Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] New game mod: Pioneer Scout +

Page 9 / 28

fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Off-topic: Using an open source engine doesn't mean that a project can't be commercial, you can even mix and match the code being open source but the art being protected/commercial. That's how the source code releases for the Quake and other game engines usually works.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

ok fluffyfreak , I did not know this rule. ( end of  OFF topic, sorry Walter ).

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Again with you. Ninth release, for nine consecutive months.

It's here!

Pioneer Scout Plus G9 version

PioneerScoutPlus-G9.png

News

This release incorporates the ships "Lancet" (flying saucer)...

scoutplus-G9-lancet.png

and "Caiman" (Tug Ship Concept) by potsmoke66

scoutplus-G9-caiman.png

Strange ships statics "Shadow" (from another galaxy?)...

scoutplus-G9-shadow.png

found parked in the vicinity of orbital stations. Zordey thanks!

Notable improvements in ships Cobra MK-I, Mk-III Cobra and other potsmoke66 Thanks Gernot!

Improvements on the "Personal Info" and others with more information, very important for the player.

scoutplus-G9-personalinfo.png

scoutplus-G9-shipinfo.png

scoutplus-G9-economy.png

scoutplus-G9-missions.png

Other changes...

Now you have more time (30 seconds) to select an escape route to the emergence of "Knights hackers" space.

Now is impossible to buy slaves or animals living, on the black market, without having installed the Life Support for loading bay.

And many smaller improvements.

Much work has been done in the kernel. I want to thank @robn, @jpab, @fluffyfreak, @laarmen, @Brianetta, @Luomu, @Zordey, @nozmajner, and many, many more, that make possible Pioneer. See AUTHORS.txt in the folder pioneer to see how many I have forgotten.

Download free from here:  Pioneer Scout+ G9 (all platforms)

Applicable to Pioneer Space Sim 201309.6 (or higher).

Download free "Pioneer Space Sim 201309.6" from here:  Win32  Linux32  Linux64 OSX

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. 

ReplyQuote
lwho
 lwho
(@lwho)
Petty Officer Registered

Thank you for your great ongoing work, walterar!

One little suggestion:

As far as I can see, you included the complete data directory in the ZIP, not just the changed files. Could you only include files that have changed compared to Pioneer core next time, please. This has several advantages:

• If something is changed in Pioneer core in the data directory (e.g. a bug fixed), currently that fix will not become visible for those who have ScoutPlus installed, because its unfixed copy of the file overrides Pioneer core.
  • It will be easier to see what you changed. Especially, if one wants to merge with own modifications/work in progress or use only a subset of your MOD (e.g. ships, buildings, music, sounds), that would be very helpful.
  • The ScoutPlus zip will be smaller (not really that import, I just add that for completeness ;))

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@Iwho

I think you've seen bad. The zip contains only files modified, and new, as it should be. I thought I had made ​​a mistake, but I just confirm that it is not. I did not drink last night.  :O

Unless you want to say anything but I do not understand.

ReplyQuote
lwho
 lwho
(@lwho)
Petty Officer Registered

Indeed, you're right; well almost 😉

I checked only a few files which definitely where identical to pioneer core.

I wrote a little script to separate new/modified from the identical files. About 4.6MB of files seem to be identical, but the list of files is quite short. Seems that I just had bad luck with my check, just hitting the few identical ones:

./ui/InfoView/CrewRoster.lua

./ships/molamola.lua

./models/ships/amphiesma/amphiesma_diff.png

./models/ships/amphiesma/amphiesma_lo.dae

./models/ships/amphiesma/amphiesma.model

./models/ships/amphiesma/amphiesma_hi.dae

./models/ships/amphiesma/amphiesma_spec.png

./models/ships/amphiesma/amphiesma_med.dae

./models/ships/amphiesma/amphiesma_glow.png

./models/ships/amphiesma/pattern01.png

./models/ships/wave/wave-mq.dae

./models/ships/wave/wave_coll.dae

./models/ships/wave/wave.model

./models/ships/wave/wave.dae

./models/ships/wave/wave.png

./models/ships/wave/glow.png

./models/ships/wave/pattern01.png

So, now we can both be sure, we were not drunk 😉

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
You're right, they "infiltrated" some, but not upset the operation of the mod.

Now, let's toast! 

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Ready! I removed the leftover and I replaced the zip.

Whoever wants to can re-download it. Thanks Iwho! 

ReplyQuote
Zordey
(@zordey)
Senior Chief Registered

Strange ships statics "Shadow" (from another galaxy?)...

FYI, the spider looking ship is a Shadow battle crab from the TV series Babylon 5. Thankfully this one is much less unfriendly

http://babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Vessel

Downloading your latest version now for a look  😎

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Good clarification. For now, I justify the eclecticism of Scout+ in the idea that in the year 3200, 3D printers are very, very advanced. You can give the ships the form you want.

No one should be surprised to see one Shadow, alongside a 'SP Tanker', or a USS Enterprise.  

ReplyQuote
sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered

Dear walterar. Help please - lionheart, make a script scout in the game - Paragon.)

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
At this time, robn doing major internal changes in Pioneer, but they are very necessary for the, (very long-awaited) new user interface. This forces me to constant internal modifications Scout+  also. But I'm very happy with this.

When they are quieter things I promise I will study the best way to make a Scout+  for Paragon.  When it's time, talk about this with lionheart. Be patient. Everything comes.

ReplyQuote
sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered

I would have had a lot of luck if you are consolidated for the accomplishment of a single case. It would be the greatest of victories.)

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Attention!

In the latest release of Pioneer (201309.37) have major internal changes for the construction of the future new user interface. For this reason, Scout+ G9 is incompatible.

The latest version of Pioneer mentioned can be downloaded from here: Win32 Linux32 Linux64 OSX

To fix this, and only if you want to use that version (or higher) , you should apply this fix pack in the mods folder: PioneerScoutPlus-FixPack-G9.01.zip

Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thank you very much walterar, that's great!   

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Attention! Others changes!

In the latest release of Pioneer have some internal changes. For this reason, Scout+ G9 is incompatible.

The latest version of Pioneer can be downloaded from here: Win32 Linux32 Linux64 OSX

To fix this, and only if you want to use that version (or higher) , you should add this fix pack in the mods folder:

PioneerScoutPlus-FixPack-G9.02.zip

A lot of activity this month, that's good for Pioneer 🙂 

Thank you.

ReplyQuote
NiankoSensei
(@niankosensei)
Senior Chief Registered

I have problems with this update, pioneer 09.48 won't start at all and close with this error

Error: import: ShipType: not found
stack traceback in ?
[C]: in function 'import'
ui/InfoView/CrewRoster.lua in main chunk

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

NiankoSensei:

Please, redownload: zz-PioneerScoutPlus-FixPack-G9.01.zip and add/replace in mod folder

When I posted this fix pack leaked a mistake. I immediately realized, but apparently, you downloaded it at that "minute" that was available. 🙁

Scout+ does not change, for now, ui/InfoView/CrewRoster.lua

ReplyQuote
NiankoSensei
(@niankosensei)
Senior Chief Registered

Ok now work fine, thanks !!!

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you for the warning!  

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

? 0_° i'm completly lost ... for pioneer 09.48? what pacht must be aplied ? the 01 or the 02 ? 

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Vuzz, both

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

walterar,

it would be nice if you would rename the vipers

since this isn't my model i find "viper p66" a bit annoying,

properly it would be "Viper coolhand", no matter how much time i spent to keep them available for all the pioneer conversions, it's coolhands model.

but also to give all variations simply the name (appearing Name, not the models name) "Viper" would work.

of course you won't know which viper it is before you see the ship, but that was my idea, since they (still?) have slightly diff. specs,

obviously a "heavy wear" will be worn and thus the thrust is a liitle less good.

i know to differ between "heavy wear" and "med wear" is difficult by looking at the ship, but even this i think is ok,

one shouldn't know so easy which viper it is.

probably you should remove the police viper if you have the kanara already as police ship,

personally i find it a bit strange to buy a police vessel anyway.

i.e. in switzerland it's forbidden to drive a police car

resp. something that looks like police or emergency, every sign even the colors must be changed before they can be sold,

i know already in the E.U. it's allowed to have i.e. a white car with a glowing orange stripe which looks like a medical emergency car

either you are police, emergency, army or not. multiple tonal horns which could sound like sirens are even forbidden,

also because we don't want that every john & henry can frighten ower animals and obviously because of above reason,

it should be clear what sort of car is heading or crossing on a small single track street in the alps, that could be as well a

liner, they need horns to warn the traffic to stay clear to give space for the bus, it's anyway no good idea to make a HP competition with a bus.

whatever, i think this is reasonable.

a second idea would be to define the police ship (which ever one preferes to use) as "define_static_ship"

it will work the same for the cops, but it won't appear in the shipyard additionally the police ship could be tuned to give them a advantage.

there is a little problem that a "static" police vessel will act like any static ship and park in front of a station (but it won't act like police).

i guess it's still possible to exclude this ships by giving a range of tons for the selection of static ships i.e. only static ships which are heavyer as 100 tons

get parked.

at least i did this once, but i know the script has changed and it needs a little investigation to work this out.

today i won't have much time to check how this works, but i will keep you informed.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Gernot:

P66 is the "shipyard", ie the model builder. The author then you can see within the definition files of the ship 

ie ships / viper_police.lua

- Model by Coolhand, converted to GSM system Pioneer 2013 by Gernot.

- Balanced for Pioneer Scout + by walterar <walterar2@gmail.com>

- Licensed under the terms of CC-BY-SA 3.0. See licenses/CC-BY-SA-3.0.txt

define_static_ship {

name = 'Viper-P66-Police',

model = 'viper_police'

Tell me if I'm missing some data. You see, it was always defined as static ship.

The "kanara police" has set a price of 0, ie, that never appear for sale. Neither are for sale static ships.

I separated the models because it needed more ships. Although they were not finished. The beginnings were difficult. 🙂 But I'll work on that. 

Finally, the ships are "characters" in the game, and are balanced so that they can fulfill all missions. Even the most urgent. There is no "mission impossible" in Scout+ When I have a sufficient number of ships, balancing surely be more suitable for other forms of gambling.  😉

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

thanks that's cool, because i didn't knew (ah, i didn't remembered) that ships with a price of 0 won't appear in the shipyard.

thus means for sure one could use the police viper in the same way as the canara, just by renaming the wanted police vessel as "kanara.lua".

somehow i really only forgot this (price 0).

"shipyard P66", that's nice, i didn't knew that i'm a "shipyard owner", that's quite something.

and thanks that you maintained them, in fact this would be then "United Shipyards P66 & Walterar".

[attachment=2261:POC.jpg]

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 28