Notifications
Clear all

Please can anyone direct me to new ship models?

Page 1 / 4

Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Im loving the models but has anyone tinkered with or made any model ships for the new Pioneer that they would be kind enough to share? Im struggling to find them among all the threads 🙂

Best wishes,

Mike.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Mike

You could try Pioneer Scout, that has had a recent update and has both old and new ships in it if that is any help to you?

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

and has both old and new ships .

Really both ? 

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

You know what I mean Tourist.   However,Tourist is correct, there is another option which he created himself called Genesia and is available here.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

WOW! you guys rock, I totally want your babies. 🙂 Many thanks.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

Thanks, 

Maybe you remenber me under the pseudo "Vuzz" ...

Just an advert about Genesia , it's an Oldie of Pioneer  , models are build with the ancien system LMR , so Genesia come in an solo version, and it's no compatible with actuals Pioneer's Products .

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

No sorry Tourist, I don't recall a Vuzz. Does anyone know what Ive done here, I get this when I try to run Genesia.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Oh yes sorry, I live in Australia or something. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I'm guessing that you may have to update your video card's drivers and turn your monitor upside-down. 😛

Btw, Genesia includes a version of Scout+ too.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Ahh OK, thank you.

Best wishes,

Mike.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Fail. 🙁 updated the drivers but still the same thing, some didly about a runtime error. Pioneer runs fine though?

Any ideas?

Yours hopefully,

Mike.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Do you have the latest version of Pioneer Scout installed? If so Genesia wont start and give a runtime error. If this is the case, try removing just the Scout mod and trying again. When you want to play Pioneer again with the mod, just copy it back.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

Genesia don't support any mods for actual pioneer , because he used an different sort of system for build, 

so if you have mods instal for pioneer in mods folder : just remove this one and put temporary in another place  , the mods folder must be empty to run Genesia , because if not he read the mod and give you an error .

Genesia and Pioneer are not compatibles since the alpha 32 . 

Don't  worry abouit mods : Genesia is a complete solution with alls enchancements possible , ( Scout missions , alls existing ships , many sort of buildings , diffrents starports and spacestation , etc etc .... ).

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

@ Geraldine , 

The problems meet by  mhollow2 are one of the reasons why i've delete Genesia from the SSC download section , the two system use similar source and can't work together on the same computer .

Until the user don't know how to clean the cache folder and the modsfolder. there is always problems .

I'ts the reason why i've search about a programmer to actuallise the source of Genesia to continue the dev , but nobody seem be interested by LMR system for models .

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hiya, no I have not installed Scout, I was going to do this after getting Genesia up and running. Ahh, that's a shame, G looks like its got some cool ships and things but not to worry, many thanks to everybody for trying to help though. I wish I could return the favour but I'm a computer clutz. However, if any of you have any deep seated psychological problems then I'm your man (I work for the British health service).

Yours still hopefully,

Mike 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thanks for the explanation Tourist. I do hope you do find a programmer some day.

And mhollow2? Do try what Tourist said, go to "My Documents" folder on your PC, open the "Pioneer" folder then open the "model_cache" folder and delete everything in there as well as the "mods" folder. Looking back through some of the Pioneer threads on here, that was the recommended action.

Genesia will re-populate the Pioneer folder with files when it first starts up.

If this works for you, I will update Genesia's description to include this advice.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

OK, Geraldine, ill try that now and post the results.

Mike.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Ps, Geraldine, maybe we should let Elite die and just live on in our hearts. Sideways man smile wink cough.

Best,

Mike.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Well I did what you suggested, deleted the 1000 odd files in the models cache folder, the mods folder was empty. I then ate some potato wedges and a nice salad, that really helped as I was hungry. Unfortunately the deleting did not work and I got the "This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way" message.

Mike.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Mmmm I was sure that would fix it. Sorry about that Mike. One last thing I can think of (and this goes back to the early days of Pioneer) is that sometimes (depending on drivers installed), a Microsoft  runtime update was required. But for the life of me I cant seem to find it on the forum. Its there someplace and if I do find it, I will update the post. As for letting Elite die, you do know about Elite Dangerous I presume?

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

(Spills coffee all over lap!!!!!!)

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

@mhollow2

1 - Stay away from the coffee.

2 - Take one tablet of Bromazepam 6 mg.

3 - Download and install the latest version of Pioneer from here.

4 - Tell me if it works.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Haha, thanks Major, ill do that and report back!

Mike. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Yes, and delete everything in your model_cache and mods folders before you run it. That should determine if your hardware will support Pioneer. The more hardware-minded members will be interested in your computer configuration, OS, the version of Pioneer that you're trying to run and the output of your stderr.txt and your stdout.txt files.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

Technicians are in the place ^^

I return in holydays 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4