Notifications
Clear all

totalbiscuit has terminal cancer

robske
(@robske)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snlj3r

I'm saddened to hear this and will miss him.

Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered

bugger     🙁

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I wish him the best in this fight.

ReplyQuote
Phaserlight
(@phaserlight)
Master Chief Registered

Cancer has touched several people in my life and it sucks.

All the best to TB.

ReplyQuote
Vilehead
(@dronelocker)
Senior Chief Registered

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snlj3r

I'm saddened to hear this and will miss him.

Don't talk like he is dead already >_> He is still alive and kicking. And he CAN win this battle. Just like he did before. Mindset is 60% of getting rid of cancer. And you can sharpen your knifes collection with his willpower.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Yes its good to read that TB is going to fight until he can't anymore. Because you do never know what science will come up with in a few short years, I wonder if a liver transplant would be a remedy for this issue? It still amazes me how a small virus/bacteria/organism can wreck havoc on our bodies and possibly kill us. All we can do is live life everyday, I hope TB gets better and will see more of him online in the future.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Looks like TotalBiscuit is stopping all social media posting but will continue doing reviews.

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/691420152718626816

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

To be honest, I admire him for doing that.

My personal TB experience won't change due to this. I usually just watched his youtube vids and generally i've liked them.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Yeah, I could see how getting negative comments thrown at you a lot could bring you down. It's really a shame that people result to that, because if I do a review its my personal opinion that I am giving and no one elses. So it is there for you to think about and compare to your own thoughts on a game. For people to say negative and hurtful things about someone that may be saving you money if you buy a crap game is crazy, all of these game reviewers they are providing an opinion if you don't like it, buy the game and play it yourself or don't watch their videos any more. 🙂

I hope he can kick this cancer, it is rough seeing someone so young getting this disease.

ReplyQuote
Vilehead
(@dronelocker)
Senior Chief Registered

Yeah, I could see how getting negative comments thrown at you a lot could bring you down. It's really a shame that people result to that, because if I do a review its my personal opinion that I am giving and no one elses. So it is there for you to think about and compare to your own thoughts on a game. For people to say negative and hurtful things about someone that may be saving you money if you buy a crap game is crazy, all of these game reviewers they are providing an opinion if you don't like it, buy the game and play it yourself or don't watch their videos any more. 🙂

I hope he can kick this cancer, it is rough seeing someone so young getting this disease.

I was a lot younger when I got diagnosed with my. Cancer is the Death of 21s century. I must say that him - getting distant from all the feedback is the best thing he could do. Why? It has been scientificly proven that cancer, like no other illness, is very affective by your mood, by will power, by your mind. All that regressions your keep hearing about, people with terminal cancer - who live for decades - its exactly that. Endless will and urge.... to live. To remain alive. Medicine estimates that at least 60% chance for a full recovery from cancer is in your head. In you mind. In your desperate demand - to LIVE. So all and any negativity - is counter productive. Decreases the chances, cripple the odds. John, by cutting his ties with the comunity - is actually saving his own life. I hold my thumbs for his case. I would have a hole tear off my heart if anything would happend to him. I know he is a total stranger. But he is also a valuable, worthy human being. A human being that we don't have a lot nowadays. I refuse to think he will die. Just, freaking, NO.

ReplyQuote