Notifications
Clear all

Completed Pioneer Models

Page 19 / 25

Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

nonetheless 😉

i had to use rapidshare 🙁 for the complete models update, because due to whatever i can't upload more as 4 7zip partfiles (7z.005 refuses to upload).

you can get the models_p66_12-05-08 from rapidshare here:

models_p66_12-05-08.zip

it comes with no warranty but will work in a alpha21 build for sure.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

I got a "Download parameters invalid - please try again later." message from rapidshare. I'll try again later. 🙄 I really like that landing gear retraction on the Shift, and finally got a good look at a Gelios. Wow, that looks like organic technology or someone domesticated a giant space bird into a pack animal! I see now what you mean by variable geometry.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

let's see if 7zip can unpack it when i change the filename, it refuses to upload because of the unknown extension ".005", while ".001" to ".004" was ok.

edit: i trie to zip the 7z.00n that will work, why i didn't had this idea before?

right, you can download it from here as 7zip partfiles, ".005" and ".006" have to be unzipped first before you can extract all.

http://spacesimcentral.com/downloads/Pi ... -08.7z.001

http://spacesimcentral.com/downloads/Pi ... -08.7z.002

http://spacesimcentral.com/downloads/Pi ... -08.7z.003

http://spacesimcentral.com/downloads/Pi ... -08.7z.004

http://spacesimcentral.com/downloads/Pi ... 7z.005.zip

http://spacesimcentral.com/downloads/Pi ... 7z.006.zip

marcel, note that the scanner sub-models have changed a bit. all types are still available, i only removed the CCW rotating ones.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

done this by request from "Vuzz", this is the first proofed of my models for alpha22

[attachment=1192:Bildschirmfoto 2012-05-11 um 14.45.jpg]

you can download the "Millenium Falcon" here,

millfalc_12-05-11.zip

it's fairly big because it needs a quite big texture map, perhaps i made once two seperate textures for the body and cockpit, so i can reduce the size from 2048x2048 to 2x 1024x1024. but i didn't liked to reduce the original, already low, quality of the ships textures.

but working with gimp on textures with a alpha channel is a real treat, i needed 3hours to do something for which i need 10mins with PicturePublisher8. this is the fourth time i did such and still it's complicated and very uncomfortable to handle alpha channel and selections. stupid blown up complicated useless thing, imo.

a paint prog. which hasn't primitive tools to draw a circle, a rectangle or a freehand shape, very useful, therefore i have tools i never will need in my life.

btw,

interested in a version named "YT-1300", with standart pilots instead of han and chewie?

it won't be no problem to do so, especially if i really make a new texture sheet using seperate textures for the pilots, though they will be easy to exchange (anyway, scale fits 1:1)

edit:

i quickly checked the models "bundle" and it seems to work proper with alpha22 if all directories are replaced properly (take care that you keep the two new ships included in alpha22, or copy them later back to the "ships" folder). please use the ship specs i made as far as possible, because i restricted some equipment from some especially small fighters, also use all new models, they have slight enhancements and will work proper with the new missile helper function, further they take advantage of the changed selector function to choose your personalized pilot and favorite colors.

also the sub-models folder is cleaned up from unused submodels, replace it fully to run the ships from the bundle.

the only difference i noticed so far is the "rear camera" pos. (only used for the eagle?), but it works fine even without that.

i will do some more checks and update the single models to what is in the bundle.

somekind of a version history or changes i made so far:

- missiles.lua, a helper function to easy position missiles and optional pylons.

- pos_lights.lua, changed the model to proper switch the materials when flashing, NOTE this model has visible light bulbs, don't use it with "if ((state == 'DOCKING') or (state == 'FLYING' and get_animation_position('WHEEL_STATE') > 0)) then".

- all ships use green = starboard and red = portside now

- selector.lua, changed the "selector1()" function to "rand_reg()", it returns "rand_100" and "rand_1000", the results are different.

- selector.lua, changed the "selector1()" to "selector4()" to values that can be customized (pilot gender, favorite flight-group color, favorite dress color, pilots face), simply enter your choice at top of the "selector.lua" script (really easy to do, perhaps once this could be setup in the game when you start a new game, i would like it).

- decals.lua, changed the models to use "rand_reg()" instead "selector1()" which is "static" now.

- squadsign.lua, use of the new "selector" functions (favorite color).

- squadsign.lua, added two functions needed for the models now, function "squad_color()" returns a semi transparent material "squad"

in flight-group colors to use with "cutouts" like the decals and function "squad_solid()" returns a opaque material "squad" in flight-group colors.

sorry you can't use both together in the same model-script section, because they use the same material name, but this isn't really needed.

- squadsign.lua, removed variations for the look of the "squadsign", therefore a second "imp-sign" (imperial sign), just to have already one (yes it do reminds of FE2's use of "+" in ship labels (produces a black cross on a red bordered white ground, which has remind me always of the german "sovereign character", a "hoot cross" in national colors red,white and black. it's cool "*" produces a davids star in FE2 and "%" shows off the frontier logo in FFE. david braben the bold!)

- new sub-models, like the "robot", it's actually not often used, the idea was once to have it as a third gender to the pilot, like the idea? then i will update the pilot models to that. it will be still possible to call the model up for special use, also i can make a different one once like this?

contact_a.gif

- added new scanner models and used them on all ships*

- used "antenna1" for 2radar mapper" equipment on all ships*

*almost all, some have no visible scanner like the "courier" others have no visible "radar mapper".

- two new textured "cargo" sub-models, one cylindric the other spherical, sized the same as the standard cargo model.

- removed textures from "ecm" and "antenna", it's not needed, makes no big difference.

- replaced the pilot model completely, it has better performance. all ships in the bundle which use a pilot will use only this sub-model.

- fitted the missile models and specs to use as the corresponding "real" missiles (i know, can only be rarely seen).

- changed (cleaned up) the nazzles sub-model, uses now only a texture for the "engine glow".

- added all my adverts to the adverts sub-model (note, some are actually not 100% gnu compliant, next update perhaps, but the sub-models are needed for the "sport_hostile")

- added my refitted buildings and spacestations, use them by choice in exchange with marcels versions.

i guess that covers all what is different.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

time for a warning.

D1 will delete soon my downloads folder here on SSC, that means the links will be broken after until i uploaded all again.

i will keep you informed.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Back on May 6th potsmoke66 wrote

Quote:
i have problems with the fuelscoop on all ships which use one, everytime i fit one the game quits.

any comparable issue?

I finally can confirm that. Every time I approach any planet with any ship that has a fuel scoop fitted in alpha 21 the game quits. I don't know why it worked for me the first time, but now a clean install of alpha 21 or any modded version I tried does the same thing. Alpha 22 seems to work fine thus far.

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

Bugs belong on the issue tracker, where they get fixed... a month ago. Remember, all alphas are ancient. They're already a week old the moment they're released.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

ok, brianetta that was an old one.

but i didn't think it's a bad thing to report bugs even here.

i know there is the issue tracker, but it's hard to keep yourself informed for a average player/user.

besides it's sometimes even no bad idea to get confirmed if it's not something machine specific or if you made something wrong.

anyway, it doesn't hurts

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  
Quote:
besides it's sometimes even no bad idea to get confirmed if it's not something machine specific or if you made something wrong.

Yeah, Brianetta. That message was just for Gernot for the above reasons. I guess I should have pm'd him. Now I'm going to start my journey from Lave to Earth again in alpha 22. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

[attachment=1205:Bildschirmfoto 2012-05-18 um 15.19.jpg]

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Is that the new Defender? It's looking bizarrely cool!

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

Quote:
really strange , the rear wings aren't reversed ?

well observed 😀

[attachment=1206:sepia_1.jpg]

but i decided to fit them backwards after this testrun, until then it was named sailor

[attachment=1207:sepia_2.jpg]

overall the whole model is "reversed" 😉

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

we have the screenshots,

edit:

[attachment=1208:Bildschirmfoto 2012-05-19 um 00.31.jpg]

we have the ship 😉

Sepia_12-05-18.zip

the ship will change the submodels to what's in the bundle, plus a little change to the poslights (i was losing patience while rotating them...).

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

and already a update 😉

this will change/update the submodels from the bundle

- "bender" is used as third gender (male = 0, female = 1, bender = 3), he's used as 3rd pilot gender now.

- the Bloodrunner had some wrong positioned pilots

- the Sepia was missing a "real" cargoscoop and i changed the copilot

sepia_bloodr_plus_12-05-19.zip

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

I got this error with your ships bundle installed. I can't get a response right now when I try to download your latest submodels, so I don't know if you've already fixed this. I happens when I try to view a Wave in the shipyard. It doesn't occur with a clean install of alpha 22.

[attachment=1210:wave error.png]

For some reason the red screen is also very small.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

latest bundled models, includes all* standard ships updated for the use with the new sub-models and (model-) functions.

(*with exclusion of "Eye", "Stardust" & "Cobra MKI", they come as separate extra models).

condition is, you have to replace the "data/models/ships", "data/ships" and "data/sub_models" directory in any case,

the files in "data/models" (three scripts) add to the existing content in the directory and are needed also.

that should work (and works with "alpha23 nightly" to?)

default_models_p66_12-05-19.zip

i liked to add the new or modded ships via "mods" folder, but for ships that won't work (no subdirectories supported, when zipped to "models" it works but loads sometimes wrong textures, besides of that complicated to handle if you need a zip for "ships" (specs) and "models").

though the following new and updated models will have to be copied to the pioneer installation.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

Quote:
I got this error...

damned , looks like a mistyping "miisile" instead of "missile"

ok, i will patch this one and hope it's the last one...

the missile function is the only thing i changed here, there is no else difference to the standard alpha22 "wave", means the existing wave will work as well, as the patched.

wave_patch_12-05-19.zip

edit:

you will find all files here (incl. the "default models" as 7.zip splitfiles, "wave patch" not yet applied)

downloads/pioneer/potsmoke66_files

for future appearing issues the models will be fixed in the single models thread.

edit2:

i've added my buildings and spaceports as "mod" (belongs to ".../Pioneer/mods", e.g. where the savefiles are stored)

the archives are ment to be unpacked and each contained .zip copied to "mods".

mods_buidings_p66_12-05-19.zip

mods_Spaceports_p66_12-05-19.zip

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

Bildschirmfoto2012-05-20um2002.jpg

for some "historical" reasons

0g Utility SW-XWA

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Those are beautiful pictures! I hope Geraldine uses them. 😀

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Already done Marcel! 😎

Gernot, I've updated the listings on Mod DB to include "P66" credits for your models. If you could, would you have links I could give to the people on there all in one place so that they could try out your many additions to Pioneer? It would also be helpful to know what models will work with what Alpha build too. Judging by the hits the screen shots are getting, I think they will be quite popular! 😎

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

i guess this will do it

P66 Models one by one

http://www.spacesimcentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1395#p11018

the links on the first post, redirect you to my SkyDrive, where you can either download the selected, already marked file, or any other available there.

disclaimer:

the models as they are presented there, need the new sub-models & functions, they won't work without,

the existing ships won't work proper with the new sub-models, some use sub-models which doesn't exist anymore.

best is to patch the standard alpha22 set with this

Default Models

and to install any other later.

only the single models get updated, changes i will report in the thread.

the buildings and spaceports are zipped as "mods", and can be placed in the "local" mods directory.

for the alpha23 prerelease i have a complete models set, including all my models and the needed sub-models.

a set of building-spaceports mods is also ready for the alpha23 prerelease.

[/hr]

to the "Mod" creators (that will be marcel so far), it's possible to make buildings or spaceport models as mods,

but only under this condition:

make sure all files stand in a directory named as the directory the mods will be used for (i.e. models for all models), sub-directories aren't supported.

due to this all files must have unique names, textures and wavefront meshes to, because they will act like they stand all in one directory.

due to this fact it isn't possible to have ships as mods.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thanks for that Gernot. 🙂 As it happens, I already linked this thread in your pictures, so hopefully you will see some more downloads of all your hard work! 😎

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

That looks good Vuzz! 😀

@ Geraldine and whomever wants this, here's the latest version of the pad stations, made for alpha 22. I've added a simple collision mesh, fixed some misplaced parts and removed 1312 unnecessary triangles. This is just the pad station and is to be installed the in old way. Unzip the data folder into your main Pioneer folder and allow overwrites. It should work if installed over others' work or as a stand alone upgrade. Sorry, but no pad running lights yet. I'm kind of burned out on modeling at the moment. Right now I feel like I've gotta get off this planet! 😉

[attachment=1217:ground_stations_alpha22.jpg]

[attachment=1218:ground_stations_alpha22.zip]

Edit: I forgot to put in a text file crediting the creators of the textures I used, now corrected.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Totally understand Marcel, even without the lights they look great! 🙂 The picture is on deck (along with Vuzz's YT1300) with a link back to this thread 😉

ReplyQuote
Page 19 / 25