Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] New game mod: Pioneer Scout +

Page 18 / 28

Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

If you join the Scout+ organization you get what Walterar calls an 'experimental ion engine'. This automatically refuels you when your fuel gets down to 5%. There may be a bug in there which conflicts with the standard refuel from cargo bay method.

I should add that you don't need fuel in your cargo bay for this to work. It evidently converts reactor energy to mass that you can use as propellant. It's a bit of a cheat, but it allows you to complete the missions. The autopilot isn't aware of the engine conversion, so you have to use set speed to get somewhere quickly.

ReplyQuote
Kintch
(@kintch)
Crewman Registered

If you join the Scout+ organization you get what Walterar calls an 'experimental ion engine'. This automatically refuels you when your fuel gets down to 5%. There may be a bug in there which conflicts with the standard refuel from cargo bay method.

I should add that you don't need fuel in your cargo bay for this to work. It evidently converts reactor energy to mass that you can use as propellant. It's a bit of a cheat, but it allows you to complete the missions. The autopilot isn't aware of the engine conversion, so you have to use set speed to get somewhere quickly.

Cheers for the reply! I actually did notice the refuelling happens automatically without using up resources (sort of did not like it that much, removes an important aspect of resource management, but that's just my own preference 🙂 ); I was not really sure if that's something planned or not, thanks for clarifying that!

As for the error, I managed to circumvent it by removing following lines (number 579, 581, 582, 583) from datalibsShip.lua:

579 if FuelHydrogen == true then

581 else
582 local removed = self:RemoveEquip(Equipment.cargo.water, needed)
583 end

which seems to be a check for using type of thruster fuel (hydrogen or water). Removing the check (apart from the line 580, which sets type to hydrogen) seems to allow you to manually refuel your ship, but with hydrogen only. My LUA knowledge is quite limited so I'm not sure why this check is causing the error I've been getting; however the error message seems to point to the fact that 'removed' variable is treated as global instead of a local value, for some reason...

Anyway, thanks again and hope this helps anyone who comes across a similar issue as mine.

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Getting quite worried about Walterar, we have not seen him in a while. I do hope he is ok.

ReplyQuote
Deathbane
(@deathbane)
Crewman Registered

This is simply a local variable that is not in scope so its bombing out.

Here is the fixed function to solve this fuel issue.

http://pastebin.com/VfEHZwYv

Id fix this in the github code but i dont know if fixes are allowed to be contributed etc

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

You can do a pull request on GitHub, but it depends on whether the fix is for Scout Plus or stock Pioneer. I'm currently having computer issues so I can't run either one to check it out.

Hopefully walterar will be able to add your fix to Scout Plus soon. It worries me that he seems unable to type on a keyboard. Maybe he just doesn't have internet access right now.

@ walterar, Are you OK? Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@ walterar, Are you OK? Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Same here. You have load of people here Walterar wishing you the best. I too hope your ok

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
I did not expect so much affection. I am really touched. 

I'm still alive. 

Thank you my friends. leondhay, Sinchi, Marcel, Geraldine, Styggron, CosmicSpacehead, lwho, Gernot 

Although I still have a long way to go in recovering my health. I hope to play soon Pioneer Scout Plus G21 

Kintch, the solution of  Deathbane is correct and solves my mistake. Include it in the G21 

Gernot, I have some ideas I'd like to work with you to improve Scout+

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Yay! Glad you're back and getting better walterar 🙂

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Very Happy to hear from you mate     

Take it easy and recover to full health.

ReplyQuote
Sinchi
(@sinchi)
Crewman Registered

Extremely happy to see you again, best wishes and recover to full health.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

See? You have lots of friends that you have never met!

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

hi Walter,

Nice to see  that you'r star continue to rise in this universe .

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Walterar! Yaaay!!!

Great to see you back! Now do look after yourself. This has made my day to see you posting again

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Walterar,

SO glad you are well, we were all so worried for you. I am SO happy to see you are ok. Welcome back..........

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Hey, do not be sad.

While doctors work I'm having fun playing again Pioneer Scout+   

I hope to finish G21 before by the end of the year. 

There are a few things to fix the engine of Pioneer, I hope they resolve it before. Now I'm going to fight a little with Andy.  😉 

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

What did I break? 😉

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Give me back the final animation docking in surface stations! 

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Whatever you do, whenever it is available, we all greatly appreciate it Walterar. I can't tell you how much I adore Scout+

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

I was wondering, do we have an avatar for Walterar's Pioneer Scout+ at all ? I could have sworn I saw one somewhere, I had a quick search with no luck. I just wanted to change my avatar to Pioneer Scout+.

cheers in advance if anyone finds it

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Welcome AdgerStark 🙂 Scout+ and Genesia are, in my humble opinions the very best of what you can get with Pioneer mods.  

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you, my friends. I have many new things to Scout. But unfortunately, Pioneer engine is in an extremely experimental status at this time. I find it very difficult to choose what really works, to build a stable engine Scout.

This is going to take longer than expected.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Take your time! I'm still testing Gernot's Ladybird in SP20F. I took two mapping missions to the moons of Jupiter and noticed that the radar mapper could only hold the data from one mission at a time. I mapped Callisto then went to Io, but I couldn't get it to map the moon. I went back to the delivery point and I see that the mission to Io is still in progress. I'm going to try to get to Io and back before the deadline using the experimental ion engine and speed control. It will be close but I think I can do it.

Oh, and I'm glad to see you're back!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I agree with Marcel, just take your time Walterar. The important thing is that your back and feeling better. Us crazy folk will still be here. 

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

I concur completely. Take all the time you need Walterar. We applaud and greatly appreciate your efforts, whenever it comes out it will be amazing ! 

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Hi my friends! I hope you have started the year well. 

With regard to my health, nothing has changed. I'm hoping the surgeon, finish sharpening his knife.  

While i waiting, I have devoted my time to have a stable Pioneer engine suitable for Scout+. After many, and hard battles, I think I succeeded.

There are still many hours and days of intense testing for you to enjoy a stable game: G21. I hope achieve the same stability of the G20, to play much time with him.

Those who are far from the Solar System, go approaching to make the change. Maybe later this month launch occurs. 

ReplyQuote
Page 18 / 28