Notifications
Clear all

Pioneer Mods on SSC

Page 7 / 11

Fish
 Fish
(@fish)
Senior Chief Registered

i''ve found a small problem , maybe due to the newautopilot parameters of A30.

many ships dock too low , so i have edit new port_pos for all groundstations , to make an average between all ships (some models are  slightly high , but i think it's better than having models hall_bury in dockpad ).

im not trying to tell you how to do things but i am trying to help you, from this quote i assumed that you wanted to know why it was happening and would want to know how to fix it. i apologies for giving you advise on how to fix your problem but at the time i felt that you and others reading this would want to know how to deal with ships sinking in to landing pads  i didnt intend to imply that your mods have a problem again i was just trying to help

ReplyQuote
baobobafet
(@baobobafet)
Master Chief Registered

OMG so much to read!  (gone for too long, perhaps?)  ..glad to have got to the end - not sure if my patience would hold out if I were looking for the latest mod though.

@Vuzz awesome ship compilation 🙂  This needs way more visibility, some incredible ships!

Think you only missed Gernot's two versions of the Comet?

(btw, maybe delete the ship decals folder from the mod since it overides any new decals)

Haven't checked out the city station modifications yet, but will do so.

Great variety in what is there. - Impossible to imagine not seeing some of these designs being used in any future version of Pioneer.

I hope all the kerfuffle can sort itself out maybe into some sort of semi hybrid solution.

Unfortunately IMO, This topic has gotten way too cluttered for it to be properly useful anymore to find finished mods.

So in the interest of bringing back 'some sort of' organization. I feel it will be sensible under the circumstances to start

'yet another' topic that will focus soley (and perpetually, I hope) on 'completed' mods.

To help to keep things tidy, separate topics for each type of mod is perhaps a better approach.

Lets think of these topics as repositories for mods - and NOT discussion areas.

so:

Pioneer Mod Topic devoted to ONLY ship mods

Pioneer Mod Topic devoted ONLY to Stations & City Mods

Mod Topic devoted ONLY to Total Conversions (TC's)

Mod Topic for everything else

Can you post your mods to the proper new topics Vuzz?

If you do, I will be more than happy to link them to the wiki.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Or just put them on the wiki? A forum is a terrible place to record information.

ReplyQuote
baobobafet
(@baobobafet)
Master Chief Registered

Thanks Vuzz - was wondering why no one else was posting their modds on the wiki 🙂  Just trying to help.  You may be right about pinning the topics. admin?

I will start them anyways and add the link to wiki.

ReplyQuote
baobobafet
(@baobobafet)
Master Chief Registered

Robn I agree it would be good to have it all in one place. Everyone is so visually oriented that pictures beside mods are always nice. I suppose the wiki could be better configured to do that?

In the mean time - also for exposure SSC maybe a good choice as a second file/mod host

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Of course it can be configured to do that. All it takes is asking.

A forum is for discussion, not for long-term information storage. That's why Pioneer as a project keeps this forum at arms length. Its too unreliable for long-term problem tracking (not to mention the amount of downtime in the last few days).

But do as you will. If it gets to be any more of an overhead I'll just ignore it even more than I do already 🙂

ReplyQuote
baobobafet
(@baobobafet)
Master Chief Registered

I made some links to the wiki page. If they get used or not is another matter. Whether there is a wiki solution in the offing or not - I think it may be better to split the mods into categories because this one category all together is waaaay too big, IMO.

If you split it up to 4 smaller categories, people will more quickly be able to find what they are looking for.

I left the link to here intact on the wiki m- I know old habits die hard 😉  

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

I don't think you understand. I own the wiki. Me. If you want something added to it, you ask me and I'll see what I can do. Its not some mystical magical behind the scenes thing that might or might not happen. I don't personally care about it at all, but if you want something then I'll have a look. See?

Please email me though. This forum is falling apart, and I wouldn't trust it to get a message through to me at the moment.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

http://pioneerwiki.com/ . Its free to edit, just create an account.

When I say "its mine" I mean I own the domain and pay for the hosting, and I'm the guy you need to talk to if you want any new features or extensions or whatever. Apart from that, you're free to do what you want with it.

ReplyQuote
baobobafet
(@baobobafet)
Master Chief Registered

@Robn email enroute

@Vuzz Welcome aboard! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)
Warrant Officer Registered

baobobafet,

I tried to get some sort of order months ago before my life got flipped upside down (a la fresh prince!) If you want an extra hand give me a shout. I'm more than willing to lhelp out where I can

As for the wiki, this is not suitable for uploading and storing the mods themselves as there is a 7mb limit, google docs I find is quite poor, skydrive you need a windows account I think.

As someone already said source forge is probably the place to go. A Pioneer Mods project could be setup (I already have an account but have never used it so I have no idea what to do)

A process would need to be established for getting the mods from here or mediafire/skydrive/googledocs or where ever to sourceforge but I am sure the persons responsable could sort that out quite easily.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Try dropbox, not regret. It is best for this.

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)

yeah dropbox could be used for starters but it will still take some organising as we would need the email addresses of everyone that want to upload to the shared folder space.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

The mods lmr become obsolete very quickly. It makes no sense to store old mods. Ideally, mods "rolling release"

I see that you are very good at organizing these things. You know how the Pioneer mod system.

Ps. SSC is under DOS attack?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

"some news about update of my mods"

Vuzz, this is a good news. 

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)

Walterar, I appreciate there is no need to store old mods, it's about version control. Which is why boabobafet said that instead of creating hundreds of posts for modders to issue an update, the modder should just edit their initial post. So instead of 35+ pages and 100+ posts there will only be 1 or 2 pages with 20 posts. Each post will be a current version of a mod.

This will make it easier to find the latest version of any mod and also make it easier for these mods to be uploaded to a central store that is not dependant on some individiuals online storage account as these can become inactive etc.

I don't think SSC is under DOS. I beleive he said he was having issues with the hosting and is looking to move elsewhere again.

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

ok ^^ as usual on all wiki ,

Not all! Many wikis cannot be edited by just anybody.

Perso i think is a little too early to call "old" LMR mods , actually if we don't use LMR we have nothing in pioneer !

So for me LMR is always the only way to run Pioneer and to add stations , buildings , shaders , ships, modules  etc and of course Mods .

No, LMR is definitely the old way. Now is not the time to start something new in LMR. Now is definitely not the time for a new person to learn LMR.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

For sharing things like mods it might be possible to set something up using SparkleShare if we have our own webserver?

Or could we make use of ModDB?

We just need an easily accessible location that won't disappear after a few weeks.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

We just need an easily accessible location that won't disappear after a few weeks.

For now I would recommend Sourceforge. FTP access, basically unlimited space, you can devolve access if you like and you get a great CDN to keep downloads fast for everyone.

In the longer term I think a mods.pioneerspacesim.net could work, but I doubt we're ready for that yet - the demand isn't quite there yet. When we do do it I'll need an actual web programmer to build the thing and money to fund a VPS for the project. Once we've got that we can also do the in-game mod downloader/manager that has been talked about in the past.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Hey Vuzz, I not know this bird.

ReplyQuote
Fish
 Fish
(@fish)
Senior Chief Registered

i like that ship its like someone strapped a spaceship to the back of a star whale

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)

Vuzz,

I think there is an issue in the ships all in 1 V1.3 when used on it own.

start at lave and take a look at the station com advert, It looks too high to me?

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)

I do have your stations mod too, I just did not know if you knew about the advert glitch in the ships pack in case anybody else just had that installed 🙂

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)

Happy to help 🙂

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)

D/L'ing now, I let you know but I am sure it will be fine 🙂

yes I know only too well that speed leads to a few mistakes.

EDIT - Yep that works fine now. Should that not be V1.4 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 11