BBS News and a new ship

Page 1 / 2

Fish
 Fish
(@fish)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

BBS News and a new ship

These are a few small things i have been working on to add a bit of extra content to the game. They are still very much a work in progress and will need a lot of fine tuning and fixing but i felt that they are at a stage that others may be interested.

BBS News

Galactic News Network

This is just a way to get some interesting background story's in to the game, at the moment there are around 40 story's including some about trading so they are worth reading. The scripts for this are filled with comments for others to add more story's or alter the way that it works.

There are spelling mistakes and i will get round to sorting them soon.

to instal unzip into the modules folder of your pioneer data folder.

New Ship

Deep Space Miner

A very slow and heavy beast of a ship, made 100 years ago for the rich mining industrialists the Deep Space Miner failed to gain popularity as a self sufficient mining vessel because pirates saw them as easy pickings. Despite all this they can still be found on the market.

Built in 3DS Max using the new model system

Hi res textures (just copy them over the ones that come in the main download for the ship)

Source files (contains the 3DS Max scene file used for the mesh's and the Photoshop files used for the textures(layer 0 is the UV template))

screenshot-20121229-235756_zps6b4f5fc2.p

screenshot-20121230-000047_zps5d24d385.p

screenshot-20121224-010516_zps21db368b.p

If any one comes up with any story's or updates to these please let me know so i can update them here.

All of my work here is free to use and change as you like but please try to give credit where its due.

Anonymous

Nice work!

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Excellent work Fish! 😀

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Beautiful ship! And I like the BBS News idea. Downloading...

ReplyQuote
shadmar
(@shadmar)
Warrant Officer Registered

Wow that looks great 🙂

ReplyQuote
Fish
 Fish
(@fish)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

thanks for the comments guys

the ship floating problem has been fixed with the new pioneer release

have a good new year all

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

have a good new year all

It's 3201 already?

ReplyQuote
Fish
 Fish
(@fish)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

well i can tell its a new year now i only ever feel this bad on new years day ughhh

still not sure what year it is but i can tell its definitely a new one

ReplyQuote
shadmar
(@shadmar)

Took it for a spin in the local neighbourhood :

[attachment=1643:screenshot-20130101-225830.png]

[attachment=1644:screenshot-20130101-230913.png]

[attachment=1645:screenshot-20130101-231713.png]

[attachment=1646:screenshot-20130101-232016.png]

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Looks awesome. Really fits the game mood.

ReplyQuote
Fish
 Fish
(@fish)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

thanks for the pics i realy liked the second one . is this using your new shaders and things? and im glad to see the reduced texture size hasn't reduced the quality of the ship.

by the way if people want the higher res textures (2048x2048 pix size) let me know and ill post them somewhere.

ReplyQuote
Fish
 Fish
(@fish)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Updated the Deep Space Miner:

Attached nav light points

Created new LOD mesh for the hull

Attached label nodes

Fixed the collision mesh to include open landing gear (fixes floating above or sinking in to the landing pad)

ReplyQuote
Luomu
(@luomu)
Master Chief Registered

It's a neat ship, I would like to have it in the game after you are done with it.

For your next model, I would recommend using lighter/whiter textures so the ship is more visible. It also allows us to better add colour variations.

Quote:

by the way if people want the higher res textures (2048x2048 pix size) let me know and ill post them somewhere.by the way if people want the higher res textures (2048x2048 pix size) let me know and ill post them somewhere.

Yes, you should always post the high-res originals so they are not lost 🙂 The original .max files too.

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)

Hi all, I have not been around for a while due to various issues that happens when life throws its weight around but I am back around now and must say that I love the look of this ship. And if this is an example of the new model system then I am very excited and impressed.

On a little side note, I have not had a lot of chance to play the new a30 version yet but with my new laptop that now has more power than an astmmatic hamster and the new a30, Pioneer has never looked so good.

I have a lot of catching up do....

ReplyQuote
Fish
 Fish
(@fish)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

flashing/animated lights are not ready yet what i meant by "Attached nav light points" is that the empty nodes are in place and ready for when we can use flashing lights

ReplyQuote
Fish
 Fish
(@fish)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Updated the DSMiner:

new LOD mesh

packed in to a .zip folder for easy use with the pioneer mod system

And a quick peek at the up and coming Lathen Siege Barge (be warned it still has a lot of textures missing or incomplete)

screenshot-20130118-174831_zps2b0cecf6.p

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)

loving that barge fish.

To me it looks like someone drove a B5 earth destroyer right up the backside of a tie interceptor.

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)

@Vuzz, did you get your Star Wars afternoon? The way Disney are going you'll be able to have a Star Wars Day.

@fish, is there and ETA on the barge?

ReplyQuote
Fish
 Fish
(@fish)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

well i was hoping to have it done already(or at least in a state ready for others to play with) but started a few other models so it got put back a bit as it stands it needs new textures and a few LOD meshes added to it befor its ready

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)

started other models too. nice. I may get my flying box done by the end of the year lol

ReplyQuote
Fish
 Fish
(@fish)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

keep at it dude your not far from having it sorted from what i saw and UV unwraping is as much an art as it is a skill (from what i have found out) so just keep it up and you will soon have it looking great.

ReplyQuote
sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered

Hello. How can I translate your news, the names of the goods it is impossible to translate? Can you integrate your script with pioneer-30datalangRussian.txt Help me please.)

ReplyQuote
Fish
 Fish
(@fish)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hello. How can I translate your news, the names of the goods it is impossible to translate? Can you integrate your script with pioneer-30datalangRussian.txt Help me please.)

i know just what you mean give me a few days to add that stuff to the language file (i think that there is an example in the goods trader script that i can use)

and thanks for looking in to translating it

ReplyQuote
Fish
 Fish
(@fish)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Updated the Galactic News Network:

added translate for commodity's

added some translatable names in the language file ["GNN News Anchor"] and ["Galactic News Network"]

ReplyQuote
Mascaren
(@mascaren)
Crewman Registered

I still have the deep space miner, comes withe ne newest pioneer, but i can't find a trader who sell ist.

How can i find it ?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2