Clear all

[Sticky] New game mod: Pioneer Scout +

Page 22 / 28

walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Thanks my friends.   

All good. The doctors say that I will live another 30 years. Will be enough to see the final version of Pioneer? 

I'm already at my house playing Scout +, again.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Wonderful news walterar!   Its great too that you are playing Scout, so in your honour I too will be playing Scout tonight.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

Thanks my friends.   

All good. The doctors say that I will live another 30 years. Will be enough to see the final version of Pioneer? 

ect ect .... 

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

off topic? 

A day like today, October 12, 1492, a Genoese sailor, caused the earth ceases to be flat; though he still did not know. My respects to the "Scout pilot" Christopher Columbus. 

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Good news walterar! 😀   

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Mmm... for those who live here in 1492 were not good news. 

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Hah! I meant that you're well and going to live for another 30 years 😉

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

But I must be a little stupid, because I put 1942 instead of 1492 

With regard to the opinion of the doctors, I do not believe them. But I'm still here. 

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

And long may that remain so! Look after yourself walterar.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Thanks Geraldine! 

I'm working hard on the new version of Scout+ (G25)

We will have a Christmas with many and interesting new things. 

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Thanks my friends.   

Hello Walterar,

Glad you are recovering and things are improving on the medical site. I just wanted to thank you for the latest Scout 24f. For me Scout is the best version of them all.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks my friends.   I'm testing the G25f version, which will be released before year-end.

Many new things that undoubtedly will delight players. 

But first I have to test it very well, so the player does not encounter any "unpleasant surprise". 

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thats great news walterar!   I will look forward to it.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Pioneer Scout Plus, G25f version, here for you...

This new version, built on the latest version of Pioneer engine (see Changelog.txt)

g25f-01.png

g25f-deimos.png

New Search and Rescue missions.

Scout modification and extension of a great work begun by clausimu in the Pioneer engine.

You feel with sufficient skills, pilot?

g25f-02.png

g25f-03.png

g25f-04.png

g25f-05.png

g25f-06.png

g25f-07.png

g25f-08.png

This new equipment can be very useful.

g25f-09.png

g25f-10.png

There is much dirty money product of political and police corruption in the 31st century. This never changed.

Therefore, there will be lenders who offer very much money to pay in installments, but with a rate of very, very high interest.

This can be good or bad for the pilot, according to the destination to be given to that money. You can change your ship much faster or buy merchandise that you can sell with a very high gain. But, it will be difficult to raise the money for the payment.

The Guarantee is your life. Will you dare?

g25f-moneylender-01.png

g25f-moneylender-02.png

g25f-moneylender-03.png

Hitman missions are more fun now; the target has friends.

Much revised and improved code. It would take too long to describe.

Here is the source code for the curious:  https://github.com/walterar/pioneer-sp

I have not encountered any serious problems in many hours of testing. But there are many ways to play that might not explored. If you have any problems, let me know; You will help to improve Scout.

Like the previous version, it is a full version published in the new unified 3 in 1 package containing the executables for: Windows 32, Linux 32, and Linux 64, in a single download of 243 MB.

For more info, see Readme_before_installing.txt included into package

ReplyQuote
Mack
 Mack
(@mack)
Petty Officer Registered

Good news Walterar!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I like the detailed Mission Details screen for the Search & Rescue missions! I hope you don't mind if I use some of these ideas in the future. I can only learn from a Pioneer Pro like you! Also great idea with the money lending business. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

It looks great, but the English translation needs some improvement. If you send me the en.json files I'll edit them. Hopefully I'll get the corrections back to you before you release G25F.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

What can I say? Walterar, Scout Plus just keeps getting better and better! Wonderful work that of course will get the usual bump on ModDB when I upload the current Pioneer build. These new missions are amazing!

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Thanks Mack, if you see something wrong, let me know.    

Claudius    take what you want, improve it, and return it to me.

I have some ideas for this module I want to discuss with you later. 

Marcel, is already published, 🙁 but here are files of complete language of Scout.

Decompresses in: ./pioneersp/data, and make the changes you think necessary. Thanks for your help always. 

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Just fired it up there Walterar and noticed there is not any female commander portraits, just the guys with those multifaceted eye glasses. It's not important Walterar and for all I know its intentional but I thought I'd mention it anyways.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Thanks! I'm using dial-up for a few days, so I can't download the entire game. I got the lang folder. Hopefully I'll improve it a little.

Geraldine, the new facegen is in the beginning phase. Female faces haven't been done yet. There will be much more added to it in the future. 😉

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
First Search and Rescue mission, in Pioneer Scout Plus G25f

The last phase approach looks a little messy, but with a little practice can be improved. 😉

It will be different when we have a proper function of coupling between ships in space.

Geraldine, the new generator of faces is a work in progress of Wayne Ashworth (Evarchart), you can find here: http://wayneashworthart.com/pioneer%20facegen%20mod.html

For those who prefer the old generator, you can download and apply this mod: G25f-old-facegen.zip

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

@Geraldine the new face gen. assets is something Evarchart / Wayne has been working on (and off) for more than 1.5 years (search all his posts on dev forum). We're very excited about them, but we don't want to include them in pioneer just yet since they're current only half finished, as they're lacking female faces and some civilian clothes.

@clausimu please take what you want from scout+ and I'd be happy if you could migrate it back upstream to pioneer (for instance the S&R modifications), so we can all benefit from the improvements. That's how free software works at it's best, we hack and improve each others code, and preferably share it upstream, so all get the benefits.

I salute Scout+ as it will always pack more ships and sky boxes and other stuff to walterar's vision, than vanilla pioneer. Each serves its purpose, and together we can improve each other.

ReplyQuote
Mack
 Mack
(@mack)
Petty Officer Registered

Hello Walterar,

I have come across a problem and figured out the solution extracting version G25f in Windows, I am using windows 10 and 7-Zip 15.12 which is the latest version.

When trying to extract it complains there is already a readme.txt file extracted in datafacegen and prompts if you wish to over write however the program has froze and it has to be closed using task manager.

The problem appears to be because there are two very similarly named files:

readme.txt

Readme.txt

I have done a quick experiment and it appears you can't have two files with the same name and different capitalisation in Windows. This appears to be whats tripping up the extractor.

Changing the name of one of the files in the archive to readme2.txt solves the problem and it extracts without issue.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
@Mack  Fix it  and uploaded the corrected file replacing the previous one.

It keeps the same file name. Thanks for your help.

@impaktor, in full agreement with you. Hopefully this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

After all, Scout Plus is the best customer of Pioneer engine. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 22 / 28