Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] New game mod: Pioneer Scout +

Page 19 / 28

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Walterar! Great to see you back. Sorry your still waiting to see your doctor. They do like to take their sweet time don't they? Get well soon! And great news about G21, I will look forward to that!

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Scout Plus report: radar mapper

Recap - I was on Earth and found two scout missions to the moons of Jupiter, one for Callisto and one for Io. I took both, thinking I could do them both in one trip. I scanned Callisto then went to Io and discovered that the radar mapper wouldn't scan. I went back to Earth and noticed that the mission to Io was still in progress.

Continuation - I went back to Io and the scanner worked as normal. Using the Ion engine I even had enough time to do some package deliveries on the way.

Conclusion - The radar mapper can only hold the data for one mission at a time.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Hello Commander Marcel, I salute you.

You're right, the current Radar Mapper accepts only one mission.

I'm talking with engineers from ACME, and was told that it is possible to construct an Extended Radar Mapper, which allows more than one mapping. It will be more expensive, of course, and will be available in a couple of months.

I have also talked to my doctor and informed me that next Thursday 22 January, I will be undergoing a cybernetic implant. For this reason I spend all my time on that topic today. I will return to work on Scout+ in a few days, if all goes well, the G21 version will be delayed for this reason. 

Thanks Geraldine and AdgerStark (and all) for their good wishes. 

Until victory, forever! 

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Hope it all goes well for you Walterar!  You're amazing

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

I have also talked to my doctor and informed me that next Thursday 22 January, I will be undergoing a cybernetic implant. For this reason I spend all my time on that topic today. I will return to work on Scout+ in a few days, if all goes well, the G21 version will be delayed for this reason. 

Get well walterar. We will be waiting for you, to be of full of strength, to continue our space adventures!!!   

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

I could use a good space adventure after the disaster of the recent months.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Again here, and happy to be back in the 31th century Not all sorted out yet, but I will. To do this I need to do other trips to the 21th century.

In the coming days I will be playing with Scout+, and will review the changes that have been produced in the Pioneer engine during my absence.

I keep working and hopefully soon have G21 for you, my dear friends. 

ReplyQuote
Paladin7
(@paladin7)
Crewman Registered

Hi Walterar, 

Thank you for all the work you have done on Pioneer Scout!  You've done a great job and this mod is much more fun to play than the original Pioneer.  Also, I've read about your health issues and wish you the best.

I love the game, but have a few issues and was wondering if you or anyone else here had some advice.

I play the game both on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Windows 7 in a dual boot configuration on the same system.  In both cases, the game crashes a lot when I Hyperspace to a region, Click F2 to get the Star Chart up, then take any option on the map.

In Windows 7, the graphics display very nice.  In Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the graphics are a problem, with planet detail and colors not displaying.  I've played with the graphics settings to no avail.

In Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, the program is very slow.  In Windows 7 the game performs well.

Any help you can provide on the above issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again for all the great work!

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I'm running Scout Plus on 14.04 with no problems. When I first installed my OS it wouldn't run any 3D games very well. I got about 2 fps for Scout at the starting position. After installing the current Nvidia drivers from the software center I now get about 60 fps. So, maybe this is too obvious, but have you updated your Ubuntu video drivers?

ReplyQuote
Paladin7
(@paladin7)
Crewman Registered

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated.  

Good idea on the video drivers...  I've got an older system running an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz, 4G of RAM and an AMD/ATI RV670 [Radeon HD 3870] Video Card which is running the Open Source fglrx Drivers.

This set up runs World of Tanks on Wine perfectly, so not sure why it doesn't run Scout Plus well.

I'll look into Proprietary Drivers and see if that makes a difference.  Any other thoughts from the team are appreciated!

Best Regards, Paladin7

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated.  

Good idea on the video drivers...  I've got an older system running an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz, 4G of RAM and an AMD/ATI RV670 [Radeon HD 3870] Video Card which is running the Open Source fglrx Drivers.

What about installing Lubuntu instead? It's Ubuntu with lower system requirements, and another graphical enviroment!!

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Again here, and happy to be back in the 31th century Not all sorted out yet, but I will. To do this I need to do other trips to the 21th century.

In the coming days I will be playing with Scout+, and will review the changes that have been produced in the Pioneer engine during my absence.

I keep working and hopefully soon have G21 for you, my dear friends. 

Thank you so much Walterar

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Coming in this room...      

g21-1.png

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Walterar your amazing!   Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
This is very fun really, because I test the game in the best way, playing missions and combating with hostiles. My combat level improves daily. 

g21-personal-info.png

In a few days I will publish this work. Although there are still some annoying flaws in the Pioneer engine, that I hope will be resolved. But if not, I will publish it anyway; can be fun.    

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

If you mean the docking issues then I am not going to get time to fix them. The next time I touch docking I will be rewriting it and changing the way it works I think.

There are too many problems to keep tweaking and making minor changes.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Hi Andy Yes, I meant some incomplete things that have merged "fast and furious" lately.

This has caused many problems. The most unfortunate is that many of those using Intel video, stays out.

This other is a less important but annoying problem.

Regarding, the docking issues, many originated here:

Side effects:

But do not worry, work quiet. This is only for that the players of Pioneer Scout Plus are aware of this, to avoid future frustrations.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Yeah, cheers...

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

No, cheers for you. You are working hard, and many things at once.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Yeah fluffyfreak! I don't think we tell you enough how much we appreciate all the things you do!  

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Thanks guys, sorry I was tired and a bit narky last night 🙂

ReplyQuote
Timo3681
(@timo3681)
Crewman Registered

http://sourceforge.net/error-404.html?project=pioneersp

^ I can´t download it, is error.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Hello Timo3681

This indicates that sourceforge.net is partially out of service.   It happens sometimes, you just have to try again later. 

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
New! Feb 20, 2015

Pioneer Scout Plus G21 Full is released!

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
New! Feb 20, 2015

Pioneer Scout Plus G21 Full is released!

* More fast

* More stable

* More missions

* More traffic

* More action

* More ships

* New laws

* Police Robot more intelligent

* More fun, really.

Always built on the latest engine update of Pioneer Space Sim. 

g21.pngSee PioneerSP-G21F/engine-docs/Changelog.txt for details.

-*-

New optional equipments you can buy on the market

g21-equipment.png

* AutoCombat

Combat Autopilot which is responsible for managing your ship and weapons in combat. Very useful for newbies and lazy fighters.

* DEMP System

Send a strong Directional Electro Magnetic Pulse to temporarily neutralize the attacking ship electronic systems. The hostile ship, was adrift and without operational weapons.

g21-combat-demp.png

* Matter Capacitor

Virtually inexhaustible source of propellant.

Until the previous version, this equipment was installed only to members of SPA. Now they are on sale in shipyards and SPA has been replaced by the original FuelClub.

g21-bulletin1.png

-*-

* Continuing changes in Police and Law,

g21-police-rules.png

we now have:

* DUMPING - jettison of hazardous rubble/waste too close to station

* MURDER - destruction of ship too close to station

* PIRACY - fired or crash on ship too close to station

* TRADING_ILLEGAL_GOODS - attempted to sell illegal goods

* UNLAWFUL_WEAPONS_DISCHARGE - shooting weapons too close to station without being attacked

* ENVIRONMENTAL_DAMAGE - jettison of radioactive products in space inhabited systems

** ABDUCTION - do not carrying passengers to the station agreed (No effect on G21. It will be activated in future G22)

** FRAUD - do not deliver package or message to the station agreed (No effect on G21. It will be activated in future G22)

* ESPIONAGE - carry data to another faction

* ESCAPE - manual take-off to evade fines

* ILLEGAL_JUMP - jump into hyperspace less than 5Km from the station

g21-police-crime.png

-*-

* DRAW_UNINHABITED_LABELS is now 'off' by default.

* The docking tariff is now proportional to replenishing of the propellant (water or hydrogen) spent.

* Before of G21, the final destination in the surface stations of Taxi, Courier, Delivery and Scout, should be automatic docking with autopilot. From this version, you can finish the missions with manual landing in near by port. If you ever find a port blocked by an avalanche, you'll appreciate this.

* It is a pleasure for me, incorporating two beautiful ships that gives us gernot:

"Manta", light fighter, original SGM by Gernot Schrader

Manta.png

"Ladybird Starfighter" medium courier, original MRL Tom Mortons, SGM version by Gernot Schrader

Ladybird.png

-*-

You will see the magnificent new nozmajner orbital station with many boats coming and going.

g21-orbital1.png

g21-orbital2.png

Although the entrance to the harbor is still done in reverse, and other minor details, it can be fun and worth seeing. I hope fluffyfreak, use Scout as an instrument for details easily and with her magic, find the solution.

-*-

Remember, this version use its own directory: ~/.pioneersp on Linux,  or DocumentsPioneersp on Windows

Therefore you can have installed (and run, concurrently if desired and your computer supports it) Pioneer Space Sim, and Pioneer Scout Plus

Download free from here:

Pioneer Scout Plus G21f for Windows32 (also works on Windows64)Linux32Linux64

Enjoy this.        

The old saved games do not work in this new G21f version. But you can recover a lot.  See this

ReplyQuote
Page 19 / 28