Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] New game mod: Pioneer Scout +

Page 23 / 28

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Geraldine, the new generator of faces is a work in progress of Wayne Ashworth (Evarchart), you can find here: http://wayneashworthart.com/pioneer%20facegen%20mod.html

For those who prefer the old generator, you can download and apply this mod: G25f-old-facegen.zip

Thanks for that walterar & impaktor. I am only an infrequent visitor to the dev forum but I do like where Wayne is going with it.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Here's the edited English translation. It should work as a mod for people to test. I can't yet test it myself.

[attachment=3352:langedit.zip]

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Thank you for 25F Walterar

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Marcel. I updated the release pack and have uploaded to SourceForge in replacing the previous, including your corrections to the English language. Thanks friend.    

Now we just need volunteers to translate the missing strings in other languages. German, for example.    

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Here's a bug. I was doing a refuel mission when I accidentally crashed into the target ship. Instead of seeing a tombstone I got this message.

[attachment=3383:Screenshot from 2016-01-07 1955.png]

Clicking OK exited the game.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Marcel. Yes, I have detected this error and was corrected a few days ago, please download again.      

The message that caused this error is:  " {crime} can not be tolerated here!"  and he was moved from "lang/core" to "lang/ui-core".

Many language strings changed places in the Pioneer engine and I missed some, sorry. 

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

My unreliable internet connection has been keeping me from downloading your latest version, so I'm going to try that mission again. I promise to be more careful this time.

I think there are too many rescue missions on the bulletin boards. They should be more rare to find. It looks like too many of the AI ships are piloted by new players!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I'm not sure if walterar changed the frequency of ad creation for rescue missions in Scout+. But I did notice myself during extended play that there are too many of such missions. I changed that for the next bug-fix release of this script. If it is still too many, let me know. I still need to crack some other bugs before releasing it though.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Claudius.  Marcel are right, but, in the first publications of a new mission I prefer oversupply.

Then will come the balance.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Walterar, I got the latest PioneerSPG-25F. The collision with the target ship works perfectly.

I wonder if updated versions should have incremented names, like PioneerSPG-25Fa. Then we would be sure we have the latest version.

Clausimu, this is wonderful, but I was unsure of what I needed to do to complete the mission. I got within 100m and nothing happened so I crashed into the target ship as a test. I researched and read on the development forum that I need to stay within :O 50m, but that info should be given to the player before acceptance of the mission. Perhaps I missed it. This is going to be the trickiest thing I've done since docking with the ISS in Orbiter! I'm lovin' it!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Marcel, thank you for pointing this out. I don't know if adding technical detail like this to the mission text fits the immersion though. Maybe I should add something about how to do "ship-to-ship-transfer" to the wiki? The "hold a distance of 50 m" is actually just a place holder until docking between ships is implemented.

Sorry, walterar - I really don't want to swamp your thread with stuff about the search & rescue script...

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Walterar - I just wanted to let you know I updated the Search & Rescue missions and included a detailed mission screen that is based on what you had done for Scout+. Your mission screen was so much better, I just had to use this idea!

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Caudius!     It makes me happy that my work serve to enhance the original module. 

There are some other changes in SaR of the Scout G25f version, maybe you might like.  

Ships targets in local nearby planets, only in planets without space stations.

Is not necessary landing alongside the target ship. This is because of the many missions failed by of the bad position of the crashed ship, often submerged or in rough places where it is impossible to normal landing. For the same reason asteroids are avoided.

The target ships in orbit are easier to locate with Beacon receiver.

I continue to work on new ideas that I have for him,   and playing a lot. 

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Marcel, you're right,   but the rush to publish before the end of the year    made me make stupid mistakes.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I have successfully completed the refuelling mission to the Caiman drifting 45 km from Phobos. It was much easier than docking with the ISS in Orbiter.

Clausimu, yes the wiki should be updated. I did look in there first.

Perhaps, for the sake of immersion, you could add a question to the screen where the player inquires about the mission like,

"What do I have to do to complete the mission?"

with the answer,

"You must hold position within 50 meters for a minimum of 5 seconds for the fuel transfer to complete."

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Novelties of all kinds in the next version of Pioneer Scout Plus G26f

Coming soon...

jupiter01.png

mars-01.png

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Pioneer Scout Plus G26f is here!

sp_g26f.png

This new version, like the previous ones, was built on the latest version of Pioneer engine.

Many changes in this version. Following the work of continuous improvement, I have revised and improved a lot of code.

Module Search & Rescue:

* New mission is added: To provide fuel to ships stranded on uninhabited remote systems. In this case, the requested fuel may be hydrogen or Military Fuel, according to the hyperdrive installed on the emergency ship. Some missions are dangerous, with hostile ships that attack to avoid the rescue.

* Ad to assist ship that are  closer to other stations are avoided. That is, for example, that no exists in London an Ad to provide hydrogen to a spacecraft orbiting Pluto. It is assumed that exists much more nearby stations.

* The amount of propellant or fuel supply depends on the capacity of the propellant tank of the ship in distress or required by your hyperdrive to jump to another system, as appropriate.

hydrogen_fuel_80Ton.png

mil_fuel_4Ton.png

mil_fuel_12Ton.png

New module: Scooping

* The player may accept contracts to extract samples of hydrogen in local and remote gas giants.

* Some of these missions will be dangerous by the presence of hostile ships that try to kill him.

* You need to have installed a collecting scoop hydrogen or multiple collector.

* They may not be mixed samples of different objectives, that is, if you have accepted two missions for different gas giants, may only completed one by one.

* You can collect all the hydrogen you want, depending on the capacity of your ship, but the sample to be delivered is one ton per mission.

scooping.png

For all modules missions:

* When consulting different screens of accepted missions, the target distance in km, Au and Ly will be shown in a snapshot of each tranche, as applicable.

* In "+info" of missions screens, will have a button that sets the target of remote and/or local navigation. The target can be a system, a planet, or a ship. For example, in a SAR mission to remote system, the system will be marked first; in the system, mark the planet, and to reach the planet will mark the ship to help. To enable this feature, you must purchase and install an autopilot expansion software "Navigation Assistant" on your favorite shipyard.

Significant improvements in look of Moon, Mars and the gaseous giants of Sol system.

Adjustment of the geographical position of many stations whose platforms have been invaded by the ground.

Improved balance amount of announcements BBS missions.

Better balance in due dates and quest rewards.

The FaceGen used in the G25 version, sometimes took me out of the immersion. For this reason I have decided to re-use the old FaceGen until Wayne Ashworth (Evarchart) complete their work.

old_facegen.png

Begin work to improve trade. I have increased commodity prices. On the screen of economy and trade, the value (of sale in the docked station) per unit, and the total value of the loaded item is displayed.

econ_and_trade.png

I have not encountered any serious problems in many hours of testing. But there are many ways to play that might not explored. If you have any problems, let me know; You will help to improve Scout.

Like the previous version, it is a full version published in the new unified 3 in 1 package containing the executables for: Windows 32, Linux 32, and Linux 64, in a single download of 299.2 MB.

Pioneer Scout Plus is set by default to a screen 4:3

If you have a 16:9 screen, maybe I should try this mod: fonts169-PioneerScout-mod

I hope you enjoy this version, undoubtedly the most complete so far.  

This story continues ...

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Walterar. I could not get your download link to work, but found G26F here. Thank you once again for this great update to Scout Plus!

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks Geraldine, links fixed. 

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Hello Walterar - superb additions to the SAR mission module again! I will have to adapt some of them for the "upstream" script.

I have a technical question for you. How do you get a ShipDef for a corresponding Ship? I keep struggling with this and have all sorts of workarounds in the original SAR script because I can't pull up the respective ShipDef for an existing Ship. How do you solve this for your own scripts?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Great work walterar. As always!!    

ReplyQuote
Mack
 Mack
(@mack)
Petty Officer Registered

Thanks Walterar for another awesome release!

Ive noticed a bug (maybe a feature?) over the last few releases.

When I launch from a planet or a space station after a few seconds the autopilot engages without being commanded however it is not announced and 'Manual Control' is still displayed. It retracts the undercarriage and puts the ship into orbit around the nearest planet.

The only way to stop it is to wait for it to engage and disengage it by pressing F5.

Im running G26F on Windows 10.

I hope my information is of some use.

Mack

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Thanks my friends for the support. 

@clausimu Your question requires a very lengthy response to my poor english.  Best looking directly into scripts the solutions implemented in each case. Internally there are many new things in this version that may interest you. 

@Mack By leaving the launch pad, a script set the navigation of ship to low orbit of the planet. This gives enough time a player to define their own navigation set, without dying by crashing into the surface.

You can deactivate this process by pressing F5. It's not a bug but a feature to improve in the future.     

ReplyQuote
Mack
 Mack
(@mack)
Petty Officer Registered

Hello Walterar,

Thanks for the reply, its a cool feature I have to admit especially if your concentrating on trading. Is there anyway to select it on/off or disable it?

When im flying manually it is quite frustrating as I havent found a way to stop it engaging. I have to wait for it to engage and then correct the course back to where I wish to go.

Mack

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@Mack Test this manual_mode_undock_without_Navigation_Assistant_MOD.zip

ReplyQuote
Page 23 / 28