Notifications
Clear all

Autopilot to stations

ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered
Topic starter  

A suggetsion thats probably alreday in the works

But autopilot to station and being able to access and zoom in on the orbital map into a planet and then scroll into a bit further and see a dot for all the stations around and set a working autopilot to the station

doomdark64
(@doomdark64)
Petty Officer Registered

Autopilot anywhere,especially to planets though often crashes you into the ground. is a fix in the pipeline for this?

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered
Topic starter  

from what ive read it is for alpha 8

ReplyQuote
doomdark64
(@doomdark64)
Petty Officer Registered

ollobrain wrote:
from what ive read it is for alpha 8

Ahh excellent stuff chaps.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Well I had a little go at adding in that feature but didn't have much luck.

I wouldn't say it will be in alpha 8 unless I figure out how to fix the error I get with my tweak to add this.

Or unless Tom adds it, as he knows a lot more than me about coding.

ReplyQuote
mathee
(@mathee)
Senior Chief Registered

Before developing a fully functional 3d-map (with moving stations etc) i would set the focus on the possibility of picking navigation targets on the system map. That would definitely make navigation a lot easier and more precise. I don't know how difficult coding is there in order to connect the system overwiew map with the actual existing system in the game?!

From my simple point of view it should be just something like "set target on system object where name is the same than the selected one has on the system map"

For your info, i study business administration so don't ask me coding questions

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

Or here's an idea. How about a button/command/key/right-click menu that gives you an on-screen list of every destination in the system, then you left click on a box or entry or whatnot to select the navigation target? You could chuck that whole cumbersome 3D view out then. 😀

ReplyQuote
doomdark64
(@doomdark64)
Petty Officer Registered

FFE3D uses the nav computer to list all the dockable places in the system your in then its a case of choosing and pressing autopilot.dont know how difficult something like that would be to do.

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered
Topic starter  

Im guessing there would be some degree of difficulty with programming it but it shouldnt be overly difficult for someone who knows how to code.

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered
Topic starter  

proximity alarm sounds like a good idea

ReplyQuote
Bugbear
(@bugbear)
Senior Chief Registered

A collision alert might be nice too - where you're current vector (speed + direction) is going to result in a collision due to insufficient thrust...

Not sure how useful it would be though.

ReplyQuote