Notifications
Clear all

Alpha 7 released

s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

Here is Alpha 7, which was going to be alpha 6.2 but with the addition of some nice features by Tom it has made it to alpha7 🙂

*Planets now have Axial tilt.

*Planetary descriptions now show the axial tilt.

*Many planets, even habitable ones, now have some volcanoes.

*Some planets will contain a super-volcano or two, like Mars.

*Standard rock worlds have been reworked somewhat, terrain was modified as well as many new colours added.

*Asteroid terrain and colour has been tinkered with slightly, there is more height variation but less jagged areas too and the colours should consist mainly of grey and brown with some variation occasionally.

*Some atmospheres are much thicker, you will have to think twice about going to places like this in slow ships. Venus and Titan are examples of worlds with much thicker atmospheres, its more realistic this way although harder to see where you are going on those worlds.

*Some planets have a new graphic in the system view for easier recognition.

*Added adverts by Potsmoke66 and station retexture by Marcel.

*Fix planet atmosphere alpha bug with shaders disabled.

*Many other terrains have been tweaked to stop weird things from happening and some have a few added features.

Alpha 7

Its been hotfixed, please download it again if you haven't seen this message. Its also a full package now, you won't need alpha 6.

*Fixed crazy coastlines on some habitable worlds, caused by the volcano function.

Thanks go to Tom for creating a wonderful game and for letting all of us fans help out 🙂

Enjoy.

Gerli
(@gerli)
Crewman Registered

Excellent! Downloading!!!

ReplyQuote
tomm
 tomm
(@tomm)
Master Chief Registered

Oops, sorry, your FTP quota was 10MiB. I've increased it to something huge.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks, I'll upload the full package along with a small fix to something I noticed.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Thank you tomm and s20dan! And I'm honored to have my texturing job included! 😀

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

I've had a hard day, so this release comes at just the right time to help cheer me up again - thanks!

Btw, this build has the same 'starting without shaders' bug as Alpha 6 did but is solved the same way - by downloading this: http://pioneerspacesim.net/sites/defaul ... .frag.glsl - and overwriting the file in Pioneer/data/shaders. 😉

ReplyQuote
KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered

Awesome release. I tried it today on my work PC and even the "standard" planets look great now with lots of detail. And I really like the added info in the planet screens. I can start over searching for favourite planets though, a lot of favourite spots on planets in my savegames have changed, hehe. But that's nice, now I can search for new cool places 😀 .

Thanks Tom and contributers!

ReplyQuote
KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered

Just tried Alpha 7 on my home PC and the letter "i" is all screwed up. It shows as a letter "l". I.E.: "slmulatlng evolutlon of the unlverse", etc.

Anyone else have this bug? Not that it totally ruins the game or anything but it looks funny...

ReplyQuote
DevonX
(@devonx)
Crewman Registered

Cool but i still crash if i die and try to open the map...

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  
Quote:
Cool but i still crash if i die and try to open the map...

Don't die 😉

Edit// I see what you mean now, I get that too.

Quote:
thanks s20dan for this new release

Your welcome, hope you enjoy it.

Quote:
Btw, this build has the same 'starting without shaders' bug as Alpha 6 did but is solved the same way

Oops, sorry about that. Thats my mistake, I used the shaders from Alpha6 instead of the newer updated ones.

Quote:

Just tried Alpha 7 on my home PC and the letter "i" is all screwed up. It shows as a letter "l". I.E.: "slmulatlng evolutlon of the unlverse", etc

Weird, I havent noticed that one. I dont know why the fonts would be messed up, it doesnt make sense 🙂 ❓ Bah, computers eh?

ReplyQuote
JamieGrant
(@jamiegrant)
Petty Officer Registered

Just installed Alpha build No.7 of Pioneer - great stuff gang!

Looks very promising - SO much room for development...

ReplyQuote