Notifications
Clear all

Please can anyone direct me to new ship models?

Page 3 / 4

Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

Hem,

I think  Shadmar is too busy for the moment on Paragon ( and these project is more important than Genesia who's just a sort of archive afterall ).

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Have I done a bad thing? Am I in trouble or something? Oh dear. I'm not sure what this means or how to get Genesia working!

Best wishes,

Mike.

No you haven't Mike, thanks to your question Walterar made a new executable for Genesia that will allow it to run even with Pioneer (with Scout Plus) installed already. All you have to do is hit download the link in Walterar kindly provided, unzip it then copy and replace everything in the Genesia folder. That should finally allow you to try it out.

When I get a chance, I will upload Walterar's Genesia fix tomorrow to the SSC.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

if you want Geraldine i can upload an R8 of gensia with the new exec and also so little mods i've made : a new armor3 instead the teddy bear amor  , and a lightly sol system lua with less town ....

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Awesome! Thanks for making this happen everyone. 🙂 🙂

Mike.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

So, I don't mean to sound too much like the duffus that I am but, exactly what do you do with the four new files that Walterar created?

Mike.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Mike. You put them into the directory Genesia to replace the four files of the same name.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

if you want Geraldine i can upload an R8 of gensia with the new exec and also so little mods i've made : a new armor3 instead the teddy bear amor  , and a lightly sol system lua with less town ....

You have an R8 build Tourist? Yes please!   But, perhaps it might be best to upload a patch of just the updates. It took me ages to upload the main build, no need to upload everything again unless you need to. Your choice though Tourist, but yea R8!!!!

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

OK. I believe I did the correct thing and replaced the four files in the Genesia folder (in Genesia folder) with the ones provided by Walterar. Unfortunately this didn't work on my system, I still get the same message. Maybe i'm doing something wrong, it certainly wouldn't be the first time lol.

Mike.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Then I realized you must mean the outer Genesia folder, but that didn't work either. 

Best wishes,

Mike. 

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Ok I found an old post of mine with a link to

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Some had difficulty in the past trying to run Pioneer without this installed in their Windows machines. Try this Mike and let us know if that helps. Do remember and read the install instructions first though on the web page.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

No luck with that one Geraldine. Thank you for the suggestion though. Was worth a shot. Just to be clear, do I boot from the pioneer icon in the inner or outer Genesia folder?

Regards,

Mike.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

You should use the one inside the Genesia folder unless you have created a shortcut for it in your desktop or start menu.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Which one Geraldine? there are 2!

Mike.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

You run Pioneer.exe which is inside the folder Genesia_R7

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

@ mhollow2, When you said there are two pioneer.exe it made me wonder if you extracted Genesia into the same folder as your current Pioneer alpha folder. I want to make sure that you understand that Genesia should be in it's own separate folder and run from there, the same way that you can have different Pioneer alphas on your drive at the same time. We'll get you there yet!

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

@Marcel, no, I have Extracted Genesia onto my desktop, not into the pioneer folder which i have moved to my program files. After extraction I have been left with a folder called Genesia_R7. If I go into this folder there are 17 items:-

1. Data (folder)

2. Genesia_R7 (folder)

3. Licences (folder)

4. 00 vaisseaux (jpeg)

5. 01 vaisseaux (jpeg)

6. AUTHORS (text file)

7. Chanelog (text file)

8. Chanelog Genesia (text file)

9. COMPILING (text file)

10. Genesia (a short cut)

11. Modelviewer (text file)

12. QuickStart (text file)

13. Pioneer (exe icon)

14. Pioneer.map (map file)

15. README (text file)

16. Lmrmodelviewer (a blue box icon)

17. Lmrmodelviewer.map (map file)

So item 2 in my above list is a folder containing what's on this list again and thus Inside that folder is another pioneer exe file. Is this 2nd folder (second item on list) meant to be there?

Hopefully,

Mike.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

what is thes Genesia exec folder in second place ? open these one please

i have no make any second folder called genesia !! ???

i think you don't understand how install thes patch of walterar  open thes second folder called genesia ( it was certainly the patch  copy the integrality on his content and paste in the main folder ( and for sure choise replace option

or more simple : delete all these bizaroid genesia and reload R8 ( he have directly the new exec of walterar)

the link is here http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/topic/3443-new-game-total-mod-pioneer-genesia/page-4#entry39152

( or soon in the SSC download section)

ps please listen me , i'm the guy who have make Genesia , i know what i say !

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

OK. So i have downloaded the Genesia_R7 folder again, re-extracted it and the following is what is in the folder (image 1 below).

This is where I put the 4 new files Walterar created. As you can see there is a folder inside the extracted Genesia folder called Genesia_R7.

If I go ahead and open this second folder it contains a second .exe (see second image).

Best wishes,

Mike.

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Stop the press! I just downloaded R8 and it works, I now have Genesia running fine, awesome!

Many thanks everybody. 🙂 🙂 🙂

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Sorry. Spoke too soon, it goes to main screen then when I select start at earth it gives me the OpenGl error(s) during frame: Gl_INVALID_VALUE message again. Just to be clear, do I have to put Walterars new files in the R8 folder?

Best,

Mike.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

No, the R8 release includes walterars files.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

mmmm , i think you see but not really read ? 

it's necessary to clean your cache folder when you change ....

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Ok, I'll clear the models cache and the mods folder and try again.

Mike,

ReplyQuote
Biscuits
(@biscuits)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Nope.

Mike,

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4