Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] New game mod: Pioneer Scout +

Page 17 / 28

Zordey
(@zordey)
Senior Chief Registered

@walterar

Not sure what is going on with the AC33 being all green, you appear to have removed the pattern files and now it is appearing with a default pattern (all green as above, or blue in my instance). I am actually surprised that that Deneb and Venturestar work OK on my download.

If you are not going to use patterns, you should comment out the line "use_patterns" in the ac33.model file, and it will use the base texture only. (It may even speed up loading by not looking for missing pattern textures)

I assume the Storeria above has the same issue.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for the warning.  The abrupt and unexpected changes the engine of Pioneer, right on the date of publication, made me make some stupid mistakes.   In the next few hours I'll be posting the G19.1 version with the corrections.

Excuse me. And, congratulations, your models are better every day. 

ReplyQuote
Zordey
(@zordey)
Senior Chief Registered

Thanks and no problem.

I actually think I  have another couple of ships that you don't appear to have included. Ill maybe try and dig them out and get them up to current spec so they run if you are interested.

I have (from memory):

ASP, a different Cobra and the Meteor

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

They will be very, very welcome. 

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Pioneer Scout Plus - Updated: G19.1f

G19-1.png

* Restore F1 key (configured by mistake in 5 key keypad)

* Adding craft patterns: AC33, Deneb, VentureStar and Storeria (not included by mistake in previous version)

ac33.png

storeria.png

* Adding sounds start and stop scan-mapping planets in Scout missions (not included by mistake in previous version)

* Fixed error: Switching auto combat action did not stop once started.

* Elimination of zipped files that should not be there.(included by mistake in previous version)

Download free from here: Pioneer Scout Plus G19.1f for Windows32, Linux32, Linux64

Thanks for play Pioneer Scout+ Enjoy this.   

ReplyQuote
sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered

Hello. Please return to the game mission to kill.)

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@sapog662 Hello!

I'm working on something much more credible, and more action.

Wait and see. Not in the next, but possibly in the G21 version.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Great work as always Walterar and a bump for you on ModDB.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
New! Ago 1, 2014

Pioneer Scout Plus G20 Full is released!

* More fast.

* More stable.

* More missions.

* More traffic.

* More action.

* More visible ships.

* Police Robot more intelligent.

* More fun, really.

Always built on the latest engine update of Pioneer Space Sim. G20.png

This month has been a lot of work because of the new engine code. The migration took a long time.

Still, new features have been added to the Scout+ in police and laws.

Police ships are now different, according to the quantity of space stations in the system.

g20-police1.png

g20-police2.pngg20-police3.png

Is added the crime of "Environmental Damage", which defines different fines on illegal actions within of 100 Km of distance of the space stations. It ranges from cannon fire, until jettison various kinds of cargo, being radioactive waste, the more severely punished. It also covers the jumps to hyperspace near 3000 mts of the station.

Remember, the new version uses its own directory: ~/.pioneersp on Linux  DocumentsPioneersp on Windows

Therefore you can have installed (and run, concurrently if desired and your computer supports it) Pioneer Space Sim, and Pioneer Scout Plus

Download free from here: Pioneer Scout Plus G20f for Windows32 (also works on Windows64), Linux32Linux64

Enjoy this.        

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Excellent news Walterar!   Also, a bump for you on ModDB

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

And I just set up the last version!   Thanks again! You're awesome!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I'm curious - when happening upon a space battle at a jump zone, is there any way to tell who is fighting for who? Sometimes I want to join in the fun, but I'm just not sure what the consequences would be.

Also is it still possible to get bounty missions in scout plus? I can only seem to see scout and delivery missions mostly.

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Sorry to ask a silly question. 17f ran fine for me but if I try to run 20f I get

import: EquipDec: not found

stacj traceback:

[C]: in ?

[C]> in function 'import'

modules/Traffic/Traffic.lua:11 in main chunk

Any idea what I should do ? Thanks in advance.

[UPDATE]

I just removed the PioneerSP directory and it worked   🙂  Solved.

ReplyQuote
Sinchi
(@sinchi)
Crewman Registered

Hello,

First I want to say that I love the mod, I think it is amazing, are you going to continue the development of the mod after version g20? Please continue with your excelent work. Thx in advance. Regards.

PS...Sorry for my english, it's not my native language

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Hi my friends!

I regret to inform to you, that a serious health problem keeps me away ,momentarily, of the Scout+ project. I hope for a speedy recovery in order to show new ideas that have occurred to me. Until then, enjoy the G20 version. I love them.

I will return! 

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Hi my friends!

I regret to inform to you, that a serious health problem keeps me away ,momentarily, of the Scout+ project. I hope for a speedy recovery in order to show new ideas that have occurred to me. Until then, enjoy the G20 version. I love them.

I will return! 

Hi Walterar

That not good to hear I hope you get better soon. Don't start anything too soon. Just rest from screen and keyboard and write down does ideas.

Love you work ;D

ReplyQuote
Sinchi
(@sinchi)
Crewman Registered

Hi my friends!

I will return! 

Hello,

I hope you get better soon, Your mod is awesome. 

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I had the feeling that something might be wrong. You are usually such a prolific poster. Our thoughts and prayers are with you to help you get well.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Very sorry to hear this Walterar. Hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself!

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Sorry to hear you are not well Walterar. Take a well deserved rest. You have done so much work for your fans. I hope you recover soon.

Thank you again so much for all your work.

ReplyQuote
XB7
 XB7
(@xb7)
Petty Officer Registered

This looks like a module, but curious why there are different releases for different OS's when most of this is Lua?

ReplyQuote
Mack
 Mack
(@mack)
Petty Officer Registered

Is it possible to get this to run on OSX?

ReplyQuote
lwho
 lwho
(@lwho)
Petty Officer Registered

@walterar

I hope, you are getting better soon. When you'll come back, I have a little surprise for you (see PR #3201).

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

walterar?

i hope.. no, we all hope you get well soon.

i'm amazed to see you have a fan community.

yeah, i missed your comments as well, but i thought "he's busy with scout+"

if i can help you, just ask, i can't hand you a towel or such, but if you need something specific for scout+ i can prob. help.

huh, i hate uncertain things, not knowing how well you are isn't good.

---

@Mack

in general yes, but probably one has to compile it first for osx.

(which seems to be tricky, OSX releases themselves are in certain things incompatible. thus i assume if one compiles it under 10.7 it won't run with 10.6 or 10.8 )

the best option would be to compile it yourself, it will certainly run in your OSX.

maybe get in contact with "Philbywhizz", he was responsible for the mac releases (so far, i'm not sure if he's still actively developing pioneer)

probably he can show you how to compile Pioneer on OSX.
Philbywhizz on SSC

Philbywhizz on GitHub

"shrug"

there is recently no source available for scout+

the projects page is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pioneersp/?source=navbar

i will keep you informed, my next step is to check if anything has changed to the source at all or if the mod is just LUA.

if the latter is true, it's fine.

there is a second possibility, but since i'm not sure what has changed in the code, if something at all or if the changes are only LUA, neither i'm sure which release he exactly used for the recent scout+

this won't help much i guess, else one could take the official OSX release and replace anything in the folder "data".

i have done this sometimes to get "Genesia" running on my moms MACBook, with the disadvantage that in Genesia certain things are changed in the code compared to the official release.

in compiling it for OSX i failed, resp. the MACBook is a second hand and leaks of original software, unfortunately something is missing or not in a state as expected and the compiler won't run.

the final but really a not nice way is to run a win32 release with "Wine",

it's developed to run win32 games and apps on a mac.

but in advance, the framerate of pioneer will suck.

it was ok for me as a modeler to check the models, but unsuitable to play the game for real.

but try, my moms macbook is a rather old one and probably a stronger mac will have a somewhat better framerate running pioneer in such a wrapper.

---

@CosmicSpacehead

would it be possible to reproduce this?

probably link a savegame, though i can snoop into it and get a idea about it.

i really hope he's well soon, i guess we should collaborate more, even if i'm starting to be envolved in something different.

but it won't be a bad idea to have a "vize".

---

@XB7

hmm...

i'm curious myself 😉

now for real,

most is LUA, but certainly the engine is a executable compiled under/for a specific OS.

modules or mods like this exist because of a splitting of interests or directions some liked to go.

which is imo not bad, i guess at one point certain things will reunite, if someone guesses, "hey that's a good idea, i like to implement it"

maybe even not, then see it as a sort of competition: "let's see who was right or wrong with which prediction".

what i can already see is that scout+ is a good project, i like the idea in general and to read things like fines for early jumping, then i see some of my ideas reflected in it

(apart from the old FE2 ships).

---

might be you missed it, my latest ship is suitable for scout+.

but one would have to alter the price of the ship for scout+

it's set to 139'000, just discount 100'000 and you get the price suitable for scout+

the ship, respectively the zip file belongs to the "...user/documents/pioneersp/mods" folder.

if you open the zip folder there will be a folder named "ships" in this you find the ships specs and the price for it ("manta.lua").

once the zip file is in it's proper location, the ship will be added to the available ships in the game.

"Manta", light fighter:

http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/files/file/1074-manta-sgm-version/

th_modelviewer-20140923-163523_zps840b35

Tom Mortons "Ladybird Starfighter", medium courier

http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/files/file/1073-ladybird-starfighter-sgm-version/

th_ScreenShot_150_zps5f111772.jpg

---

about mods and mods (???)

just to avoid possible confusion, this here and genesia <you can see as a "toal mod", probably set up in this way to use a slightly altered engine as for "Pioneer".

MOD's in general was planned to be put in the "user/documents/pioneer/mods" resp. depending on the game "pioneer", "pioneersp" or "pioneergen".

a MOD can be a single ship, like in the above cases or it could alter the whole game (a lot of it).

i guess, disregarding these two standalone games, i was so far the only one who offered a MOD which alters more as just some ships.

the concept seems to be forgotten a bit, but i like it and if the source would be only altered slightly you could get much more out of this.

personally i'm working on a old alpha30 release, because of the (my) LUA models but the real goal is to setup a pioneer which respects this way of modding better.

which means less hard coded things and certainly no hard coded relations to any of the scripts, only such would allow to change from a "Pioneerverse" to a ie. "StarWars -verse",

or whatever one will like to see, personally i would find a "fantasy game" the most interesting thing, means to remove all relations to human race and ships could be animals as well, all this without touching the source.

of course over all only superficial changes, the structure is still the same, trade, explore, fight.

further i've made some mods (but they aren't up to date) to exchange the quite unsuitable architecture of skyscrapers on hostile planets (which are far more as "outdoor worlds")

with sealed or at least buildings which look like sealed buildings and stations. imho if i can't choose between them, sealed (looking) buildings are the better option as skyscrapers.

but i lost this competition 🙂 and this maybe answers even XB7's question, why there exists different projects of Pioneer.

one dislikes this another one dislikes that...

i dislike the SGModel system (to less flexible)

the recent devs strongly disliked the LMR (to hard to manage?),

i guess this was the main reason for this splitting.

the difference is not big, but i like to have some animated and alternative parts, SGM leaks strongly in this, with LUA it's up to me how much of that i will like.

the same ship has a quite different appearance, one is a ship and basta, the other is a ship + + (missiles, individual guns, scanner, antennas, different skins, "individual as much as possible").

Walterar stood somewhere between all that and developed his scout missions which are GREAT imo.

he seems to like my models, thus you find all of what i converted to SGM in his scout+.

for "nubes",

"P66" respectively "Potsmoke66" was my former nick here on SSC.

because of some simple reasons i changed it to my legal name "Gernot".

already quite a while ago when i met Geraldine on Frontier.forums,

however, Geraldine is Geraldine, and this convinced me that a nick isn't as good as my name.

it took then a while until i really changed in most forums i lurk around my nick "potsmoke66" to "Gernot" or "Gernot66".

this has the advantage that i get recognized better i guess, if one sees my YT account now "Gernot66", if you would search for me on facebook "Gernot Schrader" (believe it or not, this name exists exactly one time on facebook, there is only a second "Gernot H. Schrader", which isn't exactly the same name.

meet me in forum "x" as "Gernot66", i guess this was a good decision.

besides it avoids possible Q's like on Sci-Fi meshes, "do you never feared to be banned for your nick "potsmoke"?"  - eh certainly not, especially not "feared".

ReplyQuote
Kintch
(@kintch)
Crewman Registered

First of all -- most excellent mod. Lovin' it to bits!

Ran into a somewhat game-stopping problem though... After browsing this topic I realise that the author is currently away (hopefully not for long) so I'm hoping that someone here with a bit more knowledge in LUA could help me solve this issue:

Basically, when attempting to refuel from the ship cargo hold I get hit by following error:

[string "[T] @libs/Ship.lua"] attempt to perform arthimetic on global 'removed' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[string "[T] @libs/Ship.lue"] in function 'Refuel'
[string "[T] @ui/InfoView/EconTrade.lua"] in function <[string "[T]

Attaching screenshot of the error window:

[attachment=2832:PioneerScoutPlusRefuelError.png]

This error makes it impossible to finish scouting missions located in other systems, for example.

Any help to solve this would be greatly appreciated!

ReplyQuote
Page 17 / 28