Notifications
Clear all

Difference between Scout + and Genesia

batmump
(@batmump)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I look at lots of screenshots of the two mods that they have the same old elite star systems, and the missions are apparently the same. But what exactly is the difference?

Second question: It is described here how the mods I install. It should be instaled or copied to the folder "Mods". And just zip, but I could only download 7z? How it's done?

Thank you in advance for your help

Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

This topic is a non sense for me , just try the two games before post here

TRY !!!! its free on both side.

if you try the two,  for sure, you see the differences.

About the game called Genesia its a complete game ( no need mods ) so just make with the 7zip exactly the same with Pioneer

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I notice that Genesia has all sort of ships more than Scout+. Which I personally do not like, as mixing ship shapes (Startrek & Starwars) is just plain stupid.

Scout+ seems better refined in missions selection. But as Vuzz say download both and try them.

I think you might be able to change 7z extension to zip, this might make the mods work. I'll let other confirm the other question.

This topic is a non sense for me , just try the two games before post here

TRY !!!! its free on both side.

if you try the two,  for sure, you see the differences.

About the game called Genesia its a complete game ( no need mods ) so just make with the 7zip exactly the same with Pioneer

Ahem ... 2 words Vuzz ... Customer Relations. It might been nice to also answer the persons second question also. To me this smack of elitism.

I personally hate elitism. 

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Batmump, I'm not sure what you're trying to do. If you want to install Genesia or Scout+ you open the .7z file and copy the folder that's inside to a location of your choice. You could put it on your desktop if you wish. Genesia and Scout+ are not mods, they are separate stand alone games based on Pioneer. Open the folder you extracted and run the executable file inside. The game should run and make the folders for mods and savegames, etc. The location of your mods folder varies with the game you're running and your operating system. If you post that info, I'm sure somebody can help you out but you can probably just run a search for it. Mods are always in .zip format. If you're trying to convert .7z to .zip you're doing something wrong.

Hope this helps! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

@ leondhay

2 answers

"Customer Relations"

???? i don't send anything  0_°

"Which I personally do not like, as mixing ship shapes (Startrek & Starwars) is just plain stupid."

i personally hate stupid people who's that denigrate someone's work without deigning to read the explanatory notes attached to the game!

Extract from the note " About Genesia" :

"Genesia  is  a total conversion of Pioneer to maintain alive the old LMR models collection and the frontier/elite content (A kind of playable archive)."

You have the explanation of the mixture of genres in matters of vessels,

If i don't maintaint Genesia alls olds models and past works of many goods modelers will be lost !

If Batmump had also taken the trouble to read these notes, he would glimpse that Genesia & Scout+ are in no way comparable cases.

It is not elitism to think that you know "a priori" read it right.

leondhay  => black list and report .

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

My personal opinion. Black listing me doesn't stop me from saying anything different. <shrug>

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

-_-  Read the joined note before talk about you don't know, ( very tired by theses trolls )

Genesia IS NOT another version or a mod of Pioneer , Genesia IS the past of Pioneer. understand that ?

nothing to compare

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Opinions aside, you wont go wrong Batmump giving either or both these games a try. Each has its own flavour and each are very involving. Me? I play both and enjoy both.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I knew it had been too quiet lately.

Lets stay on topic and answer Batmump question.

ReplyQuote
batmump
(@batmump)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Batmump, I'm not sure what you're trying to do. If you want to install Genesia or Scout+ you open the .7z file and copy the folder that's inside to a location of your choice. You could put it on your desktop if you wish. Genesia and Scout+ are not mods, they are separate stand alone games based on Pioneer. Open the folder you extracted and run the executable file inside. The game should run and make the folders for mods and savegames, etc. The location of your mods folder varies with the game you're running and your operating system. If you post that info, I'm sure somebody can help you out but you can probably just run a search for it. Mods are always in .zip format. If you're trying to convert .7z to .zip you're doing something wrong.
Hope this helps! 🙂

Thanks, Marcel,stand alone, that was one of the info I needed
For the rest, I asked because I have a narrowband Internet connection. 100mb last for me a good hour. Therefore, it is important to me, what I first look at me and down load it. It is not nice to have to explain to his questions must .. I'm going to actually have to download and watch both. Sorry for my English

ReplyQuote