Alpha 24 released
The Pioneer development team are pleased to announce the release of Pioneer Alpha 24. Atmospheres have been the winner this month, with stars fading in daylight and ships without shielding experiencing a lot more damage. On the inside, lots of work has been done to make the Lua environment smarter and safer, including autocompletion in the console. Full changelog and builds for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (32 & 64-bit) are available from the download page.
- Background stars fade out in daylight (#1300)
- Atmospheric flight restrictions. Ships that can't fit shielding can't purchased at atmosphere ports. Attempting to fly in atmosphere without causes quick death (#1328, #1240)
Minor changes and tweaks
- Show orbital periapsis/apoapsis in system info with greater accuracy at small distances (#1311, #1303)
- Sector view search box now supports the numpad (#1329, #1327)
- Allow 10x timeaccel during docking sequence (#1332)
- Fix flipped vbuilding glowmap (#1280, #1279)
- Fix scrolling in the mission list (#1292, #1291)
- Fix UI elements responding to the mouse wheel as a click (#1307, #606)
- Fix issues in the way multiple file sources (ie mods) are added to the union filesystem (#1359)
Script and model changes
- Lua console now provides autocompletion. Press <TAB> to cycle through possible completions of the current identifier (#1286)
- Lua console now accepts expressions and prints their result (#1304, #1313)
- Lua updated to 5.2.1 (#1293)
- Renamed UI to Comms (#1288)
- Limited libraries available to LMR to debug, string and math (#1289)
- Allow Characters to be created from random seed (#1299)
- Improve printing of core objects to include their type (#1301)
- Excluded package, os, io and various bits of math libraries and certain other core Lua functions for safety (see LuaUtils.cpp for rationale) (#1317)
- Aliased math.deg2rad to math.rad (#1317)
- Added util.hash_random to provide a repeatable source of "randomness" (#1317)
- Abstracted out the normal Lua object type promotion test, and Lua ownership of refcounted objects (#1290)
- Stop a broken Lua error handler triggering an infinite loop (#1289)
- Changed LuaGame and LuaEngine to use the LuaObject system (#1296)
- Simplify logic in LuaObject (#1301)
- Change implementation of LuaObject attributes to allow overriding (#1312)
- Code style cleanups (#1334, #1335)
everything seems cracking so far.... <img src="' http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/public/style_emoticons//cool.gi f"' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='' />
I am glad that the new fading stars feature is possible now even without the HDR.
I am testing the Orbiter D3D11 client and the HDR/Bloom has similar glitches and problems the old Pioneer HDR had.
Do not know about other platforms, but in linux, is the most stable version I've tried so far.
i probably did have something wrong somewhere but the weird thing was when i then added the modded asp it would work fine. however i have now deleted everything and all seems to be back to normal.
"[background=rgb(33, 47, 58)] i have now deleted everything and all seems to be back to normal."[/background]
Now the MOD function as it should be. But with a mod wrong, can break Pioneer. Fortunately, removing the MOD, things back into place. Easy.
Oh goody! I had better get busy and update Mod DB <img src="' http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/public/style_emoticons//girl_crazy.gi f"' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='' />