Notifications
Clear all

Things related to Scout+

Page 3 / 9

Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

may can i tell my opinion ,about these skybox ? 

This is a game in the milkyway galaxy , so in any place of this game the player must see the same background..

The views from paragon are a nonsense we can't see in the milkyway a closer view from any other galaxies, so the realistic way is  only one view.

But after that it's a question of feeling for the players , somes want a real space sim , and others may prefer a colored - arcade game .

"all tastes are in nature"

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Good points there Vuzz.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

I discussed over two months for this issue on GitHub https://github.com/pioneerspacesim/pioneer/pull/2570  

Everything is ready in the Pioneer master to be a user option. Just need the switching support (written in CXX) and the "buttons" in the UI.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

@Walter

Ha ok , excuse me if i'm not very often on github, but i'm alone and busy on Genesia and have no more time to take a look at that very well .

When this issue #2570 was resolved , if you want you can use my milkyway texture by default in Scout+

( I've clean up the folder in my .zip ^_^ )

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
If I do not see GitHub, Scout becomes obsolete quickly.  😀

The Scout dds weigh 768KB. Yours weighs 12MB. 

Feel like reduce it? You should use a resolution of 512 x 6 faces, by the way it works in Pioneer SkyBox would suffice.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

no need to change this skybox , that work perfectly with hight res

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Ok

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@Vuzz

I'm thinking of leaving default.dds only, in the next version of Scout+ (G16) The rest of the dds (ub0 to ub9), in a compatible optional mod. In this way we can include your mod as a compatible option. And... all can be happily ever after. 

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

The most happily for me is to reach adapt this skybox on Genesia .

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Genesia (Pioneer LMR) is a classic. Take care of him, do not change. 

Occasionally i like to recall what was Pioneer LMR. On some things, quite overcome.  In other, much remains to be done.

ReplyQuote
sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered

Very beautiful ships in that modification was before. I want them now and in the future.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Yes, many thought the same. Hopefully Gernot listen.     

Have you seen the new page of translation of Scout? Tell me if it's easier that way.

I think the translation into Russian of the Scout, needs your wisdom.   

ReplyQuote
sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered

No problem! Only I can't register on the page for translation((( System writes, that for Russia there are limitations.

But it is also true, and then - to scout this translation system is very convenient.)

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Yes, it seems that Google also has problems in your area.    

If anyone has trouble downloading the mod,  warn me please. I upload it somewhere else.

ReplyQuote
dbyspy
(@dbyspy)
Crewman Registered

Buenos diaz walterar!

Very well done the completed mod that G16 of you, not far from reconstituting military mission and reputation that goes with it.

I notice something in the Economy and Trade Tab from the  Ship Information, the Cash value is with 3 decimal after the unit(ex: 22,568.303), is this wanted?

Another thing, I received at some point the Out_of_memory..., which is a bit paradoxal, because I've got 16G of RAM with an i7 2600 including the HD GPU, how can I resolve the problem?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Buenos días @dbyspy    Thanks for testing Scout+

I notice something in the Economy and Trade Tab from the  Ship Information, the Cash value is with 3 decimal after the unit(ex: 22,568.303), is this wanted?

Yes, it is made with three decimals, for  better display in rounding. But I think it was a error as it may confuse. The next version, G17f, return to two decimal digits. 

Another thing, I received at some point the Out_of_memory..., which is a bit paradoxal, because I've got 16G of RAM with an i7 2600 including the HD GPU, how can I resolve the problem?

I have known people with some strange problems with the  latest versions of the engine. Some are solved by updating the drivers for the video card. If your case is not resolved, we will seek to find the cause the problem. 

ReplyQuote
NiankoSensei
(@niankosensei)
Senior Chief Registered

Wow, removing tradeship.lua fix a lot of crash problems related to ships, great work Walter, why you don't merge those changes into master ?

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
Thanks NiankoNensei 

The problem is that the engine can not handle automatic landing with accelerated time. It is a known problem, but this is a cxx.dev task and nobody has been interested in resolving so far. All I did was "dodge the pothole" and the result was what you see. But, do not he's finished, there is much to be done. And always K.I.S.S.    

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Walterar, I am trying to customise the sound set using MP3s that I have, what are you using to create .ogg files. So far I have been using VLC but I am not having much luck in converting them so that the game will use them. Any advice?

ReplyQuote
dbyspy
(@dbyspy)
Crewman Registered

@Geraldine, there is a software freeware I use is call Freemake Audio Converter, just make sure when installing it you unchecked those promotions that came with it.

Buenos dias Walterar,

I notice something when we destroy enemy in a mission with a missile, the kill do not count. Is this wanted?

Another idea is about to implementing button for buy and sell, so we will not have to click 100+ times on the item but just hold the button, what do you think?

And, on another subject, what tools we have or I can use to implement new ships like the one I saw on this forum as a 24A version of the X-WING or else?

Keep the good work, really interesting.

Oh ya I just remember, at the shipyard, ship market, the Lancet is reporting as having Forward and Reverse Accel with the same amount Full or Empty, which when you buy it, the calculus of is weight will apply and reduce the accel accordingly, is it the only one showing wrong stats, I do not know.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  
@Geraldine 

I think you should listen to dbyspy. I use linux since I retired. 🙂

Is this wanted?

Yes, but no. You've probably used a naval missile. That missile was launched to test the new explosion effect, needed something infallible. In the next version, G17f, missiles do the job that is expected of them, and more too. 

what do you think?

This is collateral damage of the new user interface. Something that is pending @robn, and that may not be easy to solve. 

what tools we have or I can use to implement new ships like the one I saw on this forum as a 24A version of the X-WING or else?

We can make a call to those who have had this experience: @fluffyfreak, @potsmoke66 (Author of the majority of them

), @jpab 

I think all have used Blender.

I will review this flying saucer. 

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Geraldine, I use Audacity. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ It works on the three major operating systems.

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

I have a problem, I can not find the front and the back of the dish.   I can not explain why fly, but I assure you it Lancet is an excellent fighter.

If you are converting LMR models to SGM, have a list for you. 

@Marcel. I think @Geraldine is putting music to your mod Pioneer Elite IV 

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Geraldine, I use Audacity. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ It works on the three major operating systems.

Yep, Audacity is cool.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

I use Audacity for edit and SoundConverter for massive convert. It seems that both are multiplatform.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 9