the engineering room I think, also I think it had elements of controlling ships in fights etc. The ship had the classic ST TNG design style for interiors. You got any idea how that game could be named ?

ReplyQuote
celticfang
(@celticfang)
Senior Chief Registered

That was probably Voygaer: Elite Force 1. The second isn't bad either, both being FPSes, Elite Force 1 had an addon where you could explore Voyager.

Then you got the old (and great) DOS games, 25th Anniversary, Judgement Rites and if you're into ship management and Trekking a la episodes with diploacy Bridge Commander too

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Second that it sounds like one of the Voyager games.

Think the two point and click games are the best startrek games made, worth hunting out the talkie ones as they add so much atmosphere to the games.

Think I will still be getting this new one when the price drops.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Hey guys

I just got around to playing this game (and i finished it) and I have to say it is much better than I was expecting !

Bad:

- the controls are really bad at times, but ok for most part (referring to the "parkour" controls, cause the shooting is ok)

- a few really minor bugs (a couple of invisible walls)

Good:

- stunning graphics and level designs

- great type of gameplay, mass effect style 

- cool missions and storyline

Overall, I loved it and if you have some spare time I recommend you play it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Bought this last year on the 360 but have just got around to playing it, definitely agree that the controls are bad but the story is pretty good although I have found the game play to be a bit too much of 3rd person cover shooter.

ReplyQuote