Notifications
Clear all

Current state of playability

cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi there,

I am curious about the current game state of playability.

Can you do all the things you could do in that "other" game?

Specifically piracy, working as a military pilot, mining, transporting people, trading goods, smuggling, bounty hunting, and maybe stuff that i missed.

Thank you

Offalycool
(@offalycool)
Crewman Registered

I've only discovered Pioneer over the last few days. Long term fan of Elite, and Pioneer does not disappoint. I haven't progressed too much thus far, but it's playable alright. The auto pilot crashes into things, which is frustrating. Also, trading can be frustrating as many planets export and import the same goods making trading a pain sometimes. Nevertheless, check it out for your self.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

It's still very much a work-in-progress... but then it has been for the last couple of years 🙂

The piracy and military parts aren't really there at the moment, however transporting people, messages, trading, smuggling etc are mostly in.

There's also some mod's for Pioneer which add ships and other features. A lot of people recommend walterar's Scout+ mod.

ReplyQuote
cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you for your replies 🙂

I witnessed the lack of piracy and military missions myself. But the other available content is amazing. I have to thank the pioneer team too for creating such a beautiful game.

Cheers

ReplyQuote