Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] New game mod: Pioneer Scout +

Page 15 / 28

StalkerXey
(@stalkerxey)
Crewman Registered

Sorry for question, but I could not see other ships. By post about release version 18 - I thought ships must be in every spaceport.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@StalkerXey

Excuse me, but I can not interpret what you're trying to tell me. The English is not my language, and I depend on Google Translator. 

Maybe if repeat the question in another way I can understand. Or test your language, if the English is not. 

Insists, please. 

ReplyQuote
Sanguinem
(@sanguinem)
Crewman Registered

New issue, after installing the fix for the zombie pilot, all contacts on the scanner now appear as a big circular blob.

ReplyQuote
StalkerXey
(@stalkerxey)
Crewman Registered

@walter. Other words - how to make traffic on every station? I visited some stations in Sun system and found no ships.

P.S. what is your preferred language? I know my English not good 🙂

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@Sanguinem

In theory  is impossible that this patch does that.  But everything is possible in the galaxy.  :O

If it happens again, try to take a screenshot and publish it here. That might give us a clue. 

@StalkerXey

Now I understand.   

Traffic is random. You can find the station without ships in some cases, and sometimes many ships, in the same station. 

My native language is Spanish, but Google Translator does a decent job with any language spelled correctly.

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Hello Walterar. My goodness you keep doing more and more and more AMAZING things. I just played G16 it is absolutely AMAZING.

I could not get Pioneer March 17th going I posted the errors in the Pioneer thread but Scout+ works PERFECTLY.

Been doing some of the missions. It is just amazing. I was doing some scan the planet missions. Even though it says it feeds the destination info to your auto pilot I find I still need to do it myself but that's no biggie. Scout+ is just SO much fun !!!!!

I can't thank you enough for your work on it. I am always speechless with Scout+ 

Everytime I see the targetting tunnels I thought it would be nice to have a setting where you can make them relative to the target to get something like this. http://www.superpunch.net/2011/10/gallery-of-computer-screens-from-alien.html

Geraldine and I were talking about it a while back with some good ideas which at the moment escapes me though. I'll see if I can organise a proper post re those targetting tunnels.

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Hi again Walterar,

Only had one crash.

"Assertion failed"

Program:

File: SystemInfoView.cpp

Line 480

Expression: NeedsRefresh()=REFRESH_NONE

This only happened if I tried to do a scout mission in the ROSS System. As soon as I went to planet local system view I got a dialog box that said that.

I just thought I'd let you know.

I restored from the save game and managed to repeat it twice but the third time the mission was no there for me to choose so I could not repeat it 3 times.

Hope this helps

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Thanks @Styggron

It is very important to me the stability of Scout+

Although I think there is a problem in the Pioneer engine, I will check now, to be sure. 

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I have also noticed a similar crash to what Styggron experienced although I was in a different system.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@Geraldine @Styggron

I tried to reproduce this bug, in several ways, without success.  🙁

The fault apparently is in an area of ​​the engine which are doing many improvements lately. Perhaps a side effect that will surely be resolved before the launch of next version of Scout+. 

If it reappears, please send me the "_undocked" file, which is in the savefiles folder in the user directory.

Thanks for your report, help improve. 

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

No worries walterar, next time it happens I will. The thing is it's not just tied to one system so possibly it's a Pioneer issue rather than to do with Scout. Regardless, great work as always walterar!

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Same her Walterar, if I get it again I will have that file ready for you.

I'm going to do some more testing here to see if I can get it to happen again.

Again thank YOU for all your hard work. Pioneer with Scout+ is what I play the most. 

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I've been meaning to mention a minor bug I've seen for many months. After about 20 game saves the lights on the landing pads stop flashing. I don't know if it happens in the stock Pioneer because I always play Scout +.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@Geraldine @Styggron  @Marcel  Thanks, your help is always well appreciated. 

@Marcel It's another old problem with Pioneer engine. It is reported, but no one has addressed to resolve. 

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

It's another old problem with Pioneer engine

Not very old , in genesia that work fine , so we can say that it's after the alpha 31 ( the suround of SGM ). Maybe it's a problem from the SGM models and need some adjusts of the engine relative to this ?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Yes Vuzz. I meant "in the new Pioneer engine". Of course, with SGM. More than a year already.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Pioneer Scout Plus G17 Full is released!

All in one!

* More fast.

* More stable.

* More missions.

* More traffic.

* More action.

* More visible ships.

* New Police Robot.

* More fun, really

Pioneer Scout Plus continues in full version, built on the last master of Pioneer Space Sim to the published version.

g17f01.png

* Cities that starts the game is now random.

g17f02.png

Start on Earth could fall in the following cities: Shanghai, Mexico City, London, Moscow, Brasilia, or Los Angeles.

Moreover, Start in New Hope, randomly start: Itzalean, New Hope, Gandhi's Revenge, or Epsilon Cove.

Finally, Start in Achernar, will be:  Shepherd City, Newtown, Morris base, or Chekovport.

Lave remains unchanged.

* Trafic module is replaced by Traffic (more "English"), and this is the continuation of the previous module with many and continuous improvements.

Traffic has increased and improved. Much more movement of ships taking off and jumping into hyperspace near the player. The docking is more funny, but you should fly with caution on some systems.

g17f03.png

g17f04.png

Traffic now controls to the police ship.

* A new concept of Police Ship is presented in this version: MechaniCop (thanks NiankoSensei)

polg17f01.png

A police robot has many advantages, and, although still  they somewhat awkward and not well trained

, do their job discreetly. At least not accept bribes (for now) although, in the galaxy of the year 3100 everything is measured in money. Nothing has changed in this regard in over a thousand years.

polg17f02.png

polg17f03.png

Many screens have been improved.

And many, many other continuous improvements inposible describing here. Best you discover it.

The free complete sources of  Scout+ are here:  https://github.com/walterar/pioneer-sp

You can watch, download or Clone, and build your own binary, as desired. Specially for Mac users (OSX)

Or you can free download Pioneer Scout G17 Plus full version from here: Windows32 Linux32 or Linux64

The new version uses its own directory:   DocumentsPioneersp on Win32 or ~/.pioneersp on Linux

Therefore you can have installed (and run, concurrently if desired and your computer supports it) Pioneer Space Sim, and Pioneer Scout Plus

Enjoy this.   

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

Using this model from NiankoSensei as a "Robocop" ship is a very nice idea !

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I agree Vuzz, it kind of reminds me of an old Amiga game I still have called Nemac IV.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@Geraldine @Vuzz  Thanks!

You will see that, in this  versión of Scout+,  the police has not only changed the ship, also their behavior. For now makes few things, but differently from what was before. This is just the beginning. There are many things to do yet. You will see it grow in the next versions. Just like everything else. 

Hope you enjoy and be alert to report any bug that has escaped me.  

Bugs Hunters are welcome. 

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Fantastic Walterar. Thank you so much. Goodness you must be tired of me always saying thank you but I think your work is just SOOOOO outstandingly brilliant I have to say it   I seriously play your Scoutmod more than Oolite and even FE2.

Downloading Scout G17 now will report back any bugs etc. I could never reproduce that bug I mentioned to you for G16 above, but I will ensure I keep the file you asked for if anything happens in G17.

Both you and Vuzz are my heroes for Pioneer mods.

Actually a really good thing would be something that notes what we paid for our cargo so we don't need to write it down to remember the price when we want to sell or keep 🙂

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I just took a mission to map a pirate base in the LHS 288 system in G17. Upon arrival I looked at the system view and saw my position and a track of my current trajectory! Fantastic! Is that from Scout+ or Pioneer?

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

Its both pioneer and genesia if you talk about that :

424729screenshot20131220060853.png

its an old improvement

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered