Notifications
Clear all

P66 Models, one by one

Page 1 / 8

Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

all mods .zip's can be placed in "...locale/pioneer/mods" folder.

some are 7.zip because there is a readme included which is probably worth to look at.

Mods alpha25

get all at once

---

Sub-models

runs from "mods" folder

the following mods won't run without them,

but the sub-models-mod won't harm the existing sub-models or models.

---

Ships FE2

all FE2 Ships

---

Ships P66

my "modern" styled ships

---

Ships Vintage

my retro sci-fi ships

---

Groundstations P66

my two groundstations

---

Buildings P66

City3k and all that crap

---

Buildings Vlastan

Vlastans Buildiings, floors scaled to 1:1

---

Buildings Kcity

Kcity, floors scaled to 1:1

---

Custom Systems P66

Ross 154 (arisata mod), Mechanica

---

Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

had to post a reply, just to bring it a bit to front, i hardly couldn't find it myself 😀

...found something to post

2010-11-19_052637.jpg

2010-11-06_004438.jpg

does that look silly, or like nonsens?

the tie interceptor is my actual desktop

ReplyQuote
tomm
 tomm
(@tomm)
Master Chief Registered

Awesome work.

I'm going to pull them into alpha 8 (at least, all the ones that won't get us sued - I can't put the starwars ones in 😉

The ship_defs changed for alpha8, but I'll fix these myself

ReplyQuote
tomm
 tomm
(@tomm)
Master Chief Registered

Gernot, just a few things to note:

Don't tag missile models with tags = {'ship'}, or they will appear in the shipyard 😉

They still need a ship_defs = { ... , so that their accelerations can be specified though.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

thanx 😎

do i have?

erm, yes, no, i havn't. but your missiles from ships.lua are included to them and they have (but they won't appear in the shipyard never seen a ship "Naval Missile" would be funny and i won't have forgot that).

i guess maybe, if you like to keep ships.lua (i removed it and have your ships as a single lua's)

then remove the "real" missiles from it, no, bad idea no more missile model then, or you have to keep two, i guess that's why i put them together "real" and the poseable "dummy" use the same model.

(interesting fact, to me they are simple models and old at least 7 years or so, but it seems they look good on spaceships, even sparks, who created the ffed3d ASP wears them on his ships in FFED3D).

hm, actually i cant remember why i created th dummys, the m_whatever models appear on the ship as well as the dummys

but i must have had a idea then.

btw, some ships are still in a very basic unfinished state, like the LYNX, but don't mind

as long as i couldn't use it (since alpha6 we can thx to class9 and the big wheel station), i didn't worked further on it.

also still funny to see the lynx in a starport 100m at both sides looking out of it.

but i have a huge starport in work, but actually i'm a bit busy with my scripted models and the tutorial.

my very first spaceship (not true my second, first was the courier)

nfs4_shuttle.jpg

and that's how the courier got born

couriercarcad.jpg

yes of course i posted it when presented my SW ships here that they will never appear in the pioneer download.

they are "inofficial", you can say.

XWA is rather old and i don't fear to be punished because of that, especially why i have seen a lot of ships based on them for various SW games. (even if the creators of the modded ships are a bit strange fellows annd have their nose high in the wind, that's why i asked above if they do look silly or like nonsens. i got really a bit angry because of what darksaber finally answered me, that he didn't answered because he didn't likes to answer to nonsense. Pioneer nonsense? "tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp". one thing for shure by browsing through the threads of XWA-upgrade, i found out there are a lot that would wish a opensource SW game would exist, with a seeded galaxy and all of we got, pah!)

selber schuld (their own fault)

with a little work one could make a good SW mod of Pioneer, but if they think it's nonsense...

ReplyQuote
Coolhand
(@coolhand)
Master Chief Registered

Yeah you've been working real hard on these, they look great, as does the conversion of my viper in the other thread (i think yours looks better than dans, sorry dan!)

About the SW ships, I know the guys at xwing upgrade are fairly protective of their work, as they have every right to be, i hope they're ok with letting you use the models in your mod and i also hope you're including credits for the people involved with each model (usually a readme in each models folder?)... thats usually the minimum requirement for using someones work.

maybe you should switch franchises, Babylon 5, or even nu-battlestar, you have the physics, the jump drives & a spectacular sense of galactic scale. I mean if you're going to put a lot of time into a mod with missions and stuff its never really going to 'feel' like starwars because its flying all wrong. eh, maybe i'm missing the point:)

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

there is actually only one model i used from XW-upgrade respectively X-wing station (the YT-1300)

the rest is from SW-XWA itself so no one except lucas arts would have rights on it, i guess.

i was just kindly asking for permission to use the millfalc

and did get such a answer

i guess yes i will add a readme (if i hadn't), because i don't want to claim it's mine nor some might think that it's mine.

(even when you would look at the mesh you can see that i corrected some of badly put together parts, that would have had 10cm gaps in real size, i can't stand such).

like i "cleaned" some of the original models and made them 100% symmetrical, sometimes when i worked on them i had the feel they are "industrial products" if you know what i mean, but on the other hand i guess in the past you havn't had such good programs like we have now and picking a certain vertice wasn't easy, so you moved them slightly in i.e. x vector to grant you can still pick it later up (i know this from Z-Modeler, which i used for my early car models).

textures was badly mapped sometimes, that's why i thought some "worker" most have done it, some textures was such i don't know like painted with a colour pencil that i had to replace them (even when that's no bad idea, if your'e good in painting, i thought about such myself, painting with a pencil or a brush i'm still much faster as when i use a program).

and if i think about how games must be made "industrial" yes, i guess you plan some model and hand that maybe including textures or not to a company (best in korea) and they do the job for you, at least some was made that loveless.

later on some person representing the owner will give it's ok or not.

but after all in XWA you can't see, the models are very small in the game as i remember it and the resolution is compared to pioneer rather low.

of course a pioneer star wars mod won't be like a SW game, a lot would be different, but allready just a little hack of pioneers exe allows you to start i.e. with a tie and nothing as a drive and a 1MW pulse cannon.

a horrible main thrust and almost no breaking capability, which is real fun to me, when leaving the port you have to be real careful else 1t of hull are ashes before you noticed it. a perfect hunter if you know how to use it.

but if one would work on the source of pioneer i guess a lot can be made, except it has no storyline or missions like typical SW games.

what was irritating to me, is that darksaber (for personal reasons i understand) removed his e-mail from his page, he didn't allows PM on XWA-Upgrade but didn't likes when someone uses his models without request or permission.

so HOW can someone ask him? except to get finally his attention by shouting out real loud.

personally i never mind about such, i mean i make no money with it, they are not my design, why should i care if someone else uses them, yes a note is not bad and didn't claim it's yours is offens.

and even if some are my very own design, i can allways make new ones.

i understand not all are so willing to give, but i said personally.

and if ever someone should use the above FE2/FFE typical models for something else then pioneer,

better note that they belong to Frontier.dev rather to me. because they belong to them in my point of view.

what ever effort i have needed to bring them to a new gloss.

i'm satisfied some recognize me at last, that's enough (to get some respect from people like you are, is more then i can beg for).

well that must be because i had really hard times the last few years and when you loose all you love by your own decision,

what could be harder? i couldn't have said "he's guilty", or "she's guilty" or "this is misfortune" it was my decision. i guess even dead is not as hard as that, sometimes i havn't had food for a week or so. you see other things are gettin' important in such situations in life. 😀

of course i know it's a industry and not all companies are so quality aware, games been put on market in very short production time, with lowest possible cost to produce them (but if i think how much they earn... even a drunken baker makes better croissants, but they cost only 50cents and i never heard about a baker gettin' real rich with croissants. except ok, industrial made ones).

finally i'm a naked man and have only a few cards left to play in my hands, what can i loose?

my life? ok, then all the pain has come to a end, fine.

i don't know maybe i remove he's millfalc and make a own one from scratch, why not. he will see what he get's from...

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

here we go again...

visit the first entry to get to the ships

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

added conny, ip shuttle, lynx fixes

added, shift

Hit Me

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

I started a new game at Lave a week or so ago to see if I could get to Earth without cheating. I just deleted the cobra3 folder then installed yours and my saved game is using your conversion without a hitch. 😎

Only 697.72 light years to go!

Another edit: I just installed them all. So far, everything's A-OK. It was tiring just installing them, I can't even imagine how much work it took to do them all! Awesome!!!

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  
Quote:
I can't even imagine how much work it took to do them all

fortunatly most was ready for alpha20, i only couldn't finish them before alpha21, it was then only a little work to fit them to the new ship specs.

not to run into problems i did it like a hooker; "one after the other". (after beeing halfways sure appearing problems i had wasn't caused by my models).

a reason why nearly all contain the same sub-models, it has made it far easier for me.

it will leave a mess in the submodels imo, but i promise to get that proper with the next or the following release. so i can present a cleaned up sub-models directory which contains only the needed reduced ones, some won't be textured but that's fine imo, some will loose a variation or two.

but all ships, mine including the ones from other modelers (foremost s2odans) must use the new submodels and that's still some work to do.

i.e. the new scanner has to be scaled and positioned proper for many models (in general 0.75 of the old scanner model and a lifting of ~10%).

the removing of the scripted pilot will give some work to do, because i can't use the same scale or position, that's because the scripted pilot has no real scale, or it has of course one but i didn't know it exactly, it was made from scratch without a given scale, later i fixed the scale according even to results from OGLE.

while the newer pilot is 1:1 which makes it easy to scale it to any model, even the seat and helmet are centered to the pilots podex (yes, perhaps the feet would have been better, to late... but therefore a pilot on a "custom" chair is easier to position centered on the podex, you won't need the dummy, just use the mid of the part where rest and seat joins). split to allow a different use of them, e.g. you like to model your own chair, instead of a preassembled model like i made before.

also i removed or changed the material selection and all works on premodeled submodels, i experienced this as far better as my first approach, even when it still has a lot of dynamic exchanging models, but models no longer dynamic changed texture or material on a mesh, that helps a lot.

further the naming of them is more comprehensible, perhaps really someone comes along and likes to use them...

while i can see already some good things going on in the right direction and the selector function will be one day replaced with something game dependant.

i hope the "dummy model" is in the folder already, this will allow others to position and scale the pilot proper to their model as long as you don't change the centering of the "dummy". even a dummy for the missiles should exist, which reflects not only my model, it's sized the same as the original scripted missile.

some conditions have changed, i.e. the thrusters are again to call as last, while i changed most models to use the thrusters in the static part, i have to use them now as last in the dynamic part, else they cut out things like the labels or any dynamic geometry. i guess some models still show this spinoff.

after all there is no warranty that you won't run into a "deadend" with some of them, could be a scanner or a ECM model is called wrong (non existant) and the game will terminate.

it's hard to check all that and even harder without the modelviewer, i have to buy each upgrade to check it's function (no, hacking the savegame won't help much in this case, it takes to long 😆 ) even to install the windows build hasn't helped me much in alpha20, because copying the model from/to is also uncomfortable, why i already only run the mac build.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

added a new oldie

the X-Wing from SW-XWA

check here for the file

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

time for a warning.

D1 will delete soon my downloads folder here on SSC, that means the links will be broken after until i uploaded all again.

i will keep you informed.

profit:

you get the latest crap either as a bundle or each model seperate

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thanks for the warning Gernot. Now downloaded the entire archive and saved to disk...........just in case 😕

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

All of this has been removed per Potsmoke's request. All links are not broken in that first post and I might lock this thread so people won't complain about broken links 🙂

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Wanted utilitary Ships:

Ship, only courier, Interstellar: 10 to 20 Ton.

Ship Taxi and courier Interstellar: 20 Ton (1 cabin) to 120 Ton (10 cabin)

Tourism Ship passenger Interstellar. 10 to 40 passengers. (10 to 40 cabin)

Ship Charge Interstellar. De 100 a 1220 Ton.

I need some crazy, great builder.

Is there anyone here? 😎

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

you are thinking of new ones walterar?

hm, would cost some time, depends actually also on if they needed to be textured, because actually i can't make textures in the way i do them.

GIMP is worth a **** for that.

if anyone knows a good, really good PAINT program for the MAC, no photshop blown up junk, let me know.

i paint textures, like i paint pictures and i need basic tools and no "we do everything by pressing of a knob but it won't workout as you like ha, ha".

any style ideas?

i mean, should they be in FE2 box style, hard edged like FFED3D's, more futuristic sleek designed, or perhaps vintage space ships (i like that).

give me a style idea and the ships will be build in "Walterar's Shipyard - (choose a location)", or whatever name will please you and remind of you.

while,

Quote:
Ship, only courier, Interstellar: 10 to 20 Ton.

Ship Taxi and courier Interstellar: 20 Ton (1 cabin) to 120 Ton (10 cabin)

Tourism Ship passenger Interstellar. 10 to 40 passengers. (10 to 40 cabin)

Ship Charge Interstellar. De 100 a 1220 Ton.

i guess this must be overthought a bit, i dont like passenger cabins or cargo life support in small ships, a ship with 20tons cargo has hardly enough space for the pilot i guess.

i feel (and tweaked them already to someting like that) 1 passenger from above 30tons each 10 tons 1 or 2 more, is fine, on larger ships (>200t) the stepping can be increased, or left "open" so you can fit as many as you got free cargo space left in the shipö

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

The idea is to make a game of "playing" with what Pioneer has today, the infrastructure.

With minor modifications may be possible.

This is the script of the movie, not the infrastructure.

This is the universe Pioneer after 23 years. 3223, will change according to the Pioneer alpha dev

The infrastructure, now, is not useful for combat. Not functional.

The ships, without weapons. Civil tasks. In an Eagle always be a passenger. 😉

There's a lot more, but better it will operate.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

walterar that confuses me a bit...

Una vez traté de resumirlo.

¿Crees que no sólo, o no se centró en algunas naves nuevas, sino más bien a una modificación?

Nada de peleas, de comercio justo, la investigación y los servicios.

No estoy seguro de cómo se significa que, en detalle.

Se desprende claramente de las demás respuestas de usted que a veces los guiones están trabajando en ellos mismos.

Entonces, ¿cuál sería mi trabajo aquí?

Usted puede responder en español, creo que nos ayuda a ambos.

Edición:

El "Eagle" será un biplaza.

No, mejor sería un nuevo modelo, que puede nombrar "Eagle Long Range Fighter" para "MK IV". Trabajamos bien para una modificación.

Creo que esas naves civiles merecen un diseño diferente.

Eso me agrada "Águila de combate de largo alcance", que suena bien 😉

Pero,

Quote:

Yo no entiendo muy bien qué es exactamente lo que quieres decir con eso?

Y además

Quote:

me da un dolor de cabeza, ¿qué quieres decir?

[/hr]

and for the english speaking fellows

I triy to summarize it.

You think not only, or not focused on a few new ships, but rather to a modification?

No fighting, just trading, research and services.

I'm not sure how you mean that in detail.

It is clear from other responses from you that you are sometimes work on the scripts yourself.

So what would be my job then?

You can answer in Spanish, I think that it helps us both.

edit:

The Eagle will be a two-seater.

No, better would be a new model, I can easily name "Eagle Long Range Fighter" to "MK IV". It will work well for a modification.

I think that those civilian ships deserve a different design.

I like that, "Águila de combate de largo alcance", sounds good. 😉

But

Quote:

I do not quite understand what exactly do you mean by that?

And also

Quote:

gives me a headache, what do you mean by that exactly?

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

potsmoke66 wrote:
hm, would cost some time, depends actually also on if they needed to be textured, because actually i can't make textures in the way i do them.

GIMP is worth a **** for that.

if anyone knows a good, really good PAINT program for the MAC, no photshop blown up junk, let me know.

i paint textures, like i paint pictures and i need basic tools and no "we do everything by pressing of a knob but it won't workout as you like ha, ha".

Yes GIMP is wierd, but the only other free alternative I know of is Pinta = http://pinta-project.com/ and that's very basic, more like Paint.NET on Windows.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

thanks fluffyfreak,

tastes good after a first bite, i can even make bezier lines, cool.

that's something what pleases me already and shows, yes i can use it.

simple is good, no better!

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

"Usted puede responder en español, creo que nos ayuda a ambos."

Sí, creo que será lo mejor.

Resumiendo (no tanto 🙂

El hecho es que encuentro a Pioneer como una muy buena película, con unos efectos visuales fantásticos; pero falta algo. El recién llegado no sabe como empezar. Es un juego? Es un proyecto científico?

Cómo se juega Pioneer?

Tenemos dos posibilidades. Pasear por una fantástica muestra de bellezas gráficas creadas artificialmente por la computadora. Experimentar la ley de Newton en el espacio y, nada más. Si quiero probar una nueva nave necesito dinero. ¿Qué hago? CtrlM? No, de ninguna manera, eso no es jugar. ¿Comprar y vender? ¿Minería? El sistema comercial está totalmente desbalanceado y me llevaría años llegar a una nave que cuesta $2474000. ¿Realizando tareas de delivery o taxi? Ahí la cosa se pone mejor. De todas maneras, y por las tarifas establecidas, el avance es lento y tedioso. Se alientan las tareas de asesinato, son más rentables; pero aunque sea un juego, estamos hablando de matar personas por dinero y eso me parece realmente terrible; elimino esa posibilidad. De pronto me encuentro modificando valores para agilizar las cosas. De pronto me encuentro modificando el juego a mi gusto.

Achico el plazo de entrega para que las cosas sean más difíciles, pero con un pago acorde a la dificultad, al riesgo, y a la inversión de $$$ y tiempo. Es más divertido.

Necesito un hipermotor más eficiente y modifico los hipermotores militares; trampa? No, es necesario justificar ésto, por lo tanto también modifico el escenario.

"En el año 3223 los motores militares de hiperimpulso han tenido un avance tecnológico importante, y se sospecha que inteligencias superiores (alien) han tenido algo que ver. Un motor militar clase 1 ahora se llama Hipermotor Tipo M1, pesa la mitad de un civil Tipo C1 (ex Clase 1) y tiene la potencia de un Clase 2. Por éste motivo se ha popularizado su uso y su costo se ha reducido sensiblemente. Hoy (1 de Enero de 3223) un motor M1 vale sólo $3900 pero tienen un inconveniente, son frágiles y caros de mantener; la revisión equivale al 75% de su valor de nuevo, más o menos, por lo que no es conveniente usarlos mucho tiempo. El fácil acceso a ésta tecnología ha traído como consecuencia el aumento en la demanda de combustible, por lo que su precio ha subido enormemente; hoy (1 de Enero de 3223) 1Ton de combustible militar cuesta $250. Como resultado de ésto ha aparecido La Asociación de Pilotos Espaciales, una entidad (Sindicato de Pilotos?) que presta los mismos servicios que el Combustible Club, la diferencia radica en que puedes encontrarlos en absolutamente todas las estaciones de la galaxia, y la cuota de ingreso es de $1700 en lugar de $400."

En este juego hay tareas (misiones) que śolo podrás concretar usando estos motores.

Hasta aquí todo funciona bién, pero quiero más.

Estoy modificando el módulo taxi para convertirlo en Bus (o algo parecido), con tareas similares pero para un máximo de 40 pasajeros; y Truck, (o algo parecido) con Contenedores de carga en lugar de Cabinas. Todo esto para naves por encima de 120 Ton.

Como verás, no se trata de un nuevo Pioneer, sino de aprovechar al máximo lo hecho hasta hoy en infraestructura.

Y por supuesto compartilo. A alguien le puede servir.

Y con respecto a "The infrastructure, now, is not useful for combat. Not functional."

"Yo no entiendo muy bien qué es exactamente lo que quieres decir con eso?"

Lo que quise decir es que las funciones de combate aún no funcionan como deberían. Prueba de aceptar una misión de riesgo y te encontrarás, al salir del hiperespacio, con una, dos, o tres naves enemigas que no representan ningún peligro en realidad. Son extremadamente fáciles de evadir, parece interesarles sólo la nube de llegada y se dirigen a ella, no a tí. Eso no es divertido.

Ahora voy a pasar esto por el traductor de Google y verás por qué es muy difícil hacerme entender.

"You can answer in Spanish, I think that helps us both."

Yes, I think, the better.

In short (not so much 🙂

The fact is that I find to Pioneer as a very good film with great visual effects, but something is missing. The newcomer does not know where to start. It's a game? It's a science project?

How to Play Pioneer?

We have two possibilities. Walking through an outstanding collection of beautiful graphics created artificially by the computer. Newton's law experiment in space, nothing more. If I want to test a new spacecraft need money. What do I do? CtrlM? No, no way, that's not playing. Buy and sell? Mining ¿? The trading system is completely unbalanced and would take me years to get a ship that costs $ 2,474,000. Performing tasks ¿delivery or taxi? Here it gets better. In any case, and the rates established, progress is slow and tedious. Tasks are encouraged murder, are more profitable, but even a game, we're talking about killing people for money and that I find really terrible remove that possibility. Suddenly I find myself changing values ​​to speed things up. Suddenly I find myself changing the game to my liking.

Narrowed the delivery time to make things more difficult, but with payment according to the difficulty, risk, and investing $ $ $ and time. It's more fun.

I need a more efficient and hyperdrive hyperdrive modify the military trap? No, it is necessary to justify this, therefore also modify the scenario.

"In the year 3223 military hyperdrive engines have had a major technological breakthrough, and it is suspected that higher intelligences (alien) have had something to do. A military engine now called Class 1 hyperdrive type M1, weighs half a civil Type C1 (former Class 1) and has the power of a Class 2. For this reason it has popularized its use and its cost is significantly reduced. Today (January 1, 3223) a motor M1 is worth only $ 3,900 but have a drawback , are fragile and expensive to maintain, the review is 75% of its value again, more or less, so it is not convenient to use a long time. Easy access to this technology has resulted in increased demand fuel, so its price has risen enormously, today (January 1, 3223) 1ton military fuel costs $ 250. As a result of this has appeared Pilots Association Space, an entity (Pilots' Union?) that provides the same Fuel services the Club, the difference is that you can find them in absolutely all seasons of the galaxy, and the entry fee is $ 1700 instead of $ 400. "

In this game there are tasks (missions) that you can only specify using the engines.

So far everything works fine, but I want more.

I am modifying the module bus ride to make it (or something), with similar tasks but for a maximum of 40 passengers, and Truck (or similar) with cargo containers instead of cabins. All this for ships above 120 tons.

You see, this is not a new Pioneer, but make the most of what has been done to date in infrastructure.

And of course Share. Someone can help you.

And as for "The Infrastructure, now, is not useful for combat. Not functional."

"I do not quite understand what exactly you mean by that?"

What I meant is that the combat functions still do not work as they should. Try to accept a mission and you'll risk, emerging from hyperspace, with one, two, or three enemy ships pose no danger really. They are extremely easy to avoid, seem interested only cloud arrival and spoke to her, not you. That's no fun.

Now I will pass this by the translator of Google and see why it is very hard to make myself understood.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Y, por supuesto, entre tarea y tarea, también disfruto de un buen amanecer en un sistema lejano. Y sueño con un mundo mejor en el futuro. 🙂

And of course, between tasks, I also enjoy a good morning in a distant system. And dream of a world best in the future.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

So you see my city in 3223, may find it familiar. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

💡 ¡Ajá! 💡

que era muy servicial.

Es cierto que la lucha es un escape cobarde, creo que tenemos un poco de realismo mucho en este sentido.

"Frontier" muy engañoso, me refiero a que el buque no podría seguir si le hubiera dado el perseguidor, mientras que ninguna ventaja.

Estoy pensando en trucos como la repentina "Imperial Courier" después de disparar una velocidad de un cohete. Mediante la asignación de mayor "frame" que alcanza una distancia fácilmente a usted por 300'000km suelta en un segundo. Este cambio de "frames" hace que sea imposible que depender en general, un perseguidor. Tan pronto como se activa el tiempo de aceleración sólo benefician a la IA ellos. Pero si usted sabiamente, poco a poco a partir de la segunda etapa a la siguiente, es posible colgar un rastreador, que socava la "cheat", simplemente.

No es muy realista, pero es necesario para el juego (otro ejemplo de por qué el realismo no siempre es compatible con el juego).

Invertir la mano, podría dar a los jugadores un poco de ventaja en los argumentos, de lo contrario puede suceder que un jugador pierde el interés.

Por lo menos me siento de esa manera. Pero no siempre fue tan difícil, un poco más zuleicht para iniciar el proyecto. Pero al menos no había ninguna razón para huir.

Balance de hace un buen juego, dar a la IA alguna ventaja porque el jugador una cierta ventaja allí, realista o no, no importa aquí.

Ahora, para el comercio.

No entiendo por qué los precios de los bienes siguen siendo tan mal equilibrada. Se llevará a ninguna parte con el comercio, lo cual es lamentable.

Pero es bueno que no sólo el tiempo me quejo de estas cosas, gracias.

"Lass uns Nägel mit Köpfen machen" (Vamos a ir al grano).

Usted trabaja por lo que incluso en el equilibrio del juego?

Por favor, comparta sus resultados con nosotros, sin embargo, aunque puede compilar con mi software de Mac aún no, pero me parece un buen definido por el usuario de MAC, que me ayuda. Si no es aquí, entonces tal vez en otros lugares.

Por último, también puede contribuir, no será fácil en estas condiciones, pero es posible.

Es cierto que los recién llegados no saben qué hacer con el juego, pero que está en las raíces del juego. Muchos también se encuentran "Frontier" mortalmente aburridas, porque no hay un destino establecido. Por ejemplo, un amigo mío a quien yo mi primer "Frontier" fue dado. Prefería jugar a juegos como "Lemmings", entonces.

"Frontier" ya se tomó un poco de imaginación que le gusta, pero David Braben nunca quiso un juego con una ruta determinada y todos aquellos que aún amo, te amo por eso.

"Frontier" (y "Pioneer") no es un juego para las masas y no era un "flash de arranque" y cuando me miro en el "Pioneer" mira, más de un corredor de maratón.

Algunos, quizás, entender por qué el "Pioneer" es un juego para mí, no sólo algunos, sino una pasión ("Leidenschaft", algo para lo que se sufre).

Tal vez esta idea ayudaría a la junta un poco de rol elementos. Porque yo creo que sería fácil de usar, una vez que se coloca, y que permitiría una amplia variación en las misiones.

También permitiría misiones más largas en lugar de crear una serie de pequeños pedidos, que puede ser, pero nunca dos veces por lo mismo que jugar. La elección seguiría siendo el jugador si quiere aceptar la misión o no.

Pero eso requiere que ciertas cosas de manera sencilla, tal vez muy simple, pero no juega ningún papel, lo más importante que el jugador tiene que realizar una tarea determinada y en el mejor de algo que él no puede prever.

Probablemente no pasará a la historia, pero eso no es probable que el jugador tiene que estar fascinado, no el desarrollador.

Pioneer es exactamente lo que usted ha mencionado un gran demo técnica que muestra lo que podemos hacer con todos nuestros cerebros, pero en última instancia, el jugador le importa poco.

David Braben es nich "the bold" para mí, porque él es tan inteligente, no, lo que le he convencido de que los buenos "cheats", con el que salió de la forma en que algunos problemas o soluciones para mejorar la relación con el realismo "gameplay" ha encontrado, es sólo una cuestión de "David Braben the bold" en mis ojos.

Yo no soy un fan de los "Riders of the Blue Sky", porque eran los mejores programadores, no. Ellos escribieron la historia con inteligentes soluciones simples. "Gameplay", no puedo dejar de delirando acerca de las soluciones simples que tienen un alto adictivas.

Tal vez algunos de nuestros desarrolladores podían tolerar algunos de estos "pioneering" espíritu de aquellos días (creo).

[/hr]

💡 aha 💡

that has helped.

yes, evading enmies is lame in combat situations, i guess we have a little to much realism in that point.

FE2 cheats enourmously, i mean the ships even wouldn't be able to overhaul, but they gave the persecuter a forfait.

think of tricks like the courier missile firing, after each the A.I. accelerates in no time, by using larger frames, in a second he can be easy 300'000km ahead of you.

this altering of framesize is also used in general to make it impossible to escape. you engage "time acceleration" but the A.I. profits of it because of the larger frames.

if you use it wisely in FE2 you can escape, use double speed and get to the next level when you're sure he can't overhaul you no more. takes a little longer to get to the target, but works. you can underrun the cheat.

not realistic, but inevitable for the game. (here we have another example that realism didn't belongs in all cases to a game like pioneer).

on the other hand, the flight model for active combat could leave a little forfait to the human, or the player looses interest in fighting.

which has happened to me, it was less hard (a little to easy), but i never tried to escape it wasn't needed to.

that's what makes part of a good game, balance. give a little forfait to the A.I. where it's needed and give a little forfait to the player where it's needed, realistic or not, it doesn't matters, it's a game.

to the trading, i even don't undestand why the prices of the goods are still such unbalanced, you never get anywhere with trading, that's sad.

but it's only good that it's not always me arguing about that.

"lass uns nägel mit köpfen machen"

so you worked on balancing, am i right?

please share the results with us, you know i can't actually compile the source (my machine leaks), but i will certainly find some help, i hope i'm not the only mac user here. else i find perhaps another kind mac user somewhere.

i can do some to that to, because i can work on the source even if i can't compile it, a bit complicated, but would be possible.

it's true that newcomers didn't know what to do with, but that's already in the roots of the game, many found FE2 boring because you have no clear task to fulfill.

FE2 needs a little fantasy to play and like it. but DB never wanted something with a given path to follow and for those who are still in love with it, it's the main reason to play and like it.

Frontier (and even Pioneer) isn't the game for everyone and was only successful in a long run, no "blitzstarter" and if i look at Pioneer a marathon runner.

my first Frontier i inherited from a friend who disliked it, exactly because of above named reason, he liked games back then like Lemmings.

the difference couldn't be bigger.

while i fell in love from on the first touch, "wow, exactly what i've imagined, exactly what i feel a space game should be", it was a dream come true to me.

perhaps some understand now why pioneer isn't just a game to me, it's a passion or better a "Leidenschaft" (you suffer for).

perhaps a idea like i posted with the board/roleplaying elements, will help, because i feel it will be simple once it's setup and give a wide range of missions as result which you can't finish in only one try, like a simple delivery. what i was thinking of is to join tasks to a little longer mission. i'm convinced this will attract some players who like a path they can follow, but it leaves the opinion to create them randomly, so no mission will be the same as the previous.

and decision is still left to the player if he likes to do it or not.

i think such elements are far more important then to have grown factions, realistic perhaps, but what for? it didn't makes the game.

to do that, certain things must be held simple, very simple perhaps but that didn't matters to gameplay, impoprtant is you give the player something to do.

and best something he can't predict.

well, perhaps you won't write history with that, but it will please the player.

it's exactly what you stated is a brillant tech demo, we show what we are able to do with our brains, but that didn't pleases the player in the end.

DB is "the bold" not only because he's a brain and able to code i don't know what, he was also very tricky and used some charming cheats to workaround certain problems. not only because of little time and disk space.

it's the balance he had always as target and found, between realism and gameplay what makes him "the bold" in my eyes.

i'm not a fan of "the riders of the blue sky" because they was the best programmers of all time, they didn't made history with that.

they made history with intelligent but simple ideas.

gameplay oh, i can't stop enthuse about their simple ideas... which are so addictive.

perhaps some of our devs. need a little bit of that "pioneering" spirit of those days (i feel).

german text

Aha,

das war sehr hilfreich.

Stimmt, Flucht im Kampf ist feige, ich denke wir haben etwas zuviel Realismus in diesem Punkt.

"Frontier" betrügt sehr, ich meine die Schiffe könnten dich auch nicht verfolgen, wenn man dem Verfolger dabei keinen Vorteil verschafft hätte.

Ich denke dabei an Tricks wie das plötzliche beschleunigen des "Imperial Couriers", nachdem Abfeuern einer Rakete. Durch die Zuweisung grösserer "Frames" erreicht er locker einen Abstand zu dir von locker 300'000km in einer Sekunde. Diese veränderung der "Frames" macht es generell unmöglich einen Verfolger abzuhängen. Sobald du die Zeitbeschleunigung einschaltest profitiert nur die K.I. davon. Aber wenn man es klug einsetzt und nur langsam von stufe zwei zur nächsten geht, ist es möglich einen Verfolger abzuhängen, man unterläuft den "Cheat" einfach.

Nicht sehr realistisch, aber notwendig für das Spiel (noch ein Beispiel warum Realismus nicht immer mit dem Spiel vereinbar ist).

Handumkehr, könnte man dem Spieler in Auseinandersetzungen ein wenig Vorteil verschaffen, sonst passiert es leicht das ein Spieler das Interesse verliert.

Zumindest empfinde ich das so. Es war nicht immer so schwer, eher etwas zuleicht zu beginn des Projektes. Aber immerhin bestand kein Grund zu flüchten.

Gleichgewicht macht ein gutes Spiel aus, gib der K.I. etwas Vorteil da, dem Spieler etwas Vorteil dort, realistisch oder nicht das ist egal dabei.

Nun zum Handel.

Ich verstehe auch nicht warum die Preise der Waren immer noch so schlecht ausbalanciert sind. Man kommt nirgendwo hin nur mit Handel, das ist schade.

Aber es ist nur gut, dass nicht nur immer ich mich über solche dinge beschwere, danke.

"Lass uns Nägel mit Köpfen machen".

Du arbeitest also selbst an der Balance des Spiels?

Bitte teile doch deine Ergebnisse mit uns, ich kann zwar mit meinem MAC immer noch keine Software kompilieren, aber ich finde bestimmt einen netten MAC benutzer welcher mir dabei hilft. Wenn nicht hier, dann vielleicht anderswo.

Schliesslich kann ich ja auch etwas dazu beisteuern, wird nicht einfach sein unter diesen Bedingungen, aber möglich.

Es stimmt, Neulinge wissen nicht was mit dem Spiel anzufangen ist, aber das liegt in den Wurzeln des Spiels. Viele fanden auch "Frontier" todlangweilig, weil es kein vorgegebenes Ziel gibt. So zum Beispiel ein Freund von mir von dem ich mein erstes "Frontier" erhielt. Er spielte lieber Spiele wie "Lemmings" damals.

"Frontier" brauchte schon etwas Fantasie um es zu mögen, aber David Braben wollte nie ein Spiel mit einem vorgegebenen Pfad und alle die es immer noch lieben, lieben es genau deshalb.

"Frontier" (und auch "Pioneer") ist kein Spiel für die Masse und war kein "Blitzstarter" und wenn ich mir "Pioneer" anschaue, eher ein Marathonläufer.

Vielleicht verstehen jetzt manche besser warum "Pioneer" nicht nur irgend ein Spiel für mich ist, sondern eine Leidenschaft (Leidenschaft, etwas wofür man leided).

Vielleicht würde eine idee wie die Brett-Rollenspiel Elemente etwas helfen. Denn ich denke es wäre einfach zu handhaben, wenn es einmal aufgesetzt ist und würde breitgefächerte variationen in den Missionen erlauben.

Ferner würde es erlauben längere Missionen zu erstellen anstatt einzelner kleiner Aufträge, welche sich aber nie zweimal auf die gleiche weise Spielen lassen. Die wahl wäre immer noch beim Spieler ob er die Mission annehmen will oder nicht.

Aber das erfordert das bestimmte dinge einfach gehalten werden, vielleicht sehr einfach aber das Spielt keine Rolle, Hauptsache der Spieler hat eine richtige Aufgabe zu erfüllen und am besten etwas was er nicht voraussehen kann.

Wahrscheinlich geht man damit nicht in die Geschichte ein, aber darum geht es wohl nicht, der Spieler muss fasziniert sein, nicht der Entwickler.

Pioneer ist genau was du erwähntest ein tolles "Tech-Demo", welches zeigt was wir mit unseren Gehirnen alles anstellen können, aber das kümmert den Spieler schlussendlich wenig.

David Braben is nich "the Bold" für mich weil er so intelligent ist, nein, was mich an ihm überzeugt sind die netten "cheats", mit welchen er manchen Problemen aus dem weg gegangen ist, oder Lösungen zur Verbesserung des Verhältnisses Realismus zu "Gameplay" gefunden hat, nur darum ist er "David Braben the Bold" in meinen Augen.

Ich bin nicht Fan von den "Riders of the Blue Sky" weil sie die besten Programmierer waren, nein. Sie schrieben Geschichte mit intelligenten einfachen Lösungen. "Gameplay", ich kann nicht aufhören von den einfachen Lösungen zu schwärmen… welche einen hohen "Suchtfaktor" besitzen.

Vielleicht könnten einige unserer Entwickler etwas von diesem "Pioneering" Geist jener Tage vertragen (denke ich).

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 8