Notifications
Clear all

Announcement: BIG update - adventurous test pilots needed!

Page 2 / 3

impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator
Topic starter  

Identical "warehouses". And the "Crew for hire" shows the same two people. Here's a save.

OK, I was worried this was how the new random generator behaves, but I think
it's more a problem to do with the data we have being put on the BBS twice
for some reason (which does sound vaguely familiar to me.), since the BBS in
your save looks fine on my machine.

So this was in Ineda A (4,-2,-1), Dicksonville (only station in the system).

ReplyQuote
Gizmo
(@gizmo)
Crewman Registered

@Marcel

I faced the same problem on ubuntu-14.04: installed libstdc++.so.6.0.19 was not sufficient.

I updated my libstdc++.so.6 as part of g++-package according to that post.

https://hosunghwang.wordpress.com/2015/07/15/libstdc-so-6-library-mismatch-problem-and-solution/

It works now. It seems, that it was compiled with an higher libstdc++.so.6 library than the ubuntu-14.04 LTS provides, but I am not an expert.

Cheers and many thanks to all the contributors of pioneer

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator
Topic starter  

@Marcel, sorry, but looks like the pioneer build will require gcc 4.9 to be installed. So either upgrade that package, or upgrade your OS (might be time to switch OS? I've heard good things about LinuxMint (debian edition)).

Also, the new build (today) has a fix for the land-take-off procedure for CargoRun mission reported earlier here by @StanPancakes.

ReplyQuote
StanPancakes
(@stanpancakes)
Petty Officer Registered

Here's one more oddity I've noticed (top-right corner, inhabited planet around Miand C):

[attachment=3282:Screenshot from 2015-11-05 04-40-49.png][attachment=3281:Screenshot from 2015-11-05 04-41-54.png]

That's Miand (9, 1, 1). Two orbiters hiding "under" that gas giant. They're still selectable with the mouse, though you have to aim carefully.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Thanks Gizmo and impaktor! I spent the day with the Mint DVD, and I'm impressed. I may install it later, but for now I'm going to update those libraries. I'm having issues with my Nvidia drivers in Unity, so I'll have to redo those too. On the other hand, it's past time for a total backup...

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

@Marcel

Do not change anything. The problem is not in your PC, it is in the build environment robn. I think fixed it in the latest publication 20151105

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Well, I just did the update. It took quite a while, but we have lift-off!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Well, I just did the update. It took quite a while, but we have lift-off!

We have a lift off 32 minutes past the hour!

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator
Topic starter  

A fix for the inconvenience of CargoRun missions loading before unloading is merged (#3510) and in latest build.

CargoRun missions denying missions have a fix in the pipeline (#3516)

For the crash on failed Cargo assert, we're tracking it in the issue tracker (#3517).

As for the bad layout in system info, this is known (#2985, and #1052).

Didn't someone report a crash when a police ship was destroyed? I can't find the post now, I'm probably blind.

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator
Topic starter  

New release out today. It has some under-the-hood changes (Normal Mapping, and optimization) that hopefully won't cause any crash. Most noticeable change for now is that Autosave can now be turned off (Settings). This is recommended if you're frustrated by the game stalling when docking or un-docking during save time.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I too have seen the multiple instances of crew for hire in 20151104. One base had four identical entries. I've seen similar things in Scout Plus. Also, after the sixth save the ground stations' pad lights stopped flashing, and when attempting to land at a fully occupied station on autopilot I got the message, "cannot compute orbital parameters" instead of "All bays full. Try again later". I think walterar fixed the latter two in SP24.

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

I got the message, "cannot compute orbital parameters" instead of "All bays full. Try again later"

I just accidentally noticed this today, while I was idly checking the AI_warning.lua file.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

So two issues:

• Pad lights stop working after 6 save/loads,
  • Autopilot/docking goes wonky at same time and says no bays available.

Do you have a savegame with these issues you could upload somewhere Marcel?

Any more information like what system you see it happening in, or is it in any system?

Andy

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Pioneer AIWarning.lua

-- Copyright © 2008-2015 Pioneer Developers. See AUTHORS.txt for details
-- Licensed under the terms of the GPL v3. See licenses/GPL-3.txt

local Lang = import("Lang")
local Comms = import("Comms")
local Event = import("Event")

local l = Lang.GetResource("module-aiwarning")

local messages = {
GRAV_TOO_HIGH = l.CANNOT_COMPENSATE_FOR_LOCAL_GRAVITY,
REFUSED_PERM = l.CANNOT_COMPUTE_ORBIT_PARAMETERS,
ORBIT_IMPOSSIBLE = l.STARPORT_REFUSED_DOCKING_PERMISSION,
}

Event.Register("onAICompleted", function (s, e)
if e == 'NONE' then return end
if not s:IsPlayer() then return end

Comms.ImportantMessage(messages[e], l.AUTOPILOT)
end)

For those not yet discovered the error, this is the correct code:

local messages = {
GRAV_TOO_HIGH = l.CANNOT_COMPENSATE_FOR_LOCAL_GRAVITY,
REFUSED_PERM = l.STARPORT_REFUSED_DOCKING_PERMISSION,
ORBIT_IMPOSSIBLE = l.CANNOT_COMPUTE_ORBIT_PARAMETERS,
}

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

To clarify, the autopilot seems to be working correctly. The pads were all occupied, but the message to the player is wrong. I see that walterar just posted the bug. The save for this issue is 151104 Moon orbit. This is my eighth time saving. Try landing at Tranquillity base. I just did and also got a ship nearby alert, but all the nearby ships were on the pads.

111504 Cydonia is my sixth save, where the pad lights stopped blinking. They blink under time acceleration, but freeze at normal time.

[attachment=3315:two_issues.zip]

edit: I remember this happening in Scout Plus a couple of iterations back, but it seems to be fixed now. It seemed to take longer to occur back then, but I should also mention that I have nine auto saves in the folder too.

ReplyQuote
Arrakkh
(@arrakkh)
Senior Chief Registered

Just downloaded the last release and.... It doesn't work, as i try to start it appears a runtime error message. Any suggestion?

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

I assume you're running windows (7/8/10)?

Try deleting all of the SGM files.

ReplyQuote
Arrakkh
(@arrakkh)
Senior Chief Registered

I assume you're running windows (7/8/10)?

Try deleting all of the SGM files.

Yes, I'm using windows 7, in which folder will I find those files?

ReplyQuote
Arrakkh
(@arrakkh)
Senior Chief Registered

Aaa! sgm files found and eliminated, now it works. Soon new screenshots.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

This is good to know but I will test the build myself at the end of the month before putting it on ModDB and remove the sgm files if needed. Thanks for pointing that out guys.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Here's my report on running Pioneer in Linux Mint. I set up a dual-boot on my Ubuntu machine and copied my Pioneer folders to the Mint partition. I opened the folder and clicked on the executable and nothing happened so I ran it in the terminal to see the error messages. In the Ubuntu terminal I type "cd ~/Pioneer_folder/pioneer-20151104-linux64" and I'm in the folder and can type ./pioneer. In Mint's terminal you right click in the folder and select "open in terminal" and it opens in the folder! No tedious typing and it's also color coded, how cool is that? Anyway I got a different error than the one in Ubuntu listed above. It said, "./pioneer: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".  I found the solution, Install libcurl3 from the Software Manager. I just did a test run of Pioneer and Scout Plus and everything's AOK!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I've just downloaded the latest version and left the SGM files, it seems to run fine for me. So what I will do is leave them in the ModDB upload but leave Fluffy's advice in the news section.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

The latest version is old. From the middle of the month, we're waiting on RobN to get the build working properly before doing new builds.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Ah...well, runs great for me Andy, but I did leave that advice you gave Arrakkh in the news section. That was some change log, amazing even considering your classing this as an "old" build!

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

That's what I mean, the changelog doesn't match the build, that build is from earlier in the month but the changelog is from just a few days ago.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3