Clear all

Alpha 14 released

Page 2 / 2

robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks to Philbywhizz an OS X build of Alpha 14 has just been posted at http://pioneerspacesim.net/download .

ReplyQuote
ElectricSkies
(@electricskies)
Petty Officer Registered

Thanks for the OSX build, Philbywhizz. However, it quits itself immediately upon being opened. Do other OSX users have this problem?

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

ElectricSkies wrote:
Thanks for the OSX build, Philbywhizz. However, it quits itself immediately upon being opened. Do other OSX users have this problem?

That's not cool.. Are there any messages sent to the console (via the console app - located in /Applications/Utilities?)

What version of OSX are you running?

ReplyQuote
ElectricSkies
(@electricskies)
Petty Officer Registered

I'm running OS 10.6.8.

I tried opening it through Terminal, but there were no error messages. Terminal shows the next command prompt before Pioneer crashes, so it seems that it runs for a bit before closing.

Edit: as per advice here I tried deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Pioneer, but it didn't help.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

ElectricSkies wrote:
I tried opening it through Terminal, but there were no error messages. Terminal shows the next command prompt before Pioneer crashes, so it seems that it runs for a bit before closing.

Ok, I think I know where the issue is now - it is the way that the application is packaged with the newest lua management code (damm you luamanager and your constructors! 🙁 ).

I'm going to have to have a rethink on how to package up pioneer on OSX (I have an idea of a work around), and unfortunately I won't be able to test and fix it until tonight. Thanks for your patience.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Hello,

I've re-uploaded Alpha14 for OSX up to sourceforge. - It should be in the same place, and I'm sure Rob will update the website shortly.

Now that the basic build is back working again, I can start to look at some other fun stuff instead. 😀

Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2