Clear all

P66 Models, one by one

Page 2 / 8

Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  
Quote:
And of course, between tasks, I also enjoy a good morning in a distant system. And dream of a world best in the future.

well spoken!

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

i have the models ready for alpha22

Models one by one

- replaces all standard ships (some missing are optional)

- replaces all sub-models

- adds / replaces some model functions skripts (pilot gender & colors editable in "data/models/selector.lua")

- building & spaceports mods

[/hr]

and additionally a bundled update for the "alpha23 prerelease"

models_p66_alpha23.zip

plus the building & spaceport mods for "alpha23 prerelease"

mods_bldg_sport_p66_alpha23.7z

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

edit: ok, worket out

Quote:
- Up the resolution of skin

?, most are scaled up x2 anyway and 2048x2048 for the texture sheet is big enough. i trie to think abou a reduction, because if i give the crew a separate sheet i can save half without loosing a lot compared to the original textures. the cockpit and pilots are fare to detailed and was ment for a inside cockpit view in the original game.

ah, i see now you enhanced the contrast, well i only kept what i got, it was never very bright, overall the textures for the XWA are soft in colors.

Quote:
- make an uniform color for alls parts ( to have a look alike the SW ship )

- modif the technicals deff. ( so now it's really "the most versatile and rapid ship of the galaxy" 🙂 )

- added a main thruster effect

color is by choice, you are lucky i didn't used the colorvariable material 😉 , further, hm, some is glossy some matte.

thruster i didn't liked, it won't look right anyway imho.,

to the specs; i have the manner to give good ships bad specs sometimes, i know, i like that

Quote:
- added a landing gear

doesn't it rests on anti-grav fields? i'm curious

rear views i will have to check for all ships, but it's not urgent

[/hr]

it's ok to create a new sub_model if it's used by many models, but if it's a sub-model which is used exclusive, like your landing gear, you can add that to the existing script or place all in the ships folder and make sure that the sub-models script gets processed first, i.e. name it "0_anymodel.lua" to make sure it stands in front of "YT_1300.lua".

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

your'e right, but hard to find a picture of it...

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

[hsimg] [/hsimg]

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

you like to force me to make a own one, hm? 😉

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Use the force Gernot! 😆

ReplyQuote
Skodyn
(@skodyn)
Senior Chief Registered

Gernot?

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but after adding the typhoon file I get these errors, how can I fix this please?

Error: [string "./models/ships/typhoon/typhoon.lua"] call_model() to undefined model 'pilot_seat'. Referenced model must be registered before calling model

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[C]: in function 'call_model'

[string "./models/ships/typhoon/typhoon.lua"] in function

[C]: in function 'define_model'

[string "./models/ships/typhoon/typhoon.lua"] in main chunk

[C]: in function 'load_lua'

[string

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Skodin, check if you have the folder '/pilot' in data/sub_models

'pilot_seat' is defined in data/sub_models/pilot/pilot.lua

ReplyQuote
Skodyn
(@skodyn)
Senior Chief Registered

No pilot folder only pilot1

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

@skodyn

sorry, took me a while to recon. your post, but fixed the typhoon, even if alpha23 is knocking already at the door.

typhoon_12-06-03_p66patched-alpha22.zip

i will fix the link on first page to, no matter if it changes tomorrow again 😉

also i put the "Caiman" and the "Maneuverable Cargo Unit" there.

[/hr]

Quote:
Error: [string "./models/ships/typhoon/typhoon.lua"] call_model() to undefined model 'pilot_seat'. Referenced model must be registered before calling model

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[C]: in function 'call_model'

[string "./models/ships/typhoon/typhoon.lua"] in function

[C]: in function 'define_model'

[string "./models/ships/typhoon/typhoon.lua"] in main chunk

[C]: in function 'load_lua'

[string

ok, your error was a different one, well i fixed the typhoon anyway (had a wrong ship specific scanner model name, "rhoombha..." instead of "typhoon..." ).

by the way i separated the antenna from the scanner, so the antenna appears for the "Radarmapper" like on most ships now.

the missing 'pilot_seat' must be from a (the) missing submodel(s) i guess.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

i updated the links on page one,

more stuff like the buildings will follow soon.

2011-02-09_013805.jpg

i guess we will see this one soon again. btw, this is greyoxyd's work, i have also still two buildings of him.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

ok, now i got the all things ready (and hopefully working) for alpha23, incl. buildings and spacestations,

have phun

note that i changed again the content of the required submodels a little bit, it will be to your profit 😉

check page 1 to get to the models.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Excellent Gernot! 🙂 Please keep updating your first post in this thread as I can use that link for the folks on ModDB. Any pictures I post on there of your models, get lots of views 😎

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

OK, got them all! Thanks for updating the links. There's an ad on the download page that covers up parts of the file descriptions. It makes it very difficult to discern which files to download. DarkOne said he'd look into it. Now for some phun!

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

updated submodels,

sub_models_alpha23_5.zip

(belongs to "...pioneer/data/sub_models")

more funny adverts (screens) in your spacestation and a stationwide communication system breakdown

and a fitting groundstation for the new stuff,

mods_groundstations_p66_alpha23_4.zip

belongs unextracted to "mods" ("local user data"/pioneer/mods)

[attachment=1280:Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-23 um 01.30.jpg]

(it took me "years" to place and rotate the text on the wall, you can't see here, it's on the docks gate)

and now for a find of greyoxyde's model...

oh, btw, does anyone tried to scoop goods? i did,

sorry most ships won't have yet a working cargo scoop, for some i fitted a flagged geometry, but i made some tries in scooping and whee, it's to hard, no impossible with the actual ships.

i'm working on that to and hope i have soon some useful ships ready, actually i'm using a adder and succeeded with a quite large geometry (5mx5m 10m to 20m in front of the ship, as i remember good old FE2 released the scoop even at a distance of ~20m).

still it's damned hard to catch anything...

there is a problem that has to be solved first, the flagged geometry of the scoop count's as collision mesh (of course), but due to that it will lift your ship probably a lot over the ground when it's docked (because of the size), but smaller as roundabout 5mx5m it won't work.

perhaps we need even a flagged geometry for the docking pos to solve this problem finally, the ships really should rest on the undercarriage or whatever that will reflect. no matter cargo scoop and especially NOT simply the lowest "y" of the collision mesh dimension with UNENGAGED undercarriage (and fixing it with a constant for the eagle and all the rest is wrong).

further there is a problem that docked ships have no collision mesh, that's why the rest on their bounding radius, which is sad (or mad?).

i have the adder for you, so yours can try and see if i'm right or wrong (size of collision mesh for cargo scoop).

adder_alpha23_w_cargo-scoop_1.zip

good luck, commander 😉

ReplyQuote
XB7
 XB7
(@xb7)
Petty Officer Registered

Your work looks fantastic! I downloaded a few of your mods a few days ago and loaded them, but didn't see any changes. So I was under the impression that your mods were already part of the nightly build. Could you clarify that for me?

ReplyQuote
XB7
 XB7
(@xb7)
Petty Officer Registered

OK, I'm just not getting it. When I try to apply the sub_models patch, I get errors in the Mac version of Alpha23.

Can you give a step-by-step guide on how to install your modules?

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I've found the problem with sub_models_alpha23_5. The included folder is supposed to be named 'data\sub_models' not 'data\sub_moddels'. If you install this it makes a new folder instead of overwriting the files in 'data\sub_models'. I fixed it by manually moving all the files into their correct locations. You could instead unzip to a temporary folder and rename it then move the data\sub_models into your main Pioneer folder.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

OMG, i mean, oh my god did that really happened?

ok, won't take long for a fix, i'm sorry that's the most stupid error ever, no excuses (even not the small keyboard nor the steady slipping of the cursor because of rotten touchpad which can't be shut off 😉 ).

shit happens 🙄

mostly after midnight...

besides, sorry for not being able to put my stuff on github...

simply guess i'm to stupid or whatever,

however,

it didn't works for me.

let me do a rigged animation with three "bones" in a script, but spare github...

[/hr]

see, another reason why i guess moving all exchangable stuff to mods is fine.

it's to see that one could in future "build" a complete mod for pioneer, means star-systems, models and scripts all in one, but therefore all must be moved there what is not needed for the engine.

already i moved most things there in my installation, actually only the submodels are left in the "pioneer/data" directory (systems are already there and customized).

but i'm thinking of even to remove the submodels and add necessary ones with the models or some even as a mod, but i have to make proof first if that will work.

anyway it won't work "out of the box", it needs a stripped naked pioneer for this.

personally i guess it's far safer as to move directories to/in the installation,

further, like mentioned before, it would allow to create a replacement for the whole environment.

actually i have a lot of small mods to exchange, especially because some stuff i like much, other i dislike much and i see others might like feel the same way.

but if you have a "naked" pioneer, one could setup a complete mod (quite a big file then) and you place the thing to mods, while removing the other(s), and you go on with a "new" pioneer.

perhaps i upload such a naked pioneer with (right after) the next release, it will be rather small without all the models, and you can place only the things to "mods" which you like to see in your pioneer.

as a example one could make a basic FE2 mod, e.g. a "clean" pioneer and run that one, while someone else likes perhaps a more recent looking version.

there is a little hurdle, 4 ships are requested by their name from pioneer, but by naming some 4 others the same this can be already handled.

so if one would like i.e. a Star-Wars mod, he "only" would need some wrong named ships to go on (yeah, a bit stupid, but out of my reach to offer a better solution, not quite true, i could either change the source a bit for this or hack the compiled prog. for the needs, which would be actually the only option on my macbook, a lot of stuff didn't works as expected, so i can't install many softs i would need, similar goes to github...)

really, one day i would like to install a "christmas mod" with snowpeaked buildings and other goodies, if the time is for christmas 😎

[/hr]

ah, instead of a lot of words...

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

i found another little mistake in my spacports, will upload a fixed one soon together wih fixed submodels.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Ok, another bug report. There's something wrong with the front cockpit view. The pics are right after taking off from Earth in a new game starting from Kourou with my home towns installed. The artifacts appear to be parts of the ship. They and the control panel move about in relation to the ship's angle to the ground.

[attachment=1285:Eagle gap2.jpg]

[attachment=1286:Eagle gap3.jpg]

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

oh, i guess i reported that already in the "cockpits" thread when i presented the front view.

yes i know it's a little annyoing, move the camera a little in front, what you see (the atefacts) is the pilots head (you see through it from inside/behind) sorry.

the strange movement will stop as soon as you get no more height reading to a planet, it's a bit strange and i noticed it already sometimes with a standard setup front camera. but hard to recognize if you haven't any reference, you feel it more like a little seasickness i would say (am i drunk?).

so this is a kind of a issue, but hmm, i didn't think interest in such crazy attempts like adding a pilots view isn't very big 😉

but like i said this persist even in a "standard" view, it's only hard to recognize. i guess it's the same reason as when a ship is docked or landed and you accelerate the time full, then you will notice a tumbling of the view similar to that (especially now with the cockpit view it's better to recognize, you tumble as the hours fly).

actually not to get annoyed to much by it i imagine, ok, the pilot will lean a little fore and back to have a better view 😆

but you have still the original setup you can use...

i was thinking of doing it vice versa, to name the experimental camera setup "shipname_x.alt", but then i thought no, i liked to provoke replies else you maybe won't noticed it and you wouldn't have posted it, so that's fine it was my intention.

i like to know "like it or not", that's why they have the frontcamera setup by default.

so if you don't like it (i guess you like it marcel) then feel free to post that, post your suggestions please, because if "everybody" feels it's useless i won't do it anymore.

[/hr]

argh, this way i get nowhere with the old factory...

hey, marcel you like to get my big crappy? i will do the needed changes in "no time".

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

nobody's perfect

[attachment=1287:Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-24 um 19.04.13.png]

a "uncovered" lanner, must be in a general service...

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I tried moving the camera around. First forward to v(0,0.8,-10). My head disappeared, (ha ha) but I couldn't see the canopy frame. I put it back and a little higher at v(0,1,-9.5) and I like it better there. Much less disconcerting. 🙂

Just found a much more serious problem. I seem to be unable to land. I first noticed it after I installed all of your addons and loaded a saved game. It loaded and seemed to run fine except after leaving Deimos on autopilot to Cydonia I kept getting the message that my docking clearance had expired. I ignored it and the autopilot did a hard landing with slight damage and lots of noise and the landing lights stayed red. I took off and requested clearance to no effect. I then flew to Olympus Mons with the same result. I started a new game, flew to Tranquility Base and had the same problem. I exchanged 4_eagles.lua.gen with 4_eagles.lua, flew to Tranquility again and landed normally.

Did some more testing. I had the same problem with Cydonia even after starting a new game. I'm wondering if your sport stations may be involved. They're installed but I haven't seen one yet. I wanted to let you know in case you read this before I come to a definite conclusion.

Testing done. It was the stations. You did say you were having problems with them, didn't you? 🙄 I disabled their .luas and now it works with my saved game and the cockpit, except that there are some unlabeled old Ladybird ships in the yard that crash the game if I try to look at them. So, Never mind!

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

i should havn't done it, check for a doubled instance for the ladybird in "data/ships" (ship specs), if you have my viper installed remove that, i renamed the police viper to "ladybird" to enable it as police ship. but of course if anything "older" (means a set of ships which contains the common ladybird) is copied later over it or something else has failed, i guess it has to crash, two ships with the same name can't exist.

promise, i don't do it no more, i will offer the "ladybird-viper" 😉 as a extra model.

i'm running all from mods now and such is no problem then, doubled instance? ok move the "infected" mod out and see if it's ok.

while ok, I KNOW that i can't run the old ladybird and the "ladybird-viper" together.

for me it's very handy, because if i'm working on a model i can remove most ships and leave only a mod containing the afforded 4 ships to start the game, starts much faster with a minimum of models.

to the sealed space port, hmm, yes there is a slight problem, due to fact that the docking sequence is ONE for all bays it can get confused and all ships are "locked" inside the station, or they hang around inmidst of the sequence. this is like i said because of one sequence for all. but there is no getting around that if you have only one door for a groundstation.

but it should only happen when you docked to it in a saved game (and of course for all "active" stations where some ships are docked).

to explain, if you save a game and there are some ships docked to any station and you install now the "sport_hostile", some stations will turn to this.

the ships that are resting in the station which turns to "sport_hostile" are now in wrong position and the docking sequence get's released, but let's say all bays are full, then it leads to a funny situation, one is halfaways docking, one hangs in the lift and the third presumerably "waits" for engaging the sequence "outside" (old position). two ships can't be docked simultanously, so the sequence locks and there is no way to free that.

i will see perhaps i find a solution for this.

in the orbital spacestations, no matter which, the ships are in similar positions, so it will never be a problem there when the type of station changes. they don't engage the "full" docking sequence, only the last part to get to the proper resting position (and there is no lift which can be used only by one ship), the sequence is else in general like for the big crappy (one at a time), but it seems it fails when ships are "inside" (resp. outside) and all want together find their "home".

but like i said only for a loaded game, if you start a new one and keep then "sport_hostile" it should never happen.

i guess i have already a idea to counter that, i have to tell it in a way that if there is a ship "docked" and it's not in the proper position not to engage the docking sequence therefore move it directly to the proper position (not "move" more a "flip"), so the docking sequence can't get "locked" because it's not released.

good that i have you as a reminder 😎

i already nearly forgot this problem since i always have the "sport_hostile" in my installation and also didn't load often a career actually none, all is only testing and i know often when i change something i can't use the old ones, no problem for me, only a test run no "career".

and if you load a fresh started game (let's say i bought a ship and equipped it to have a test ship ready to launch) after installing "sport_hostile" it's neither a problem, other ships that are probably docked to it will be already in proper position only your saved ship has to be moved, but of course any other station that has more then one docked ship and turns to "sport_hostile" will lock, i forgot this fact, sorry.

well that's the next thing to do (must delay the big crappy).

[/hr]

therefore i fixed the wring named sub_models dir. and finished old "ACME Bolts & Nuts" for alpha23.

the factory model will of course work in all releases, like most buildings it uses no special sub-models.

need some supplyment?

[attachment=1288:Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-25 um 02.04.01.jpg]

[attachment=1289:Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-25 um 02.04.jpg]

and the files,

http://spacesimcentral.com/downloads/Pi ... ha23_1.zip

http://spacesimcentral.com/downloads/Pi ... ha23_6.zip

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 8