Notifications
Clear all

Buying goods in a station/starport

Inscrutable
(@inscrutable)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, this is probably a very stupid question, but is there a way of buying larger volumes of goods than just 1 ton per mouse-click? I've only got a small ship at the moment, but already the requirement to click thirty times just to fill my small cargo-hold is getting frustrating - the thought of filling up a large freighter with several thousand tons of storage is a little scary, and may kill my mouse!

Just to clarify, holding the mouse button doesn't seem to work for me as the product is only transferred when the mouse button is released, and only a single ton is bought at that point, no matter how long I have held the button down for.

I'm assuming that I'm doing something wrong and would really appreciate a little guidance!

Thanks in advance.

nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

There's no way as far as I know. I was thinking about it too, when I was testing my ship that has 2000t capacity. 😀 I think I'll bring this up for Robn, thanks for reminding me. 🙂

ReplyQuote
flyingfetus
(@flyingfetus)
Petty Officer Registered

It would be nice if you could put 10 tons of cargo at a time by control clicking like in ev nova. Also with the new station screens is it possible to use the money cheats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

I like the way Starsector handle's this. Shif+mouse brings up a bar to set the amount.

No, ctrl+m is gone. You can use

import("Game").player:SetMoney(amount)

on the console instead.

ReplyQuote
NeuralKernel
(@neuralkernel)
Warrant Officer Registered

The money cheat is gone?! Well.. back to gunrunning for the Martian Resistance...

ReplyQuote
Inscrutable
(@inscrutable)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for the confirmation on the buying question, and thanks also for preempting my next question which was going to be about the money cheat. How very efficient!

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

The new interface is.. new, so not got everything like auto-repeat and stuff in it but those are all good suggestions! Using Ctrl/Shift to add 10's or 100's of an item might be a fairly quick fix.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Is there a similar console command to equip your ship like 'import("Game").player:SetShipEquipment(fuel_scoop)' or some such? I'm looking for a way to continue my game when a new build breaks saved games. Actually, can someone point me to a listing of the lua console commands in general?

ReplyQuote
DARI
 DARI
(@dari)
Senior Chief Registered

you can use some tools like "Speed Auto Clicker" or "Autohotkey" to have fast mouseclicks either with holding a customized key or on/off switch

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

@Marcel: There is.

import("Game").player('NAME')

or

import("Game").player('CARGO', amount)

There's a list for the constants to use.

The MainMenu.lua could give you hints for some other adjustments like Ship ID 🙂 Where there's a Game.something, you need import("Game").something in the console to be able to use it.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Excellent! Thank you very much!

ReplyQuote
DARI
 DARI
(@dari)
Senior Chief Registered

another question slightly related to trading:

is there a way to make currency readout more readable ?

ie. instead of 3500000.00 credits it got some thousands limiters and reads 3,500,000.00 or in other locales 3.500.000,00

also would like to see an option to hide the dezimal values.

ReplyQuote
Timo3681
(@timo3681)
Crewman Registered

import("Game").player('HYDROGEN', 10) does not work in new Pioneer Space Sim version.

How can i refuel my Ship in lua console?

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

The Wiki page for that is a bit outdated it seem.

This might be helpful:  http://pioneerwiki.com/wiki/Lua-based_equipment#Accessing_the_equipment

Or you can use: 

import("Game").player:SetFuelPercent(100)

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

I guess this should work then?

Game = import("Game")

Equipment = import("Equipment")

Game.player:AddEquip(Equipment.cargo.hydrogen, 10) 

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

another question slightly related to trading:

is there a way to make currency readout more readable ?

ie. instead of 3500000.00 credits it got some thousands limiters and reads 3,500,000.00 or in other locales 3.500.000,00

also would like to see an option to hide the dezimal values.

You think it is more readable without the thosand separators?

If you want to change it, then have a look in the language files in data/language/core/en.json:

NUMBER_GROUP_SEP

NUMBER_GROUP_MIN

NUMBER_GROUP_NUM

ReplyQuote